Is the Forum bugged?

2»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    Also had this problem started 1/1/21 I figured it was that Y21K everyone was worried about 
    lol; I miss Y2K hysteria. I was selling auto parts at that time, and we got this flashlight set, like 3 different sizes of flashlight with batteries, in with a sticker on it that said "Be Ready for Y2K!"  I really wish I'd bought one and left it in the package.

About 7-8 years ago when i was at a now-defunct game studio here in Orlando, I was rummaging in a supply closet and found a Y2K LED countdown clock that I re-purposed to be a Milestone clock. The funny part was that the clock itself was not Y2K compliant, and you could only get 8,9,0 out of the tens position on the clock. Wish I'd kept that too...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Forum appears to have mutated much like the virus. Happy 2021!
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,760 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also had this problem started 1/1/21 I figured it was that Y21K everyone was worried about 
    lol; I miss Y2K hysteria. I was selling auto parts at that time, and we got this flashlight set, like 3 different sizes of flashlight with batteries, in with a sticker on it that said "Be Ready for Y2K!"  I really wish I'd bought one and left it in the package.

About 7-8 years ago when i was at a now-defunct game studio here in Orlando, I was rummaging in a supply closet and found a Y2K LED countdown clock that I re-purposed to be a Milestone clock. The funny part was that the clock itself was not Y2K compliant, and you could only get 8,9,0 out of the tens position on the clock. Wish I'd kept that too...
    My first real job was reprogramming software so that they included 4 digits instead of 2 for year data fields, so the Y2K hysteria wasn't all bad ;)
    In the meantime, this giant Bandai-Namco logo at the bottom still prevents me from posting in long threads.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alfje17 said:

My first real job was reprogramming software so that they included 4 digits instead of 2 for year data fields, so the Y2K hysteria wasn't all bad ;)
    In the meantime, this giant Bandai-Namco logo at the bottom still prevents me from posting in long threads.

If you right click-inspect, then just hit "delete" it goes away. At least in desktop chrome.

back in '12, I was working for a different software shop and we were developing an early Azure application. The entire Azure service went down on leap day because whoever did it didn't account for February 29th existing, so at least that variation on a Y2K problem was pretty real. But a package of flashlights was still pretty comical to me. People really thought airplanes were going to fall out of the sky back then.
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    I'm having a similar issue on my Android phone using chrome browser
    Update: now it seems to be back to normal. I didn't do anything different on my end but when I opened up my browser it was back to normal
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Running well on iOS again , appreciated.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks - is back to normal on my PC!