Rookie/Stupid Q : Do Apoc/Okoye stack?

LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
I finally champed Apoc and was wondering if the damage boosters for Apoc/Okoye stack or if it is one or the other?  Apologies for the simplicity and stupidity of the question that I am sure has been answered many times.  Thanks!

Comments

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    It does stack, only problem is apoc will be tanking everything but tu tiles so keeping tu ap would be difficult
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    They actually don't stack - you get whichever is higher. If you do Shared Strength first, you get that until Wakanda Forever! passes it by, and then you get that.
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Wow I just tested it out and you are right they do not stack🤷‍♂️
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I mentioned it in my thread about wakanda Forever! edge cases back when I discovered it. 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/79221/wakanda-forever-how-does-it-even-work
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    There are currently 2 principal damage boosting characters in the game (okoye and apoc), and it appears that they do not stack.  I have not tested them with any 9f the supports that also boost power damage to see if those effects can stack.
    It would really be great if d3 would make such information available to players without the need for elaborate, crowdsourced testing.
    (Edit: I had overlooked a few other, less important characters with differently worded powers that also boost damage: Spiderman 2099 blue creates a cd tiles that boosts all damage to the target by 75%, 5* BP's black creates a cd tile that boosts every tick of damage applied to the target by a fixed amount.  so there are more than 2 damage boosters in the game, but only two that have a major role in the current meta.)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2020
    They don’t seem to stack with Spider Man 2099’s damage boosting tile either. I haven’t tried it with 5* Panther’s countdown but I expect that doesn’t work either.

perhaps also of note is neither power adds damage to team up powers.
  • Vhailorx
    edited December 2020
    They don’t seem to stack with Spider Man 2099’s damage boosting tile either. I haven’t tried it with 5* Panther’s countdown but I expect that doesn’t work either.

perhaps also of note is neither power adds damage to team up powers.

I can confirm that okoye's passive does not stack with 5* BP's black (which is a pity, because they would paly pretty well together if it did).  Okoye DOES stack with 5* DD's purple though.  That's a very strong synergy.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 2099/WF not stacking thing.... that would explain why they don't instantly melt off my game screen once I put that out there.  I usually expect crazy numbers, but are always disappointed.  

And then they get barraged to zero health by others means.  No biggy.  :)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I'm not sure 2099 stacks with any "power" based damage, I think it only adds to match damage? It also seems like it is at best not working as the power is written if not actively buggy, but he only gets played on teams with all kinds of other additional boost so it can be hard to verify it's deal precisely.
  • Vhailorx
    I'm not sure 2099 stacks with any "power" based damage, I think it only adds to match damage? It also seems like it is at best not working as the power is written if not actively buggy, but he only gets played on teams with all kinds of other additional boost so it can be hard to verify it's deal precisely.

file under: his stun is more expensive than polaris, and at best he produces about the same number of okoye procs, so any bug fixes for his cd tile are now effectively moot for end-game players.  It's a pity, though it's not like the power being bugged had any impact on his usage rates pre-polaris.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2020
    75% damage increase added to every damage pool, if it were working as written, would be non trivial.

"[flavor flavor flavor] The target takes 75% additional damage as long as the Countdown tile is on the board." at 5 covers.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    His black goes very well with okoye though. Lots of CDs, lots of damage ticks means lots of boost. I only use his stun for the stun, any other benefit is gravy. 

Having said that I mainly use Polaris with Okoye now since the damage is more predictable and you can proc it nicely with okoye's red too. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I guess my point is that yes, there is so much going on with 2099 that it's hard to notice that you should be doing 75% more damage to each attack than you currently are, and you just aren't. I believe that only adds to match damage from my limited testing.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    His black goes very well with okoye though. Lots of CDs, lots of damage ticks means lots of boost. I only use his stun for the stun, any other benefit is gravy. 

Having said that I mainly use Polaris with Okoye now since the damage is more predictable and you can proc it nicely with okoye's red too. 

Agreed.  I used to run SM2099 with Thorkoye all the time but Polaris is just plain faster.  The only risk with Polaris is that if you completely flood the board with specials (which is very possible, particularly with non-board movers,) Thor's passive stops procing.  This generally only happens with wave nodes, though, normal nodes just don't go that long.
    I had no idea that Okoye didn't stack with Panther or SM2099 - I used those particular powers rarely enough that I didn't notice other than a vague "shouldn't this be doing more damage?"  Daredevil works fine, though, as said above.  The difference is, I guess, you can only have one thing that adds to existing damage, but Daredevil has a power that causes X damage when he hits someone who is stunned.  The difference is the damage procs the power, as opposed to the power enhancing existing damage.
    A fine point, to be sure, but a real one from a coding standpoint, I guess.