Milestones just put me in 2-Champ 5-Star Territory...but should I jump?

So the Milestones gave this Free-to-Player the boost he needed to finally hit full-build 5-Stars. I now have a 5/3/5 300 Apocalypse and a 5/3/5 300 Beta Ray Bill. My question is, with these two characters, should I jump to 5-Star Territory yet, or more "soft level" them? I fear if I champ them to 450 (neither one has any saved covers), I'll open myself up to the dangers of real champed 5-Star players and never be able to compete again. 

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those two are fine together.

I started 5 star world with 1 and it was miserable until i got 3 or 4 that worked well with eachother.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    If you only played PvE, do it now. If you play PvP, you could with those two, but I’d say don’t rush. Enjoy 4* land and its diversity.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    What the transition to 5* land with a killer 5* feels like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zIoElk3r2c However, when you see what your new competition is like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENoZSLcH1-0
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I just got my second 5* champ this week , started CL 10 in July , and I’ve had no trouble winning , and your duo is more meta than mine. 
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    I made the jump your thinking of and it worked out well. They are a great duo and clear a lot so you can get the rewards to really boost your 4* & 5* roster. With 4*Thanos and Polaris BRB create winfinite and help clear challenge nodes in pve. Now with Scorpion, you might not need Kitty as often for goon nodes. 
     Now with Xmas sharding in Milestone rewards I just champed Kitty and Old Man Daken is next. Then I’ll focus on getting Okoye she and iHulk have low covers in my roster so I have a long way to go before getting that meta team. In PVP i always get to at least the 10 CP reward. I now get all rewards in PVP Shield.