suggestion make shards for supports

Options
Xair
Xair Posts: 77 Match Maker
I think the shards have been good to the game, by reducing the dependence on luck for progression.
so I suggest to enhance the system and use it for supports as well.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The problem with that is we can only obtain better Supports by drawing them from tokens. No doubt most of us can max out whatever Supports we do have if we can be bothered but how do we get the higher level ones when there are not many ways to get Support tokens themself? I doubt the Devs will be too keen on having Shards replace red iso as a levelling mechanic and any such addition would almsot certainly involve a trade-off in rewards. I like Supports but I would not want to trade other shards for Support shards simply because Supports only apply to half the game.
  • Xair
    Options
    i didn't mean to replace red iso.
    i meant shards that allow to upgrade a support from 1* to 2* from 2* to 3*...up till 5* respectively.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How would you design such a system? Given that higher rank supports are vastly more rare than low rank supports, it should cost more support shards to advance for increasing ranks.
    What about:
    • Rank 1 supports have to be earned through tokens (or milestones)
    • Rank 1 to 2 takes 100 support shards
    • Rank 2 to 3 takes 600 support shards
    • Rank 3 to 4 takes 3600 support shards
    • Rank 4 to 5 takes 21600 support shards
    I used the factor 6 for increasing ranks just as the CP costs for increasing rarity (20/120/720 CP).

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So shards would only apply once you had maxed out the Support with red iso. Got it.
  • Xair
    Options
    not necessarily.
    i think it would be better if support shards were completely independent of red iso,
    in this example u can upgrade a support using a new support card, or using support shards,
    while red iso is only used to level the support, not upgrade it.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @DAZ0273
    No. Red Iso-8 is for leveling a support. That's a completely separate issue.
    Shards or supports themselves would be for increasing the rank, piecemeal, if I'm understanding it right.

I wondered too why the game doesn't let us increase the rank of the support a little by little bit when we get a duplicate of a lower rank.
    Like, if rank 1 is 20 times more likely to drop than rank 2 (I have no idea about the actual numbers, just an example), why not give shards worth say 3% of the cost of increasing it to rank 2. That's even less than 1/20 but if someone is really unlucky with the rarity on a few supports, eventually they'll still increase their rank by sheer volume...

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All they need to do is to nerf supports, especially those that let you start with 6 ap of x colour, followed by those that increases powers or match damages greatly.

Supports are broken. Imagine even more players having 12 green or 12 yellow ap at the start of the game, and I haven't include +4ap boosts yet.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think the devs regret supports, but players have invested time and resources in acquiring them so they can't simply nix them altogether.

It's evident in the facts that the second wave of supports are all neutered down with only 3 abilities instead of 5, they haven't made a new support in a long time, they did not continue with the support circuit event after testing it, and they haven't increased ways to earn supports aside from a few milestones and including 1 standard support token in the spicy taco vault.

And the ultra powered infinity stone supports are only available by putting a ton of time, effort, and resources into winning an entire PVP season, as a reward that you can't even use in PVP (but not arguing that as I'd never want to see enemy supports in PVP).
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd rather they just upgrade whenever you pull another of the same, there's no need to make it more complicated than that. We've had some availability of regular support draws reinstated with the spicy vault, though you could probably replace one of the higher pve progression ISO dumps for a support token of some quality just to bolster the supply.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd rather they just upgrade whenever you pull another of the same, there's no need to make it more complicated than that. We've had some availability of regular support draws reinstated with the spicy vault, though you could probably replace one of the higher pve progression ISO dumps for a support token of some quality just to bolster the supply.
    They could do it the same way they do saved covers , 3 to 5 saved identical supports raises the support 1 level 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    The problem with that is we can only obtain better Supports by drawing them from tokens. No doubt most of us can max out whatever Supports we do have if we can be bothered but how do we get the higher level ones when there are not many ways to get Support tokens themself? I doubt the Devs will be too keen on having Shards replace red iso as a levelling mechanic and any such addition would almsot certainly involve a trade-off in rewards. I like Supports but I would not want to trade other shards for Support shards simply because Supports only apply to half the game.
    It's hard to imagine what you could even trade away from the thin as a bone support ecosystem already, so it would surely come at the expense of some other thing people are using...
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    It's hard to imagine what you could even trade away from the thin as a bone support ecosystem already, so it would surely come at the expense of some other thing people are using...
    Absolutely this.  The only rewards I would ever consider trading for support tokens would be riso.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Theghouse said:
    I think the devs regret supports, but players have invested time and resources in acquiring them so they can't simply nix them altogether.

It's evident in the facts that the second wave of supports are all neutered down with only 3 abilities instead of 5, they haven't made a new support in a long time, they did not continue with the support circuit event after testing it, and they haven't increased ways to earn supports aside from a few milestones and including 1 standard support token in the spicy taco vault.

And the ultra powered infinity stone supports are only available by putting a ton of time, effort, and resources into winning an entire PVP season, as a reward that you can't even use in PVP (but not arguing that as I'd never want to see enemy supports in PVP).

Another great example is in the official helpshift article on supports: https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=gameplay-tips&f=what-are-supports  

"What’s Coming Next For Supports?
    Supports only work in Story missions right now, so that you have a chance to collect and explore them, and we have a chance to respond to your feedback, before we add them to Versus events."  

This line made me invest in supports back in the day thinking I would NEED them. I am sure they will be added to Versus any day now....