Shield training...who did yall use?

marvel075
marvel075 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
edited December 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
welp as yall know day 3, last node of shield training tests everyone's skills (and roster), and sadly my apoc is 2/2/2 lvl 345, and i have no champed 5 stars, so with that being said, i won the second time! The first time i used my lvl 405 prof x, but lost, and the second time i used my lvl 405 archangel, due to his high match damage and stun, and miraculously won.

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    As usual I had to whale it again. My Apoc too is way undercovered, so not of big help. In order to spare a whales TU I just played the character Deadpool +2 all and +2 blue/purple. Then just reach 14 and it's done.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,231 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    My apocalypse is my highest lvl champ and who I usually use for these nodes anyway,  so this time was much easier actually being able to select another 5 star to help him.   I used Beta Ray Bill with him. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wiped with champed Archangel but managed to pull through with Valkyrie. Apocalypse is 5/1/3.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    As required characters go, I do believe Apoc (if of a decent level) is one of the better required ones we had in Shield Training. Maybe in a couple of years my Apoc will be of use in a ST  :D
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    I have a fully covered Apoc (4/5/3) but he's underleveled at L300. Decided to try both days with my L299 Polaris as the 3rd since Scorpion can really increase strikes nicely with his cheap Green. I boosted 1 Blue and targeted Blue to get her stun out early for the strikes. I won both day 2 / 3 losing Apoc/Scorpion on day 2 and just Apoc today (let him eat nukes since his own powers are really not contributing much at L300).
    I actually had more problems with the day 3 Valk node due to Peggy as I wiped twice before I got a blue heavy board.
    KGB
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    3* deadpool....
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    4* Wasp is my favourite after experimenting with Mystique and Talos over the past few shield trainings. What they have in common are some form of ap steal and stun. In this shield training, Apocalypse is a meat shield for Wasp.

Load Wasp (3/5/5) with +3 blue ap and match blue tiles. Gather 20 purple ap, and 14 black ap. While chasing these colours, you would also have matched or gained other useful coloured aps. All this while, I'm targeting The Thing via match damage. Match sure you have 8 blue ap so that you can stun  Mordo and Starlord for 3 turns. Then, unload purple, green and red powers on The Thing until he's down while Apocalypse's yellow repeaters are out. Go back to gathering purple and black again. Starlord was next, and finally Mordo. 

• halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Half health Thor with a 212 apoc. I like the Polaris idea. 
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    My Apoc is champed, so this one was actually easy for me, I brought Onslaught as my 3rd. It helps that Scorpion's purple is good too.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Valk w Apoc. Mordo fired his Black once, and those charged tiles coupled w Valk’s Bounty Hunter gave me 30 black to go with the red I’d been chasing. Finished w Apoc at ~59K health and the other 2 with virtually no damage.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    champed Apoc... so half-Thor was a natural partner.  After all, feeding yellow and red to Apoc is a no-brainer.

I will admit though, I tried a different option at first...

https://youtu.be/3X1qdEQtSPA
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    I was able to do this with Valkyrie (around level 300),  a partially covered Apoc at about level 300, and use of a 5 star magneto teamup.  I fully planned to use a dp whales teamup, but by the time I had the tu ap, I thought I had a good chance, used the mags tu instead, and won by a hair with just Valk standing.  Very lucky! 
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    I had a fairly easy time of it.  My apocalypse is 0/1/1 so no help.  I used vulture as a third.  Other than vulture's black i held off using any powers until someone on the other team used a power so I had at least 1 strike tile from scorpion.  Then I hammer the other team with everything I've got starting with any green scorpion has to power up any strikes.  I finish with vulture's black as if his blue is full he will wipe out most if not all of Star Lord's Yellow countdowns.  When vulture lands if his blue is full, repeat.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I used Valkyrie with my 3/4/3 Apoc (level 405).  Waited until all the yellow tiles were covered with Valk's strikes before using any powers.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    anyone else nearly ACTUALLY laugh out loud at what Okoye/Scorpion do in the 4th Day of Shield Training?

I mean... it's not like we didn't expect it... but to see it in practice is silly, crazy, awe-inspiring, etc... 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Okoye and anyone else (I used half-Thor).  Once you get 3 more purple than you need for Scorpion... game over.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I got smoked with a 1/5/3 Apocalypse and all the above mentioned characters.  But Legion, although time consuming, never loses for me . He’s my go to .