Color Change Powers can "steal" Snowball Fight Countdowns (edited title)

ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
Since the R217 update, in Snowball Fight I’m seeing Profe$$or X making CDs that say “protect this tile for N turns...” on match-ns like 2* Hawkeye. Anybody else seeing this? It seems a bug, the power text itself hasn’t been changed.

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Seems like they appear when I use his purple on a purple tile, but it isn’t consistent.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2020
    that's the pvp "theme", the countdowns will drop down for anyone
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2020
    These aren’t the silver Snowball Fight CDs, they are standard player owned ones that when clicked fly out and give a modified power description of Signal Boost. I have a screenshot, I’ll post it in a bit. When they tick down nothing happens, but they are vulnerable to Circuit Breaker.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Ok, I think what is happening is that using the purple power on a purple tile will color change some of those Snowball Fight CDs, and when that happens they become player owned CDs for some reason. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    To put that theory to the test, switch Prof X with Jubilee?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Here is the screenshot, you can see I've clicked on a player owned CD and gotten a power description for Signal Boost with the standard "protect this tile..." boilerplate in front of what is otherwise the regular text. The tile I've clicked on to get that description is the purple one nearest the center, but you can see there the other purple CD, and how they look compared to the unowned Snowball Fight tiles. My team was Profe$$or X/Captain America/Onslaught for this match.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2020
    I confirmed the same behavior with Jubilee. It puts the text of her power Heart of the Team (the passive component) in the explanation box when you click on them.

In other news, Jubilee is kind of fun to play actually now that I have some levels on her (lvl 298).
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Are you sure it's not those rose-tinted glasses speaking?  :p 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Why is Kittys circuit breaker not activated by these snowballs but when it's activated by something else it'll also chase snowballs?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    “Neutral” tiles (that still only help ai opponents) aren’t targetable, but as soon as one becomes player owned via this bug it is targetable.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
    **Mod note: Moved to Bugs and Technical Issues forum