CotT: Up Your... sorry, North vs. Thanos

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Well, as he is a bit flimsy in my opinion, I gave Northstar plenty of boosts and went to war against the grim Thanos. But I did not have to worry, Thanos was whittled down and I had nearly all health left at the end. LT was a Magik champ level.

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Northstar is level 147 and 5/5/3. I can only assume I leveled him up for a previous Crash, but I don't remember it. I think he has some fun abilities, but his numbers are just too low to warrant inclusion on many teams. I do like his "zoom across the screen and destroy the target row" animation. 

Anyway, I let him bring Chewie along, figuring it could work against me if I got too many attack tiles out, making it an interesting risk/reward situation. It ended up working to my favor, as poor Thanos only managed to cast one power, and it was the board destroying one (while I was invisible). I wore him down and came out of there with only a few scrapes and bruises. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Northstar is literally the 2020 Talos but he wins this Crash easily. I have him champed but seriously, nothing gets any better in terms of damage output. You do have to whittle Thanos down but going invisible and airbourne help. The real question is why? What has Northstar done to enrage Thanos?!?!? Is Thanos a homophobe? I mean he seems like he hates everybody equally to me, so that can't be it.  Or maybe he hates Canadians? That seems unlikely as those guys are meant to be super nice. Did Northstar hoard all the toilet paper? Or was it Star-Lord? Did he suckerpunch Thanos with his " Hey is that Alpha Flight?!?" shenanigans and now Thanos has a life long hate on for them?