Are 7-day PvE events dead?

Loosie
Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
SCL 10 was announced February 4th 2020 and released Feb 6th. In the announcement there is discussion about differences in rewards for 3-day, 4-day and 7-day events. It was also revealed that we would get 5* shards as progression rewards.

Typically 7-day progression rewards doubled 3/4 day progression rewards, due to just the one event being run that week. However this would mean for SCL 10 people would be getting a full 5* cover.

Am I looking to far into this that we haven't had a 7-day event since this announcement has been made? In fact we are coming up to almost a year since the last 7-day event.

The Hulk was March 2019, Enemy of that State was September 2019 and Prodigal Sun was December 2019. I do miss these 7-day events, and would like to see them return.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the Edition of Spider Silk to Lost in Time, Cosmic Chaos and Infinite Pursuit over the course of 2019/2020 I suspect they feel they have enough regular events in rotation not to have to give out double shards in 7 dayers.
    So yeah - pretty much dead.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I don’t miss them 
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    IIRC we usually get prodigal sun in late December, but pretty sure that's for holiday pun value
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    It'd be nice to see one again, but I think the assumptions are spot on -- the devs don't really wanna give away a full 5* cover worth of shards in one event.

BUT -- please feel free to prove us wrong, devs!  ;)
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhipf said:
    Loosie said:

Typically 7-day progression rewards doubled 3/4 day progression rewards, due to just the one event being run that week. However this would mean for SCL 10 people would be getting a full 5* cover.
    I suppose they could always rework the rewards for a 7 day event to give 250 shards for each of two characters for SCL 10.
    Yes, some other people have suggested this approach when we have events where shards are rewarded for the brand new 5* but a different 5 * is required and you miss out on that characters shards.  Run 7 day events in this situation and give 250 shards for the required 5* and 250 for the new character.
    This has my vote.  100%
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Remember when they increased rewards (before they were decreased) and they said that 4 day events would have a payout and 7 day events would have double?

I don't think we've had more than three 7 day events since then.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhipf said:
    Loosie said:

I suppose they could always rework the rewards for a 7 day event to give 250 shards for each of two characters for SCL 10.
    They could also break up a 7 day event into two parts. Run Enemy of the State part 1, then something else like Webbed Wonder, and then EotS part 2. Or, if you want to get really crazy, you could break up 7 day events and also bring back the gauntlet and have it be a 3-4 day progression only event that would act as an intermission between the two parts.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    My impression is that 7 day events are unpopular due to the commitment required, and also lesser overall rewards (?).
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    The biggest problem with the 7-day events is that if you're a top player you've generally maxed out progression rewards by like day 4 (I'm guessing here, but it's well before the end). So the game gets pretty grindy (as if it wasn't already) for the last few days with no meaningful rewards coming in. Speaking of which, after just having a PvE with two 48 hour subs and going right into an alliance event, it feels like resource production has slowed to a crawl right now. While I don't recall seeing it on the holiday list, I'm really hoping we get double ISO at some point to make up for it.

Or maybe even double CP and HP (I know, I know, it'll never happen, but a guy can dream, can't he?)
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    shardwick said:They could also break up a 7 day event into two parts. Run Enemy of the State part 1, then something else like Webbed Wonder, and then EotS part 2. Or, if you want to get really crazy, you could break up 7 day events and also bring back the gauntlet and have it be a 3-4 day progression only event that would act as an intermission between the two parts.

If they break up 7 day events into part 1 and part 2 with an event in the middle are they still 7 day events? :p
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhipf said:
    shardwick said:They could also break up a 7 day event into two parts. Run Enemy of the State part 1, then something else like Webbed Wonder, and then EotS part 2. Or, if you want to get really crazy, you could break up 7 day events and also bring back the gauntlet and have it be a 3-4 day progression only event that would act as an intermission between the two parts.

If they break up 7 day events into part 1 and part 2 with an event in the middle are they still 7 day events? :p
    I'd rather have them broken up than lose them forever. 
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    I imagine it probably also messes with their PVE required character rotation pattern especially considering the 5/4 release schedule we've been on.

Somebody who knows the required characters patterns could probably analyze what having 7 days with only 1 set of required characters vs the normal 2 sets over 7 days would do to the established patterns.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Iso-8 Brotherhood was last 9/14/2017. It is the only 7-day event that wasn't run since 5-Star nodes were introduced.