What characters do you think we will get for WandaVision?

System
System Posts: 1,029 Chairperson of the Boards
This discussion was created from comments split from: What's New MPQ (Updated 11/18/20).

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure where else to put this without creating a new thread but I guess here is as good as anywhere.
    So, the schedule is Scorpion tomorrow (3rd), a new 5 for Christmas (17th) and a new 4 for New Years (31st) - if the release rate stays the same then we should be due a new 5* on 14th January which is day before the rumoured release of WandaVision. Signs would point to a 5* from that show...so how awesome do we want Wanda to be? It would be kind'a mad if she could affect other players teams - like for example she could swap an enemy players iHulk for the 3* version for a number of turns or interfere with team-ups or boosts. Or maybe she can undo stuns or other effects like airbourne and invisible. Probably too crazy.
    The second question is if we get another character from the show release, who do we want? Vision is pretty obvious but as Spectrum/Monica Rambeau is also involved, she could be quite an interesting character also. I am a bit torn on this one because what do you really do power wise with Vizh? But he deserves better than just a 3* version. However Monica could be pretty interesting.
    It will probably end up the show gets pushed again or something and all of the above is pointless speculation.
    @fight4thedream If you consider this comment should be elsewhere then by all means of course move it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    [...] Or maybe she can undo stuns or other effects like airbourne and invisible. [...]
    you used to be able to do this by sending your team invisible or airborne and overwriting whatever status they had (stunned, whatever), but it seems like now powers that can do that just can't be fired when someone is stunned, or that character can't be targeted at least. I don't recall seeing any patch notes for that, just noticed it was a thing sometime around Heimdall getting released.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    @DAZ0273 I support all of the above.  :tongue:

For real, Wanda is a big deal!  We all know what she's capable of... RESETTING a UNIVERSE.  I mean, all jokes aside, it would seem that SHE deserves the "whales insta-win" power.  :)

But for real, she seems like the sort of character that'd be perfect for a BOARD reset AND shuffle.  Should make it on the cheap too -- maybe 6 or 7 black AP.   Something that changes ALL tiles to basic tiles, and shuffles the board too.

Also, she should be able to add and/or remove the airborne status from any ally/enemy.  Literally.  Like, you cast the power, and you can make X number of allies/enemies switch their airborne status to on/off.  Of course, this might be a little more costly, like 9 yellow or something, and maybe make it last for an amount based on a color of AP... like, 1 turn, +1 for every 4 purple you have.  Something like that, so that it can go longer, but then people like Yelena can have some play against her too.

And finally, I think this should be the passive, because if you know anything about ol' school Scarlet, it's that she plays around with probability... right?  So, I propose that she has a passive power, based on purple AP again (this would make teams running her gun for purple, once again solidifying her weakness too -- kinda like Okoye with TU tiles), that states that all powers with a percentage factor (i.e. increased by X%, or decreased by X%), have that percentage factor increase/decrease by an amount based on her purple AP.  Say it's like 4% per purple AP... so, if Domino increases the chances that black tiles fall down by 100%, and your team has 10 purple AP with this Scarlet as well, then it would instead increase the odds of a black tile by 140%.  Obviously, this would probably be a fair amount of coding, as some powers you'd want the percentage to increase, and others you'd want to decrease.  Also, it's probably safe to say that it shouldn't affect certain powers, like 3* Punisher's red ability.... or maybe it should, and then people would be lured to try a 3* along side a 5*...?  :)

This is just my speculation and/or wishes for a new Scarlet Witch.  There might be flaws, sure... but I think these things can help create the character as close to the real deal, and at the same time, make someone who could actually affect the current playing field (i.e. special tiles, changing the field to potentially have less green and/or TU, airborne to make allies immune to some things, or stop enemies from doing certain things) -- and at the same time, none of it is raw damage.  Just a massive support character.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 189 Tile Toppler
    @DAZ0273

Considering we have Wanda, Vision, and Wiccan already, and the main Wanda + Vision plotline in the comics, I would say Speed (the lesser known twin of Wiccan) or, more likely, Memphisto, would also be good calls for tie in characters. I don't think they ever announced the antagonist of WandaVision and Mephisto is the most likely choice, so I'm calling him as the 5* tie in. 
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    @DAZ0273 : I think the subject is worthy of its own discussion thread. Thanks for reaching out!

**Mod note: Split from What's New MPQ thread.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    @DAZ0273

Considering we have Wanda, Vision, and Wiccan already, and the main Wanda + Vision plotline in the comics, I would say Speed (the lesser known twin of Wiccan) or, more likely, Memphisto, would also be good calls for tie in characters. I don't think they ever announced the antagonist of WandaVision and Mephisto is the most likely choice, so I'm calling him as the 5* tie in. 

Mephisto is a bit of a strange one for me. He actually already exists in MPQ albeit only as a non player story character and I am not sure I would want him as an actual playable character personally.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    We still don't have MCU versions of both Wanda and Vision, so I think it is a safe bet we will probably get a 5 version of one of those, most probably Wanda and then maybe a new 4 Vision? Even though they might not do Vision and wait for a later date to release a 5 Vision.

So yeah, my bet is next 5 or the first 2021 5 is going to be Wanda.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,231 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares said:
    We still don't have MCU versions of both Wanda and Vision, so I think it is a safe bet we will probably get a 5 version of one of those, most probably Wanda and then maybe a new 4 Vision? Even though they might not do Vision and wait for a later date to release a 5 Vision.

3 Star vision is his mcu costume, we don't have his classic costume.  3 star Wanda is her mcu version by default and her classic comic suit is a costume.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    What will we get for WandaVision?  I hope something cool.  

But the part of me that's been burnt by this game too many times thinks:

• Polares
    Polares said:

3 Star vision is his mcu costume, we don't have his classic costume.  3 star Wanda is her mcu version by default and her classic comic suit is a costume.
    Mmm with Wanda you might be right, but with Vision is pretty hard to tell. When did we get Wanda/Vision, was it close to Age of Ultron?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares said:
    Polares said:

Mmm with Wanda you might be right, but with Vision is pretty hard to tell. When did we get Wanda/Vision, was it close to Age of Ultron?
    I believe so.  Both in-game models are based on the MCU actors.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,231 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares said:
    Polares said:

I beleive they both came with age of ultron along with quick silver, also in his ultron mcu costume, and hulk buster.
    Vision costume looks pretty identical to his mcu costume to me with his pink "skin" and blue costume.  Comic vision has a green and yellow costume with red skin.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vision was about a month early, and Wanda, Quicksilver, and Hulkbuster were all around Age of Ultron.

For Wandavision, Wanda or Vision above the 3-star tier would be nice. I'm not sure how likely we are to get a release alongside the show, as much as the release dates have been kept quiet, the devs probably haven't been able to plan to do a release at the same time. I mean, we've missed Black Widow twice due to delays, and had a shift at Infinity War due to a release moving up, so I imagine it would be a nightmare for them to try and plan for D+ shows. Upside is that they might have time to plan. Like, if it's worth saving Wanda for Doctor Strange 2, and Monica Rambeau is a breakout hit character in Wandavision, we could get Monica instead, you know? Downside would be having to wait several months for the tie-in, upside is a greater likelihood of fan-favorite characters getting included.
  • Polares
    Well, if we get House of M Wanda would be even cooler :smiley:  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Would that Wanda just remove any "Mutant" affiliations passively? That would probably just affect Apocalypse's stunnability, but would be funny

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    what if a passive power Switch has is something like "when an opponent fires a power, there's an XX chance to fire a different power from the team".

• ThaRoadWarrior
    I’ve long wanted a power that would force a selected character to misfire a power-spending the AP and doing like 1 damage only
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve long wanted a power that would force a selected character to misfire a power-spending the AP and doing like 1 damage only
    Hmm.  Thats like a throwback to classic PQ games...  Spell Resistance, where the user actually spent the AP, but nothing happened, AND their turn ended!  Man, I hated it when the enemy did that to me.  

It was always a percentage chance though, and only the toughest things had a 100% spell resistance, and even then, it was separated by color.  Like, Fire Resistance for anything that used Red AP.

Could always do that route as a passive in here...  "For every 3 AP your team has in a color, there's a 5% chance to nullify an active enemy ability that uses the same color of AP."  So, if you had 30 blue AP, there'd be a 50% chance to cancel the enemy's casting of Clash of the Worthy.  Obviously, this equation and effect could be tweaked too... like, maybe like Mister Sinister, it also spends 3 of the AP when it works.  Maybe it spends an extra 2 AP if possible and ends the enemy turn... possibilities are endless.