Simulator Final Reward Request

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
Just throwing this out there.

We are behind on the featured character.  In order to catch up and have a newer 4* at the top, it might behoove y'all to skip an older newer character in preference to the newest one.

I mean, Red Guardian has been featured a couple of times now post release.  If you've played CL8, 9, or 10, you have probably had him well champed by now.

In that situation, wouldn't it be better to then feature the newer character that hasn't been featured at all (*cough* Scorpion *cough)?

Or better yet?  Abandon the top 4* as a cover and replace it with shards.  Shards for whomever you have shargeted (like the milestones.)

Feel free to discuss pros and cons.  I know things are unlikely to change, but it's worth talking about.

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    For reference - I have played CL 10 all PvEs since his release with full progression and no I do not have him champed I may have somewhere between 6-9 covers for him?  I do not play PvP regularly though.  I don't think the vast majority of players play both PvP and PvE to their full extent. I am just now going to champ Elsa with this most recent PvE event as a full progression PvE CL 10 player to give you perspective.  

I also don't use shards on new release characters and I play all of the extra events provided by PvE (holiday, new release, etc.)  
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa said:
    For reference - I have played CL 10 all PvEs since his release with full progression and no I do not have him champed I may have somewhere between 6-9 covers for him?  I do not play PvP regularly though.  I don't think the vast majority of players play both PvP and PvE to their full extent. I am just now going to champ Elsa with this most recent PvE event as a full progression PvE CL 10 player to give you perspective.  

I also don't use shards on new release characters and I play all of the extra events provided by PvE (holiday, new release, etc.)  
    I think the PVP is how you fell short.  There's another two covers by getting up to 1k, just in the initial release.  Combine that with PVE initial release rewards, shield training, and intro to, that's a relatively easy 9 covers.  The next PVE rotation is usually enough to get the remaining covers to champ.

I haven't had to sharget a new 4* in months.  
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I don’t have him champed either but he will be in 36 hours . I could shard it but it will arrive passively by placement. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    Think of new players who haven't gotten him. They can grind for his cover before the pve after Operation Spider Silk. These players will be able to hit top 10 in SCL 5/6, if they play competitively.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    Im in the same boat as @Warbringa

Mine is short 2 covers.  It sounds like I have the same play-style as @Warbringa as well.

But, I'm not worried... these current event should do the trick.

That said, yes, Scorpion needs some love.  I, also, haven't targeted Red Guardian or anyone "new" since Polaris (....and only because she's Polaris did I target her!).
  • lilshir
    lilshir Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    It's true that we are behind on the 4* featured in Sim. However, Red Guardian has been only been essential twice in PVE so far (next event will be third) so... I don't know about skipping him.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've targeted him since he was available to target (my Polaris is already 305) because I want the Yelena cover for my 4/5/1 Yelena (+ 1 shard cover) so I'll be just 1 more away from finishing her.
    I'm up to 22 covers now in total and will hit 23 (the number needed to get him instantly to 280) during Spider Silk.
    KGB