I got the crystal, GREAT!!!! Ok, so?

Over the past few weeks I've been getting some crystals, now I may purchase a booster pack.
Which format is best?
Which expansion?

I add a personal consideration, does it make sense to aim for mythic cards right away? these raise a lot of mastery, leading to a rapid transition to higher tier, is it worth?

P.S.
I like teferi, but it's slow, is there any common or not common card to speed it up?
In the hydra event with teferi i lost with ignominy, with garruk i dominated, could i also with blue and white pw?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Comments

• Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Hey- good to see you have stuck around a bit after your initial feedback from the game.

i would, and always will, advise newer players that planeswalkers are the sensible purchase with crystals as packs will come from regular gameplay. And cards can be targeted, to a certain degree, with mana orbs (in crafting) or jewels in elite packs.

in regards to mastery. Higher tiers give higher rewards but the PVP matches (particularly in legacy) can be tougher and your win rate might suffer- to begin with. (PVE- the fights are the same regardless of tier anyway) After a while you will catch up and have the cool toys to play with. 
    (For me staying at a lower mastery tier may seem productive BUT every.single.event you lose the opportunity to gain the same rewards as a higher tier player so when you eventually join the higher tier the players you face may well have had better rewards than you for a while)

However-
    With standard rotation being a thing now- every year a block of cards that are useable in all events at the time shift into legacy. This allows newer players to eventually be on a level playing field of card availability for standard events.