Issue with Defenders Holiday Quest?

jtmagee
jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
So since it is the holidays and all, I didn't play much these pst few days. But there is a "Defenders" quest where if you play 3 matches with Defenders, you will get Luke Cage shards. So I have played at least 10 matches with Defenders and it is still saying I have only played 1. Anyone else having issues with this?

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    There's a bug. The workaround is to complete and claim a reward in the Daily Quest. After this, the game will start counting. If you encounter similar counting bug for other similar quests, do the above and it should work.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Unfortunately the work around doesn't always work. I have claimed several daily quests since this one has gone live and still have yet to get the Defender quest to tick forward.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did you do something else in between claiming the reward and playing the quest ? What I did was to claim the reward and then do the quest immediately.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    It seems like you need to use just the right Defender in just the right event for the quest to tick over. I finally got it to tick by going into the first node of VB Times Square. I used Luke Cage (Hero for Hire) and immediately resigned the fight (I had already done my normal first runs of this event sub) and the quest finally ticked over. Once that happened I made sure to do the same thing 2 more times to finish off the quest.

P.S. I guess the game decided to feel sorry for me since I was able to finish the Dark Avengers quest after just one fight instead of the usual 3.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    What I've been doing is in 12 days, enter the event, make a match, and exit.  I had a hard time getting out to count even with the workaround, but so far the last few days entering and exiting seem to be working.  
  • lilshir
    lilshir Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Still haven't been able to complete the defenders one despite trying all the work arounds like completing daily quest, entering and retreating, etc. And I haven't got the new missions, like sinister six that I see people got yesterday.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I managed to make one of them show up when playing PVP, so that might do the trick.
    But then again it could have been something situational, but worth a shot.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2020
    Im having said problem with the Sinister Six. I've tried using Vulture and 3*Doc Ock on PvP, then Carnage, Kraven and Sandman on PvE and neither counted. Only thing that counted was the 12 Days of Marvel mission itself.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Jacklag said:
    Im having said problem with the Sinister Six. I've tried using Vulture and 3*Doc Ock on PvP, then Carnage, Kraven and Sandman on PvE and neither counted. Only thing that counted was the 12 Days of Marvel quest itself.
    Doing the Champions mission solved it.
  • nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    This glitch is putting the puzzle back in Puzzle Quest.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Phew, finally managed to complete it via the 12 days of Marvel missions.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Rhipf said:
    Unfortunately the work around doesn't always work. I have claimed several daily quests since this one has gone live and still have yet to get the Defender quest to tick forward.
    That's the issue I'm currently having with the Champions one. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow and the new PVE, I find that works sometimes too. Completing it via a new event.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Now that it's over, lightning rounds were the trick to finishing all of the "Play 3 matches with <affiliation> on your team".
    1. Start a lightning round
    2. Choose a team consisting of the loaner, a member of the affiliation, and a 1-star garbage character
    3. Start the match
    4. Immediately retreat.
    5. Repeat twice
    6. Back out and claim the milestone
    7. Repeat with the next affiliation
    I got 5 or 6 of the milestones yesterday in a few minutes.