Operation Spider Silk node times

SaltnPeppa
SaltnPeppa Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
I just did the Spider Silk event but when I finished hitting a node until it shows it's recharging, anticipating it's the same as the other events, it's now at 1 day and 23 hours instead of the usual 24 hour timer until it hits full points.

What gives?   Is there something different with this event?

Comments

• Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2021
    I would assume that that just means that the first sub is a 48 hour sub instead of a 24 hour sub.
    If you are new to the game then you may not have experienced a 48 hour sub but they show up in several events.

P.S. Wait for the nodes to fully recharge (i.e. 24 hours) and then hit each node one time then do another 3 clears per node on the final day.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a visual bug. Close MPQ and restart it. It should fix the problem. 
  • SaltnPeppa
    OJSP said:
    The first sub is 24 hours, not 48 hours.

Is the timer showing 1 day 23 hours for all the nodes or just one? How many times have you cleared the node (s)? We could check this for most nodes by looking at the number of rewards we've earned from the node(s).

Sometimes, it's possible to do an extra clear by accident, or if there's a bug with the node and they counted the clear as 2 matches.
    I didn't count how many times I cleared each node.   I think I hit it 4 times.   I normally wait until it shows "  # Points until full".   If I don't see that or any timer, I keep going.
  • SaltnPeppa
    edited January 2021
    It's a visual bug. Close MPQ and restart it. It should fix the problem. 
    I did that several times yet  it still shows nearly 1 day + hours left until full.   
  • SaltnPeppa
    OJSP said:
    I didn't count how many times I cleared each node.   I think I hit it 4 times.   I normally wait until it shows "  # Points until full".   If I don't see that or any timer, I keep going.
    I see. I think that's another bug that sometimes happen too. But, apparently there's a bug with the latest update with the timer display. I can't see the timer in all of the nodes, but the nodes are increasing in points. Maybe if I clear the nodes once more, I'll see the timers like you did.
    I did notice the points weirdly decreased but the timer didn't show, so I hit again.   Then that's when I noticed that the timer was showing 1 day + hours instead of only 23 hours.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    My event showed a 3 day event only , first time showing up. Being it’s end time is 72 hours that makes sense . My node 1 is currently on 24 hour countdown. I presume day 2 will be deleted from the 4 day version. 
  • SaltnPeppa
    OJSP said:
    I did notice the points weirdly decreased but the timer didn't show, so I hit again.   Then that's when I noticed that the timer was showing 1 day + hours instead of only 23 hours.
    I see. Then, yes. You've over cleared the node once due to the timer visual bug.
    Ok so the timer was late on appearing then.  Thanks
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    I'm playing slice 3 SCL8 on this. Is it just me or did this flip way sooner than usual? From what I understand it already flipped before the event started. In my experience that doesn't happen a lot.
  • SaltnPeppa
    Dogface said:
    I'm playing slice 3 SCL8 on this. Is it just me or did this flip way sooner than usual? From what I understand it already flipped before the event started. In my experience that doesn't happen a lot.
    I think there's a bug with the event
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    There´s also a weird issue of the timer disappearing even when it´s not yet at full points.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    I just ran this event and can confirm that there is a rather major bug if you are paying attention and not just running on muscle memory. After 4 clears of a node the timer will not show up but the points will have decreased. I noticed there wasn't a timer bar when I finished the Elsa node so did a 5th clear. After this 5th clear the timer bar showed up but was almost empty instead of nearly full so for the next node I was careful and at that point noticed the point decrease so for the rest of the nodes I only did 4 clears even though there were no timer bars showing up. This will probably cost me a placement or two but since it is only the first sub it hopefully won't be too bad.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2021
    Slice 4 looks normal. All 4 clears done and they are showing 23 h XX m countdown.

It seems like it's not related to specific slice or node. Could it be due to specific platform or device? Android player here.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    It´s probably only on Steam accounts, the latest update has not hit iOs and Android yet I think.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    iOS got the update this morning 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2021
    Android update is already available.

Edit: I caught the bug too, after updating the game.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Bug also in iOS since update. Playing CL10, after 3 clears the points are reduced but no timer shows. Only affer the first overclear it appears.

Restarting the app does NOT fix the missing timer.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    This was also an issue last night on final clears of Unstable Iso-8.  No node timers showing prior to the first grind clear.  
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Android - only the 3e and 1st easy node now have timers.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    From what I've heard from others on LINE, the bug doesn't affect CL10.  Anyone under, the timers don't appear.  Just pay special attention to the number of clears.  4 for regular, 2 for wave.  Then wait the normal time to clear out.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    the timers are working fine, they start as soon as you finish the required number of clears (3 for CL10 and 4 for CL9 and below)
    is the display of the timer that is bugged out and it doesn't matter what clearance level you're playing.
    Yesterday one of the devs confirmed it and were working on a fix, dunno if it was shipped today with a data push or something, I have to wait till I do my grind since yesterday UISO nodes we're working fine thru the day and they bugged out again in the last hour of the event.