Who shall be no. 100?

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
So the Milestone of having 100 champed 4* is nigh (and collecting a fast 535 5* shards) but who deserves the honour of being the chosen one? I have to be honest - the choice is a motley bunch of benchwarming D-listers who wouldn't make the roster of the Great Lakes Avengers but it is what it is. I have put the option of champing two good 4s moving forward but I am going to champ them anyway so when it happens is probably moot. So, yes, who is the best of these absolutely worst characters?!?!? Lend me your ear, Forumites of the Marvel Puzzle Quest zone and let us take one of these losers to glory!

Who shall be no. 100? 48 votes

Elsa Bloodstone
10%
ThanosKolenceMichael1957BadTheDaniel 5 votes
Talos
8%
Captain_CarlmanpezsepurplemurYepyep 4 votes
Negasonic
16%
IridiousturbomooseTheghousePiMacleodfurbear00000MegaBeefractalvisionsPickledToenail 8 votes
Mysterio
0%
Spider-Ham
12%
MoosePrimeThe Viceroy ReturnsdudethtsawesomeHoundofShadowRosrafBeefhammer69 6 votes
Wait for Scorpion
31%
buddy2034frachrLoosiewingXjreddInarius[Deleted User]ikulBigSoftieFFhelix72Ares76First311jp1658_2lvsmr2 15 votes
Wait for Throg
18%
JangoLoreChipster22JarvindKjempenSt_Bernadusdjperry1973SithforeverNMANOZ1Manafee 9 votes
Dude, no, just no
2%
SnowcaTT 1 vote

Comments

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Elsa Bloodstone
    Why is Elsa in that company? Or even Negasonic? Both play very very well with several 5-stars. And on their own, I'd imagine, but they're way too low level being new to say for sure.
    You could wait for the Scorpion or the Frog (just be mindful if they're ever together on the team...), but Elsa is quite deserving of the honors, imo. :)
  • DAZ0273
    I guess not having played with either at much of a high level, they haven't really shone.  Nega is obviously nice in a charge tile team but my Storm has not had too much put into her so far but I did level her up into the 300s together with Black Bolt so might give them a whirl. I really haven't had any cause to use Elsa - even when featured recently she has just on the team - there were no invisible or airbourne characters to kill. Also she is such a hideously bad English stereotype that she sort's gets on my nerves.
  • DAZ0273
    BTW - these are all legitimately the only candidates. Everybody else is champed bar Worthy Cap who was sold and re-rostered. Yes. Even Northstar!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spider-Ham
    I'm waiting to team BRB, Polaris and Spider-Ham equipped with Peni Support in SCL 10 PvE.  You have a 75% chance of stunning a random opponent when they matched your special tiles, regardless of what rank your Peni Support is. 

So, my vote goes to it.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Talos
    I am right there with you on debating who my 100 should be, I have a different pile of stink to choose from (Northstar,SSkrull,AntiV) 
    but you have the grand stunkmaster hisself! 
    Talos
    Peee-yew! You could set him in the sunshine for a donkeys age and not get the odor out, he is like that skunky He-man doll mixed with a Bertie Botts fart bean. He was released too soon- he is so 2020. If ever a dud there was the spymaster is one because, because because of the janky things he does. 
    You might use and actually enjoy every other choice on your list. But for pure symbolic gesture: nothing is more representative than the absolute worst. 

probably better to wait for zip zap zop.....
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Spider-Ham
    Spider-Ham, no question.  -Unless you will need the ISO (which I doubt) for Scorpion.

Spider-Ham can actually fill a niche role in PVE. 

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Wait for Scorpion
    Scorpion is a beast paired with either Thorkoye or Thorpocalpse, plus gives you a Purple outlet, and feeds a decent 5*. In a vacuum Beta Ray is a better 5*, so if you are just short of champing him go for Kermit the Frgod instead. The others you won’t use unless they are featured (not likely for a while) or you’re just messing around.
  • DAZ0273
    Well I beat today's Crash with Talos first time. Lvl 135 I think - now I am confused, is he good or is 5* Cap Marvel just that bad?!?!!
  • DAZ0273
    Rosraf said:
    Spider-Ham, no question.  -Unless you will need the ISO (which I doubt) for Scorpion.

Spider-Ham can actually fill a niche role in PVE. 

I have the iso for both but I did have a slight bias towards Ham, not least as he would be all the limited champed...but is he the worst limited or the second worst limited?!?! Or other?!?!!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Elsa Bloodstone
    I am influenced by apocalypse so I champed elsa and I would champ her another time,  even if she has a power pretty useless.
    But her others are so good...
    Scorpion is really good and throg is tricky. It depends on your roster and your best team. 
    But for me nothing is better than providing yellow. 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2021
    Scorpion and Throg seem like they have the most utility over the rest of them.

It does depend on your roster, and what you play, but scorpion is a great pve guy, and if you're playing the strike tile game with kitty (or anyone who boosts em), then he's a no brainer.

Spider-ham is a big waste of nah. Elsa has her uses i guess but I've never seen them. Negasonic might be good with ladythor, but i think there's better charge tile creators out there (TAhulk, Coulson, etc)
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Negasonic
    Bad said:
    I am influenced by apocalypse so I champed elsa and I would champ her another time,  even if she has a power pretty useless.
    But her others are so good...
    Scorpion is really good and throg is tricky. It depends on your roster and your best team. 
    But for me nothing is better than providing yellow. 
    I was always a fan of C&D as a battery for Apoc.  Because C&D starts on a black battery, if you can get your yellow on a good board without any help, you should also have all the black AP you need to end the fight very quickly.  If not, hunt a purple match then flip them to yellow battery.

Elsa makes yellow sooner but by swapping for black.  Once I have Apoc's repeaters out, I want black to be my fight ending nuke.  I haven't champed her yet though, do you really think she's better than C&D for this purpose?
  • DAZ0273
    My roster is waiting to go to 5* land with Apocalypse, Kitty, BRB, Prof X(33 shards away) , Jessica Jones, Cable - I am basically waiting to unhoard to do that but am eyeing up some of the new 5s with YJ looking promising. I then have a bunch of other 5s with 10 -11 covers including Iceman, Thanos, Okoye, Thor, Strange and BB who could be levelled up as support for my young champs when they go. I am already in champed 5* MMR and it is mostly fine normally with teams of only single champed 5s who I can tend to beat. My roster is capped below 400. I will get the occasional hit from a full on 5* player but seem just under the radar otherwise, so PvP is OK. My long term plan is to then focus on my iHulk unless somebody else comes along.

So yeah, having another champed 4 won't make a huge dent but as it is no.100 I wanna do it right! I then have to decide what to do with all those juicy shards I will be getting for hitting the milestone.
  • Bad
    Elsa Bloodstone
    Theghouse said:

Elsa makes yellow sooner but by swapping for black.  Once I have Apoc's repeaters out, I want black to be my fight ending nuke.  I haven't champed her yet though, do you really think she's better than C&D for this purpose?
    They are quite similar but elsa makes it fast because C&D needs purple to change her and providing yellow. 
    Also when you have the yellow power, elsa can fire her purple to change green to black, being then buffed traps and opening cascades. Match them quick or elsa could change them to yellow!
    And finally her shotgun is pretty good too.

• Bad
    Elsa Bloodstone
    DAZ0273 said:. My long term plan is to then focus on my iHulk unless somebody else comes along.

So yeah, having another champed 4 won't make a huge dent but as it is no.100 I wanna do it right! I then have to decide what to do with all those juicy shards I will be getting for hitting the milestone.
    As okoye is now, she needs to be at least l 480 for playing optimally Ihulk. My suggestion is to focus on britty,  if devs are not rebalancing okoye.  Then scorpion would be the best option.  
    Even if you go for okoye. 
  • DAZ0273
    Bad said:
    DAZ0273 said:. My long term plan is to then focus on my iHulk unless somebody else comes along.

As okoye is now, she needs to be at least l 480 for playing optimally Ihulk. My suggestion is to focus on britty,  if devs are not rebalancing okoye.  Then scorpion would be the best option.  
    Even if you go for okoye. 
    OK, that is good to know, thank you. My iHulk is only 1/2/2 so it would be a long term project, so maybe Okoye is the better option.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Negasonic
    Bad said:
    Theghouse said:

They are quite similar but elsa makes it fast because C&D needs purple to change her and providing yellow. 
    Also when you have the yellow power, elsa can fire her purple to change green to black, being then buffed traps and opening cascades. Match them quick or elsa could change them to yellow!
    And finally her shotgun is pretty good too.

I have Elsa at 13 covers so I could make her my next champ when I get the iso.  With Apoc being my main solo 5* champ, do you think she is a faster/better pairing with Apoc than Polaris for pick 2, or no?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're not chasing a feeder, just champ Ham for completionist sake and then whoever has the most saved covers. but I actually really like Scorpion and Throg as characters. I'm starting to get backed up on champable 5*s, so I still need to champ Elsa, Gaurdian, and Scorpion (4/4/4, 265 shards) along with Throg who is 2/3/3. So i don't really have an opinion on how they play, save that THrog SLAYS against a polaris team, and his blue will dodge iHulk's rebirth self harm.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    Negasonic
    DAZ0273 said:
    Well I beat today's Crash with Talos first time. Lvl 135 I think - now I am confused, is he good or is 5* Cap Marvel just that bad?!?!!
    to be fair, the Marvel they put us against is a very underleveled AND undercovered version.

But it's still a 5* doing THAT level of match damage, so I guess it balances out..?

If you're aiming for the enemy team's strongest color, Talos' can do pretty good match damage.  But that said, if that color is useless on your team, then what the heck are you doing?!  I was doing around 1500 to 1700 match damage near the end of the match, but I was also aiming for red tiles, and blue as secondary to stun her.  Continued to hit reds, then blues, then purple/blacks, and THOSE matches are where the damage kicked in.

He's STILL horrible.  Too much setting up with a potentially useless color just to get value from what seems to be "his purpose".

EDIT:  Oh right, choosing someone....  Um, I'd go with Negasonic.  Do you know how fun that is with 5* Storm's black?  Add in Throg for extra fun too.  I could see the value in Spider-Ham though.... being a Limited, we'll actually see him more times per year than the others.  :tongue:
  • Bad
    edited January 2021
    Elsa Bloodstone
    Theghouse said:
    I have Elsa at 13 covers so I could make her my next champ when I get the iso.  With Apoc being my main solo 5* champ, do you think she is a faster/better pairing with Apoc than Polaris for pick 2, or no?
    Polaris is better suited for BRB. Elsa is not good on pvp defense, because she could fire her red instead of apocalypse. 
    Elsa is better for pve, and if you have her power at 3 you could play with her without champing.
    For pick 2 apocalypse her partner could be karnak,  chavez, scorpion. Polaris can be too but there is not much sinergy.
    The best 4* for apoc is red guardian