In the case of events of new feeders happening...

Karass
Karass Posts: 63 Match Maker
I haven't seen a topic on the, well, topic, so forgive me if I'm wrong...

Given last batch of feeders was December 2019, and hoping the milestone shards bonanza wasn't "it" per say, I was wondering if you guys thought a feeder shard fest was about to go down, and if so, lets muse for theories...

The up-to-date list of 5* yet to have a feeder is as follows, followed by some of my own guesses:

Warlock => ?? 
Apocalypse => ??
BRB => ??
Carnage => Venom
Deadpool => Domino
Havok => Polaris
Heimdall => ??
Killmonger => ??
Magneto (AoA) => Sabertooth
Sinister => ??
Onslaught => Legion
ImmHulk => Red Hulk
Samurai Daken => X23?
Yelena => Alexei 

It would make sense in my humble opinion to see these as feeders, so what do you guys think? Am I daydreaming new feeders? Am I wrong on my calls? What would you see instead? I wanna read your theories :)

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    They cherry pick who they want as feeders, so its hard to narrow it down
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since Red Gaurdian and Scorpion were released with feeders in their reward trees, I’m expecting that will be the path moving forward.
  • Karass
    Karass Posts: 63 Match Maker
    edited December 2020
    hadnt seen it for new 4* with implemented feeders! nice spotting there! thanks.

@ThaRoadWarrior care to let me know who Scorpion will be feeding? Havent him champed yet and cant find the intel on his thread.
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Yes, for some reason, D3 haven’t made any announcements about them. Anyway, Red Guardian feeds Yelena, and Scorpion feeds Carnage.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I'm in favor of this plan moving forward, so long as it's a regular thing and not super random. I think reward updates generally just cause so many headaches for everyone, so just having it be part of the normal ecosystem of releases levels the playing field generally. I've been suggesting this to the aether on various thread forever.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Karass said:
    I haven't seen a topic on the, well, topic, so forgive me if I'm wrong...

Given last batch of feeders was December 2019, and hoping the milestone shards bonanza wasn't "it" per say, I was wondering if you guys thought a feeder shard fest was about to go down, and if so, lets muse for theories...

The up-to-date list of 5* yet to have a feeder is as follows, followed by some of my own guesses:

Warlock => ?? 
    Apocalypse => ??
    BRB => ??
    Carnage => Venom
    Deadpool => Domino
    Havok => Polaris
    Heimdall => ??
    Killmonger => ??
    Magneto (AoA) => Sabertooth
    Sinister => ??
    Onslaught => Legion
    ImmHulk => Red Hulk
    Samurai Daken => X23?
    Yelena => Alexei 

It would make sense in my humble opinion to see these as feeders, so what do you guys think? Am I daydreaming new feeders? Am I wrong on my calls? What would you see instead? I wanna read your theories :)

Apocalypse would make more sense being fed by Legion to me as Legion was the one who started the Age of Apocalypse event and have 4* Juggernaut feed Onslaught as Juggs was the first one to encounter Onslaught.
    BRB - Worthy Cap - Hammer time!
    Sinister - Sabretooth - Mauraders
    Magneto (AoA) - Polaris - Pretty obvious
    Havok - Wolfsbane - Were both in X-Factor and Rahne had a crush on Alex
    Heimdall - 4* Thanos - Infinity War connection
    Perhaps we will get a 4* Pip the Troll to feed Adam Warlock.
    Killmonger seems the hardest link to find.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The fact the dev didn't want to talk about feeders says a lot. Looking at the recent feeder (very new characters feeding 5*) arrangement, I would expect future 4* characters to feed the rest of the 5*. Maybe once in a while, they are going to throw us one or two old 4* feeding 5*. 

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    The fact the dev didn't want to talk about feeders says a lot. Looking at the recent feeder (very new characters feeding 5*) arrangement, I would expect future 4* characters to feed the rest of the 5*. Maybe once in a while, they are going to throw us one or two old 4* feeding 5*. 

I agree with this. And to be fair, the milestones rewards allowed me to get a massive jump on Red Guardian so that he will be champable ahead of time allowing me to concentrate on Scorpion as soon as he enters packs, so the devs have even given us a leg up there if we chose to play that way. So whilst it is fun to speculate, I am not expecting anything.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2020
    Killmonger may wait for Black Panther 2 to give us a new character...
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    The current release pattern is 4/5/4/5 for a year now. We have 12 five-stars including Adam Warlock that have no feeder. If they implement the feeder for every new 4-star release in the future we will never catch up and will always have twelve unfeeded five-stars. I think this is bad. 

Just look at how good some of the current unfeeded five-stars are: Beta Ray Bill, Immortal Hulk and Apocalypse are all part of meta-teams! 

They need to change this and fill up the gaps. 
    If they are afraid that too much people will double-dip when they are choosing older four-stars as feeders I have a solution I could live with. If someone has already passed level 280 for example before the cgampion reward is changed make him "pay" one of his already earned and unspent Legendary tokens if he wants to get the new five- star reward from level 280. Most of the players would be glad and accept this trade-off. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ares76 said:
    The current release pattern is 4/5/4/5 for a year now. We have 12 five-stars including Adam Warlock that have no feeder. If they implement the feeder for every new 4-star release in the future we will never catch up and will always have twelve unfeeded five-stars. I think this is bad. 

Just look at how good some of the current unfeeded five-stars are: Beta Ray Bill, Immortal Hulk and Apocalypse are all part of meta-teams! 

If they are afraid that too much people will double-dip when they are choosing older four-stars as feeders I have a solution I could live with. If someone has already passed level 280 for example before the cgampion reward is changed make him "pay" one of his already earned and unspent Legendary tokens if he wants to get the new five- star reward from level 280. Most of the players would be glad and accept this trade-off. 
    lol... i'm imagining a non-token-hoarder turning on the game, getting Feeder Updates...looks at the store eventually...

"WHY DO I HAVE NEGATIVE LEGENDARY TOKENS?!?!?!"  lmao.  And there'd be a little -2 within the silver coin icon sitting right there, indicating that the next two LTs he/she earns goes to repay the debt.  :P
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2020
    I think the safest solution is just to keep them built into new characters. Nobody can double dip, and they still serve their function as a scaffolding to the upper tier of play. "charging" players for something they can't opt out of like that is for sure going to drive people out. Just go back and look at the Shardmageddon threads from when they tried to give out 1/5th of a cover after 280 for the reaction - and that was just to people feeling like they didn't get "enough" rewards. Just imagine if they signed in and got negative rewards for characters they may not care about, or have skipped for a reason.
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    I think the safest solution is just to keep them built into new characters. Nobody can double dip, and they still serve their function as a scaffolding to the upper tier of play. "charging" players for something they can't opt out of like that is for sure going to drive people out. Just go back and look at the Shardmageddon threads from when they tried to give out 1/5th of a cover after 280 for the reaction - and that was just to people feeling like they didn't get "enough" rewards. Just imagine if they signed in and got negative rewards for characters they may not care about, or have skipped for a reason.
    I agree with this mostly but we kinda need some kind of catchup first. Or slow down the release of 5*s for a bit to give us a bunch of new 4*s to feed the year of 5*s we got with no feeders. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    grumbLEGO said:
    I agree with this mostly but we kinda need some kind of catchup first. Or slow down the release of 5*s for a bit to give us a bunch of new 4*s to feed the year of 5*s we got with no feeders. 
    Oh boy -- I can just see the "4* tier is diluted" messages.... ;)

Do I have another solution?  No.  Just sayin' -- there's quite a few voices around here who'd laugh at the notion, i think.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know why there's a need to catch up to champing all 5*, apart from being a completionist.  I see quite a number of players "suffering" from not being able to champ new 5* before they leave Latest.

They are going to come in to those new 5* special cp store, or you can target them via shards if you really like to use them a lot. Also, you get to play with a fully covered and champed 5* in Shield Training every 4 weeks.

In a year, there are about 2 5* that is really worth chasing (IHulk and Apocalypse in 2020), and the rest can be completed in the future. Don't put too much pressure on yourself to get them champed. 

As the saying goes, MPQ is a marathon, not a sprint.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the safest solution is just to keep them built into new characters. Nobody can double dip, and they still serve their function as a scaffolding to the upper tier of play.
    I totally agree with this. It's the fairest way to proceed.
    KGB
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    PiMacleod said:
    Ares76 said:

lol... i'm imagining a non-token-hoarder turning on the game, getting Feeder Updates...looks at the store eventually...

"WHY DO I HAVE NEGATIVE LEGENDARY TOKENS?!?!?!"  lmao.  And there'd be a little -2 within the silver coin icon sitting right there, indicating that the next two LTs he/she earns goes to repay the debt.  :P
    I thought of it more as an free-to-choose option like when you pay 720 CP for a 5-star-cover. If you don't like the 5-star or don't have a legendary token it will not automatically convert to that 5-star-reward.