Thank you... this really feel like Christmas! (Milestone)

atomzed
atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
Wow, just wow... there are so many goodies from the milestone quests. 

Key pointers for me:-
1) Shards... a lot of shards. This gives players a chance to really target their fave heroes. Now I see that shards are better than fave heroes. 
2) Personal goals. It gives incentive of the players to target immediate goals. Always something to look forward to. 
3) Planned progression. It’s possible to plan out a route of progress for individual player. Target shards from milestones help a lot. 
Thank you D3! This feels like Christmas!

Comments

• darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Merry Shard-mas all. They made it happen
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    Wow. This is awesome. Thank you!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was awesome! I got 4x supports upgraded to 3* out of this, as well as completing Yelena, a cover for Hela, enough Frosts to get a Kitty cover (7 more frosts and Kitty is done) and I took my Gladiathor from 5/0/2 to 5/5/2 with 100 shards. Also got a yellow for my Spider Ham - definitely on track to finish him this holiday season! This was a huge jumpstart for me, and also THANK YOU for making them individually claimable so that we could manage where the shards went as we got them, that was really helpful!
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    2020 has one good thing here for us.

Champed my OML and my 5* Thor among other great rewards. And I was 8 covers away in total 0_0 .  Very nice work D3 and happy holidays to you all. 

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Merry Shardmas, everyone!

I just champed Archangel and Havok (1 cover each), Prof X (3 covers), and Apocalypse (4 covers) with the shards from the various rewards, and got my first ever 5-star support (Destroyer Gun) from all the milestone rewards.

Just remember to keep changing your favorited characters if you want more than one champed with the rewards from the Milestone quests.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Merry Christmas to all!
    I can see why feeders have gone by the wayside except on newly released characters because this just blows that system away with the fact you get shards for the hero of your choice.
    I was able to finish IHulk and get in position to finish BRB.
    HUGE thumbs up to the Devs for this.
    KGB
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    That was a fun surprise.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    And SUPPORTS!!
    Don't forget the supports!
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    This was such a pleasant surprise! Overall really happy with all the positive changes in game which started with the implementation of shards. It has really helped to focus progression on particular characters. Thank you! 
  • shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Agree with everyone,  This was amazing and such a nice surprise.  Love all the quests (not just the milestone ones) and they have definitely upped my engagement and got me to participate in some off-season events (match snowballs of all things) I may not have just to "complete them all".  Thank you to the MPQ teams for rolling this out before the end of the year!
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Milestones. Loved these soooooooo much. Could have managed 5s better but oh well. Spider-Man Peter Parker was happy lol. Only wish left is Feeders for remaining 5s!
  • Bobdvol
    Bobdvol Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Milestones a great idea...So many possibilities..Good way to keep game fresh. Much needed, and much appreciated.  Bravo devs
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Agreed , this was the best day and update MPQ has ever given us by far . It gives rewards to all levels of players as well proportionally. A great Hanukkah gift ! 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very appreciative as well. I was becoming a bit jaded, but I’m back in! Nice roster progression and although I could have managed them a little better, I was just too excited at work and even without perfect planning champed three classic 5*s, got some support goodies, and have a champ-able ham. 

Very sneaky, but it was all the better for the surprising generosity. So cool after all that’s been happening this year. 
    Thanks to the team again.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Yep, wanted to chime in and say thanks for Shardmas! Was a lovely surprise and a great way to end this year for MPQ!
  • winter37
    winter37 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    For a 5+ year player, this was quite the shardmas. Thanks, devs, this was a really welcome start to this new feature!