Who is greg?

Options
ok i know, the title itself it's a little clickbait. I  sure want to know who greg is, burt mostly:

Deck ok
Few cards, but I'm a newbie so it's okay.
Crystals, they're there and some gems too.
All good.

Coalitions.
What the hell?
What tool are they? What utility do they provide? How do I get into a coalition that isn't painful, assuming it makes sense.

P.S.  (Greg question zone below)
Greg, I hear him mentioned everywhere, greg here, greg there, greg did this, greg said.
Is greg a synonym for bot player or am I wrong?

Comments

• Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Joining a Coalition gives you access to coalition events, which are big multi-day events run on weekends. There are coalition-level prizes that the members of that coalition score based on the coalition’s total performance on the event, in addition to the standard individual prizes you are used to. Other than that, you have some chat, and the ability to share decks (you can view your coalitionmate’s profiles and favorite decks). It’s pretty basic, but there’s not really a reason not to join one.

There are coalitions of all types, from the super-competitive to the more low-key to the dead ones with one guy or no active participants. There aren’t really any tools to help you choose the right coalition except those in the coalition section on these boards.

You are right about Greg. That’s the name given to the standard AI in the game that you play against. There’s a more difficult AI that isn’t used in-game today (as far as I know) and was granted a separate name that I forget, and some easier versions (like the one in Planechasing Fblthp) that aren’t separately named. Maybe someone has more history on where the name Greg came from, etc?

Link to coalition forum: https://forums.d3go.com/categories/mtgpq-coalitions

as Always, we are happy to answer your questions, but in case you want to explore some of the guides available on you own, here is a link to the Tips and Guides forum: https://forums.d3go.com/categories/mtgpq-tips-guides
  • Rant_Ent
    Rant_Ent Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    Thank u very much, i'm just hanging around in the forum and reading now bout coalitions, if i met the request standards and skills.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I believe Manu is the name of the elite AI
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Greg is puzzle quests Dad
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Greg is watching you from your phone's selfie camera....