Wasted spicy tokens

Theghouse
Theghouse Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm not sure if anybody has posted this yet, but after having to pull 40 times to get the 4* cover from the new spicy taco vault 😒, I realized that there is still an inventory cap on boosts of 30 per type.  So most of the pulls which were AP boosts and match damage boosts were absolutely wasted as I was already near the max.  

I figured maybe like health packs that they would go above the artificial limit if you got extras out of a vault but this is not the case. 

Moral of the story is if you're going to pull your spicy tokens, play your toughest nodes first and use some of those boosts.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you don't have a habit of using those boosts, it will go to waste anyway even if the game shows that you have 999 of them. For example, the last time I used double colour damage boost was probably four to six months ago. Right now, they are sitting at 30. Even if I've accumulated 999 of them, I still won't use them.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed this issue, too. Ultimately, I decided that it's just too much of a pain to check every single time I want to pull some tokens. I've accepted there will be some waste.
    I really only end up wasting the +20% match dmg ones anyway, since I do use the +1 AP in PvP.
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    After hoarding spicy tokens this whole time, I pulled the 4-star cover on the very first one I cashed in (yesterday). =c). (And I was actually just wanting 2 health packs). 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've pulled on the vault two times. The first time I had to spend 38 tokens to get the 4* and today I spent 37 to get it. Lame.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,760 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 Vaults pulled: 38 pulls for the 4*, then 14 pulls and the last one 4 pulls, so going in the right way.

Don't like waste either, but with tons of (expired) boosts and health packs anyway, it's a price worth paying for a 4* (and maybe a support).
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    I've pulled on the vault two times. The first time I had to spend 38 tokens to get the 4* and today I spent 37 to get it. Lame.
    Suddenly, the 34 I had to use to get Prof X didn't seem too bad.

Well, OK.  It's still bad.  But not as bad as it could have been...
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Let's be honest, red iso is a bigger waste than the boosts.  Is anyone not red iso positive?
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    ::raises hand::
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I’m not. Hopefully soon
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I had a Nightcrawler cover in my Spicy vault that was the last one I needed to champ him, so I dumped my token stash to get him.  I cleared out the vault because he was literally my 40th pull.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Riri cover I needed to reach lvl300 for a LT came surprisingly easy today bringing with it a Support token too and leaving me enough tokens to still clear the vault another day. I could get used to this nice level of RNG.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    I changed my 4* sharget to Domino two days ago since I need 3.5 covers to get her to 280. Now she shows up in my Spicy Vault today. Got her on the 12th pull.
    #WINNING
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Around 12 pulls for a Polaris cover, nice! Still token positive. 😁