4* Mysterio (Illusionist)

Options
Kelvinkhr
Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
Thought I'd try to make a different version of Mysterio since the current one is slightly underwhelming. Hopefully, this does the character some justice.

Mysterio (Illusionist)

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)

Health: Moderate
Damage: Low 

Smoke and Mirrors - 11  AP

When Mysterio’s involved, nothing is ever as it seems. Places a 2-turn Countdown tile on the board. When an enemy fires a power while the tile is on the board, negates the power and removes the tile. If the tile expires, restore 300 health to Mysterio’s team.

Level 2 - Places a 3-turn Countdown tile that negates enemy powers.

Level 3 - Places two 3-turn Countdown tiles that negates enemy powers. Tiles restore 600 health to Mysterio’s team when expired.

Level 4 - Places two 4-turn Countdown tiles that negates enemy powers. 

Level 5 - Places three 4-turn Countdown tiles that negates enemy powers. Tiles restore 900 health to Mysterio’s team when expired.

Stage Play - 10  AP

All the world’s a stage...and Mysterio is the grandmaster of the whole show. Places a 3-turn repeater tile on the board that shuffles the board and converts tiles in the enemy’s strongest colour to the team’s strongest colour.

Level 2 - Restores 100 health for each tile converted. 

Level 3 - Places a 2-turn repeater tile on the board. Restores 150 health for each tile converted.

Level 4 - Also converts any enemy strike and attack tiles to basic tiles. Restores 200 health for each tile converted.

Level 5 - Also converts any enemy protect tiles to basic tiles. Restores 250 health for each tile converted.

Spectacle - 11  AP

Mysterio puts on a show that is guaranteed to leave the audience in awe. Stuns all enemies for one round. 

(Passive) Behind the scenes of his show, Mysterio is up to no good. When Mysterio and his allies restore health, enemies take damage equal to 20% of the amount healed.

Level 2 - When Mysterio and his allies restore health, enemies take damage equal to 30% of the amount healed.

Level 3 - Stuns all enemies for two rounds.

Level 4 - When Mysterio and his allies restore health, enemies take damage equal to 40% of the amount healed.

Level 5 - When Mysterio and his allies restore health, enemies take damage equal to 50% of the amount healed.

Comments

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have to agree that Mysterio is underwhelming, but to be fair, that's because he is difficult to work with. He needs a perfect team in order to work well. With the right support (i.e. tile manipulation), he is an absolute beast. He may pair well with Elsa Bloodstone, but that is only speculation as I have not put in the effort to champion her. (I'm not a fan.)

For your concept, everything made sense when I read his Blue passive. I like his move set. Purple is a bit powerful with the re-shuffling of the entire board and conversion of enemy tiles, but that can be easily adjusted in many ways.

As is, I would run him at 3/5/5. If Purple were tweaked, I'd run him at 4/4/5. He would partner well with Medusa and Anti-Venom considering the wording on his Blue passive power.
  • Kelvinkhr
    Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Akoni said:
    I have to agree that Mysterio is underwhelming, but to be fair, that's because he is difficult to work with. He needs a perfect team in order to work well. With the right support (i.e. tile manipulation), he is an absolute beast. He may pair well with Elsa Bloodstone, but that is only speculation as I have not put in the effort to champion her. (I'm not a fan.)

For your concept, everything made sense when I read his Blue passive. I like his move set. Purple is a bit powerful with the re-shuffling of the entire board and conversion of enemy tiles, but that can be easily adjusted in many ways.

As is, I would run him at 3/5/5. If Purple were tweaked, I'd run him at 4/4/5. He would partner well with Medusa and Anti-Venom considering the wording on his Blue passive power.
    Thank you for the feedback!

Yeah, Mysterio, as is, is pretty situational. I haven't really found a team where he really stands out, which is a shame.

Glad you like this idea. Admittedly, the reshuffling of the board is probably going overboard (hehe) so that could be removed. The idea is that his illusions cause the enemy to see things and shift everything in terms of perspective. 

But yeah, his main niche will be healing, something we don't really see enough of, in my opinion.

All in all, thank you for the review!