how many saved teams do u real need?

Xair
Xair Posts: 77 Match Maker
need a team to deal with:
1. low levels in the story mode nodes (jugernaught4/groot4/starlord4)
2. Deadpool daily 2* (magneto/captain marvel/storm)
3. Deadpool daily fast pair (profx5/ihulk)
4. Deadpool daily 3 to deal with lines. (deadpool5/thons5/BlackPanther5) +spicy
5. story mode, medium power, team of 3 (apoc/thor5/onslaught)
6. story mode, strong power, team of 3 (okoye/thor5/profx5)
7. challenge node (polaris/brb/jug1*)
8. story mode, medium power, node  pair (thor5/apoc)
9. story mode, strong power, node pair. (okoye/thor)
10. injure thor5 team (thor5/daken3*/wolverine3*)
11. 3* Deadpool team for whales (deadpool3/thons5/groot4) (to be used on low level nodes)
12. pvp pair (okoye/ihulk)

13. pvp team of 3 (brb/kitty/polaris)

we currently have only 6, i assume it was a temporary decision.
so maybe change it to 13?

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    I support this.

I also think that this (unfortunately) could be something they monetize, via HP barriers or what-not.  Heck -- people been asking for a post-ISO expenditure... why not make another Saved Team slot cost like 1 mil or something...

Although, personally, I think it would make the most sense to make it a reward via longevity.  Mainly because as you play the game, your roster grows, and so do your needs.  Its obvious to any player that as the game gets broader in scope, you need more options at the ready.  So, IMO, it should unlock an extra saved slot to use, like, every 40 levels.  Obviously, this is me just throwing out a number... not a lot of real analysis or anything, but I think anyone at rank 80 would appreciate 2 extra slots, and rank 200 would appreciate 5 more.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would keep more than five if I could keep that stupid middle one blank.
  • Xair
    pheregas said:
    I would keep more than five if I could keep that stupid middle one blank.
    u can do it, by putting a 1* cover with 1 skin in the middle then sell that 1* and u will have a saved team with only 2 chars on the sides.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suspect (hope) that you'll be able to earn more saved team spots. Maybe from doing a certain milestone quest or maybe from spending HP like we do with a roster slot.
    Personally, I am only using 3 right now. I will use 3 more when they make it easier to leave the middle one blank or allow 2 team save slots.
    KGB
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem is that more than six slots get unwieldy.  Ideally, you might want to consider resetting your saved slots for each play session.  But I largely agree with the main points.

I use 4 two man slots, and 1 slot for winfinite, 1 slot for 3* thanos hitting easy teams
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Phumade said:
    The problem is that more than six slots get unwieldy.
    Since you can already name the slots, perhaps a very simple full text  name filter/search field at the top of the UI? 

Each player could then create their own naming scheme that makes the most sense to them for quick selection?
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh, I guess I'm a little different about that.  

All 6 of mine are filled, and I've found that I've wished for more on occasion.

I got the "Easy Nodes" team (5*Thanos and 5*Thor, in order to tenderize him while doing easy stuff)
    Challenge Node team (Hawk5ye/G4mora/Coulson)
    Hulkoye (pick 2)
    Thorpocalypse (pick 2)
    BRB/Polaris/Th4nos (Winfinite)
    Nico Pocket (Nico & Polaris/Rock4t... Kitty is easily selectable from the top of my roster to replace Nico)

I use each of these in their own situations.... but there are times that I wanna do...

Prof5/Onslaught/Nightcrawler
    a whales based team with 3* DP
    Carn5ge/Polaris/Medusa
    Kitty/BRB (pick 2)

and of course, you could think of others.

I think everyone uses more than 6 teams... right?  I mean, that's what's actually nice about this meta currently... Hulkoye is very strong, but there are other options too.  Depending on what task you're doing, there's plenty of things someone could do/use to take it down.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right now my spots are reserved for 2*DDQ; Thorkoye+[5pX | 5Iceman]; 5DD+5Thor+Thanos (my 'get to half health on easy nodes team :mrgreen: ); and Polaris+[Gritty | BRB+Th4nos]

I personally wouldnt need much more but I think 6 is too few. I don't think the restriction makes much sense. If players want to save 100 teams, why not let them?
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I guess most of us have a specific team for fighting Kaecilius too. I find it useful to have this team saved, rather than trying to scroll through and select (once I have remembered which characters I normally use).
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    My current 6:

1) Okoye + 5* Thor + Polaris (PvE hard nodes)
    2) 3* Star-Lord + 4* Juggernaut + 4* Grocket (PvE easy nodes)
    3) 4* Thanos + Beta Ray Bill + Polaris (PvE Challenge nodes)
    4) Negasonic + 5* Thor + 4* Human Torch (my "get Thor to half health" team)
    5) Okoye + empty slot + iHulk (PvP team)
    6) Okoye + empty slot + America Chavez (PvP grill team)

I would like more, I'd suggest expanding to 10. I specifically would add:

7) Thor + empty + Apocalypse (PvE essential node team)
    8) Beta Ray Bill + empty + Polaris (PvP tough essential nodes team)
    9) Polaris + Beta Ray Bill + Medusa (SIM easy team)
    10) Polaris + Kitty + Grocket (for the Galactus event going on now)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    My six teams:

Thanos + OML + 5-Wasp for early PvE rounds.
    Thorkoye + Dr Strange (my "Go To" team for higher nodes in PvE)
    iHulk + Okoye + 5-star Daredevil (PvP team)
    Thanos + Thor + OML, aka "Drain Thor"
    Grocket + Kitty + Polaris
    Kitty + 3-star Deadpool + Scarlet Witch - WHALES!

Other than special events (like Kaecilius) I'm not sure I'd use more than those, since my 2-star and 1-star teams are almost always stored for the Deadpool Daily nodes, with the exception of the 2-star for the Behemoth Burrito. But more options are always better, so I'm sure I'd find more teams to save if given the opportunity.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    My idea always was to make the 6 slots dependant on where you fight:

- DDQ
    - pick-2-char pvp
    - pick-3-char pvp
    - sim
    - pve 
    - boss nodes

It would be easy to browse and you dont really need DDQ sets for regular PVE and others, so it adds focus.
  • Xair
    there is another benefit to having more saved slots, 
    planning the placement of each char within the team has value, 
    especially in pvp fights.

for example:
    lets say i want to use okoe+profx5+ihulk in pvp.

i would prefer ihulk to go in the middle so that a careless opponent would waste his first attacks on ihulk.
    i would prefer Okoye to be on his left because she is the prime target, and i would want any residue damage, from killing her to be absorbed by ihulk which will res if he is killed.
    this will ensure that profx will have full life even after okoye is dead, and still might win the game with just ihulk.

most of the time i am in a hurry and i don't have time to think of placement,
    having more saved team slots, would allow for more strategic gameplay.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    You all are putting way too much into this lol.  I have a 2* team for deadpool, and then a team for pve.  I guess I CAN make one for pvp now that I know you can leave the middle slot blank.
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    While we’re talking about how we’d like the slots, can we get the ability to rearrange the ones we have?
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I’m not greedy, whiny, nor ungrateful, (NOT insinuating anything !) so I’m more than happy to have been given 6 after having zero for 4 years . I don’t need a saved team for every possible play eventuality . I like to experiment with new combinations, it’s part of the attraction for me to this game . 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    mine are
    1. Okoye, ihulk, 3* deadpool 
    2. 5* Thanos, empty, 5* deadpool
    3. Okoye, empty, ihulk
    4. Kitty, empty, brb
    5. 5* Thanos, empty, black panther 
    6. brb, apocalypse, Polaris 

1 & 2 are for deadpool daily 
    3-5 typical pvp teams or pve essential nodes
    6 is for the scl10 challenge node

3 is probably my go to, I can fill the empty spot with dr strange, professor x, or apocalypse 
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    I don't really use more than 2-3, but then I'm pretty much exclusive to PvE.  I could see them allowing you to "buy" additional saved teams like they do character slots.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't even "need" six since I haven't done the 1* delete trick to create pick-2 teams for myself. I have 4ocket/Juggernaut/G4mora for easy clears, then I have a Thano5/iHulk/Gladiathor team that I use to actively grind down Thor's health during easy nodes or that first hard node in PVE rather than entering and retreating a million times. Then I have a Polaris/BRB/5torm team for challenge nodes and a 2099/Okoye/Thor team for grinds. I've also got a Polaris/Okoye/Thor team as an experiment, but right now I prefer 2099 for it.