Was The Hunt:Florida extended overnight?

Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
I swear I went to bed last night with the timer for The Hunt:Florida showing something like “6 hours left”, then I check to see what the new Hunt missions were this morning and see the timer now gives us another full day. Did I miss it, or did they really extend the end time late - like AFTER I finished as many missions and replays as I can...?

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 2nd sub is 48 hours. You must have misread the timer.
    KGB
  • Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    I have been playing just over 3 weeks - this would be the first mission which lasted more than 24 hours.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been playing just over 3 weeks - this would be the first mission which lasted more than 24 hours.
    Some events have subs that are 48 hours instead of 24.
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    And some events even start with a 48 hour sub. DeadPool vs MPQ has 2 subs, both of which are 48 hours each.

-JaGo
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Also, after you have played the game for awhile these 48 hour subs will sneak up on you and you will just play then like 24 hour subs before you realize they are 48hr causing you to drop several spots in the leaderboard.  :'(:p
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhipf said:
    Also, after you have played the game for awhile these 48 hour subs will sneak up on you and you will just play then like 24 hour subs before you realize they are 48hr causing you to drop several spots in the leaderboard.  :'(:p
    Usually one of the "Worst MPQ moments of the Day" posts shows up with this happening as well.  I'm just glad that this time, I noticed it was a 48 hour sub before doing my 24-hour timed clear...  :)
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I always check the finishing time . If it’s 4 days in a 3 node event I know one is 48 hours . I even specifically asked someone in this forum which node would be 48 hours as it was the first I had ever seen this PvE last 4 days
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I swear I went to bed last night with the timer for The Hunt:Florida showing something like “6 hours left”, then I check to see what the new Hunt missions were this morning and see the timer now gives us another full day. Did I miss it, or did they really extend the end time late - like AFTER I finished as many missions and replays as I can...?
    Just so you know these events will be either 3 or 4 days long. (There were 7 day events as well but they haven't run in over a year)

3 days events are general 3 one day sub. 4 day events are mixes of 4 one day subs, 2 one day sub and a 2 day sub, or 2 2 days subs (this is only ever Deadpool vs. MPQ)

Some stories will have both 3 and 4 day version these are either a normal 3 day event that has one of it's subs as a 2 day event, or a normal 4 day event that is played with one less sub to run as a 3 day event.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Are the progression point reward levels the same for 3 and 4 day versions of the same event? I.e. is the max progression in the hunt always 59k regardless of whether Florida is 24 or 48 hours?

I was wondering this yesterday as I was doing my Florida clears. Hopefully one of you kind forumites knows the answer so I don't have to rely on the forums search functionality.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    I try to make it a habit to look at the timing before doing my clears. It can be found at the main sub story event page or the top right hand corner of the sub event page. 

The only time I overcleared was when I was doing two things concurrently.  :/
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    Are the progression point reward levels the same for 3 and 4 day versions of the same event? I.e. is the max progression in the hunt always 59k regardless of whether Florida is 24 or 48 hours?

Yes. It's always 5 clears done whenever you want (ie no need to wait for refresh before doing 5th clear).
    KGB
  • peanut_gallery
    peanut_gallery Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    For PvE's that have the variable 48 hour sub (there's likely a list somewhere), here's what to remember:

1) If it starts on a Sunday, then it will always have the 48 hour sub
    2) If it starts on a Monday, then it will always have the 24 hour sub
    3) If it starts on Thursday, then you always need to check the end day (Sunday or Monday), because it could be 3 day, thus a 24 hour sub, or 4 day, thus a 48 hour sub.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Details for all PVE Events can be found here.
    It is updated as each event is announced as being "next".

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19iWb3XtfSfkryP6ABjGDMiF73YJEEUSNY8-5R_Ye5YE

All thanks go to @DonkeyTeeth for all the effort

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19iWb3XtfSfkryP6ABjGDMiF73YJEEUSNY8-5R_Ye5YE

While a great resource, please keep in mind that many 4 day events have 3 day variants where a normal 48 hour sub is 24 hours instead of 48.  Just get into the habit of looking at the timers at the start of every sub.

Deadpool Versus, however, is aways 2 x 48h.  
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    pheregas said:

While a great resource, please keep in mind that many 4 day events have 3 day variants where a normal 48 hour sub is 24 hours instead of 48.  Just get into the habit of looking at the timers at the start of every sub.

Wasn't there a 3 day version of Deadpool vs. MPQ?  Or has that one been retired?  (the second sub was 24 hours)
  • pheregas
    pheregas said:

Wasn't there a 3 day version of Deadpool vs. MPQ?  Or has that one been retired?  (the second sub was 24 hours)
    I've been around since almost the beginning and I never remember a 3 day variant.  But never is a strong word so I guess it is possible. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2021
    pheregas said:
    pheregas said:

I've been around since almost the beginning and I never remember a 3 day variant.  But never is a strong word so I guess it is possible. 
    In October 2014, https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/17531/deadpool-vs-mpq-oct-10-12 described it as:
    Event Format:
    Sub-Events? Yes
    Length of Sub-Events: 36 and 24 hours
    I guess that predated the normalization of subs to 24/48 hours.
    Edit: Did some more digging, and it seems likely that after the normalization, Deadpool vs. MPQ was only run as 2 48-hour subs.
  • pheregas
    pheregas said:
    pheregas said:

In October 2014, https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/17531/deadpool-vs-mpq-oct-10-12 described it as:
    Event Format:
    Sub-Events? Yes
    Length of Sub-Events: 36 and 24 hours
    I guess that predated the normalization of subs to 24/48 hours.
    Edit: Did some more digging, and it seems likely that after the normalization, Deadpool vs. MPQ was only run as 2 48-hour subs.
    I don't feel bad at all about not remember something from over 6 years ago. :)