36 friendly attack tiles

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
...let me know when you make it.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    paging 3* storm and a black battery (e.g., 3* if + switch)!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polaris, Carnage (either one), Medusa, by turn 4 done
  • max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Polaris and Medusa was easy
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Polaris, Medusa, Storm, Carnage. Any of these would get the job done.
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Easy cheese with Polaris and Apocalypse and BRB....
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    Polaris, 5 star carnage, Kitty.  It was over quickly and actually ended the match with 47/36 attack tiles.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polaris, HoboFist, R4G.  Just a matter of time.

For the record, Hobo was just there because i didn't want to run a 5* and risk the extra match damage.  Killing Carnage before I hit 36 would have been sad.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    * laughs in polaris *

Took 2 minutes.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    i did it using the loaner storm, just to see how doable it was...

...but then i doubled down and added in GED and C&D for guaranteeing my black AP.  :)

Not hard one bit.  So many ways to do this... here's how mine turned out (after the Globe Trotting bit)

https://youtu.be/wSVs9GJ7AJU
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Mohawk Storm, Polaris, Cloak&Dagger
    Easy Peezy

Hawkeye Ronin would work, too.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    My polaris was dead when I was thinking about doing this node and I was out of healthpacks, so I tried some novel teams. I first went with 2* Magneto, Iron Hammer set to 5/5* Hawkeye/War Machine, and I ended up ending the match from defeating C4rnage rather than "winning."

So I switched over to Medusa/Ronin/Carbage, and I was able to win with that team without much headache.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    My polaris was dead when I was thinking about doing this node and I was out of healthpacks, so I tried some novel teams. I first went with 2* Magneto, Iron Hammer set to 5/5* Hawkeye/War Machine, and I ended up ending the match from defeating C4rnage rather than "winning."

So I switched over to Medusa/Ronin/Carbage, and I was able to win with that team without much headache.
    I like where your train of thought was going with the Iron Hammer.  Fun.  ...but how would Iron Hammer help?  I mean, you'd kill all the tiles on the board... except...oh.  I see.  War Machine's CD gets protected by Hawkeye, but everything else is gone.  ...that's fun.  I almost wanna try it myself...   hmm.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    This "puzzle" is a lot easier than the description makes it seem. The description is "have 36 friendly attack ties at once!"  So naturally I thought you actually had to have 36 friendly attack tiles on the screen at the same time. The actual objective is to place 36 friendly attack tiles in total.
    Much easier to do. :p
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Did it twice, once with Vulture/Ghostrider/C&D - my attack tile team. Which was kinda a bad choice on my part since Ghostrider shares his colors with Carnage, so you're beelining for the same colors as him. It still got the job done eventually. (And I wanted to accomplish it with a non-Polaris team!)
    Afterwards, I also ran Polaris/Medusa/Dr.Ock. which was much easier. But eh, I'm stubborn.
    Rhipf said:
    This "puzzle" is a lot easier than the description makes it seem. The description is "have 36 friendly attack ties at once!"  So naturally I thought you actually had to have 36 friendly attack tiles on the screen at the same time. The actual objective is to place 36 friendly attack tiles in total.

Really? That's not how it worked for me. I really only got it once 36 friendly attack tiles were on the screen at the same time. I manually counted - Steam doesn't show you how many you have in total - and then deliberately fired Ghostrider's green (which adds 2 each time) for the last few. Worked out pretty much exactly.
    And considering it was a lengthy battle where a lot of friendly attack tiles had already been matches away by that point, it did really seem to be solved only when 36 were on the screen.
    (At least that's what happened in the first battle. Didn't pay attention in the second battle because Polaris spam.)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    PiMacleod said:

I like where your train of thought was going with the Iron Hammer.  Fun.  ...but how would Iron Hammer help?  I mean, you'd kill all the tiles on the board... except...oh.  I see.  War Machine's CD gets protected by Hawkeye, but everything else is gone.  ...that's fun.  I almost wanna try it myself...   hmm.
    Yeah, the plan was to use Hawkeye to accelerate red/blue aquisition, then fire off Iron Hammer and let it tic one turn, then fire off War Machine (it comes in fortified at 5 covers) and then let 36 attacks drop in from the top, but it just didn't work like that. In retrospect it may have been better had I used 3* hawkeye to match the unfriendly attacks to create the colors I wanted. So I waited till i had some health and tried it with Magne2o/Flaptain/Polaris on the premise that you'd drop Iron Hammer, Flaptain would accelerate the CD by matching blue, and then Polaris would Polaris the board all up. Unfortunately Polaris polaris'd the board all up before I even got the blue AP to fire off Iron Hammer, so...win?
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    AlexR said:
    Did it twice, once with Vulture/Ghostrider/C&D - my attack tile team. Which was kinda a bad choice on my part since Ghostrider shares his colors with Carnage, so you're beelining for the same colors as him. It still got the job done eventually. (And I wanted to accomplish it with a non-Polaris team!)
    Afterwards, I also ran Polaris/Medusa/Dr.Ock. which was much easier. But eh, I'm stubborn.
    Rhipf said:

Really? That's not how it worked for me. I really only got it once 36 friendly attack tiles were on the screen at the same time. I manually counted - Steam doesn't show you how many you have in total - and then deliberately fired Ghostrider's green (which adds 2 each time) for the last few. Worked out pretty much exactly.
    And considering it was a lengthy battle where a lot of friendly attack tiles had already been matches away by that point, it did really seem to be solved only when 36 were on the screen.
    (At least that's what happened in the first battle. Didn't pay attention in the second battle because Polaris spam.)

Just reran it and it worked as described. I guess the first run I must have had more attack tiles than I thought but it definitely didn't seem like there were that many out at one time.
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Don't remember my third, but I used Antman and 3 star Storm. Antman was actually pretty good at it since he had the ability to make and steal special tiles. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* Storm is the natural choice: 32 friendly attack tiles with one cast. Not even Polaris can beat that unless you luck into over 10 cascades.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Unfortunately he died the first time before I reached 36, but using weaker characters of Polaris/ Medusa and Skrull ( blue Hotness adds 5 per turn ) and it was over quickly 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    AlexR said:
    Rhipf said:

It didn’t work that way , it subtracted attack tiles that were matched away . You had to have 36 at the same time