Predicting classic 5* PVE reward?

san
san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
Forgive me if this question is already answered somewhere, I have done searches both on the forum and general web for an answer with no luck. Does anyone know how the classic 5*s are ordered in terms of PVE rewards? The last couple were JJ and Okoye, next up Wasp - I am thinking order of release? Anyone know? If so, can you please link a list? Thanks in advance! 

Edit: it's a question, not a statement. I don't want it to be misleading. Added ? mark :).

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope. They threw the previous pattern out the window with a reshuffling, so it's anybody's guess.

I've been keeping track of the Classics since they changed it around; that's the best we can do.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/83560/new-classic-legends-essential-order-in-pve/p1?new=1
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    There WAS a pattern. They'd run the Classics, and when a character had their last Latest appearance, they would jump into the list of Classics for the next run. They ran four full rotations, adding to it each time it started over, from September 2017 to July 2020. Then they threw the pattern out the window, for no apparent reason (and obviously without explanation, because talking to the players appears to be against their religion).

Best we can do right now is track this current (5th overall) pattern, and make a list in case they repeat it, and keep note of those that haven't appeared yet (the rest will appear sometime between now and next July, more or less).

Several of us track this info, but BlackBoltRocks has done us all the favor of typing it up and keeping it updated on the forums. Maybe we'll get lucky and the 6th cycle will repeat the 5th and we'll be able to predict things again. But until then it's mostly guesswork.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    There are 8 classic 5-Star characters that haven't been featured since CL10 was introduced. Ordered from most oldest to most recently featured:
    1. Wasp (Hope Van Dyne)
    2. Loki (God of Mischief)
    3. Thor (Gladiator)
    4. Storm (Ororo Munroe)
    5. Kitty Pryde (Uncanny X-Men)
    6. Iceman (Bobby Drake)
    7. Cable (Nathan Summers)
    8. Kingpin (Spider-Verse)
    After Wasp has been featured in DPvsMPQ, I'd expect Loki to be next.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Correlation is not causation. Jessica Jones was featured about a month after CL10, and was also featured middle of November. If they were following the pattern you suggest, we wouldn't have gotten Jessica Jones last month, and instead would have had one of those eight. Gambit has also been featured twice in that time period.

AND your list is missing Professor X, Carnage, Beta Ray Bill, Havok, and Immortal Hulk, all of whom haven't been as Classics since SCL10 was introduced (yes, they've been Latest since then, but they aren't on the Latest list anymore, haven't been since early July, the last time the cycle completed)

The reality is that there are 27 Classic 5's left to rotate through, in total, and next up after Wasp could be any one of them.
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    It turns out the next Classic 5 to be featured is...Loki.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    @MadScientist - looks like your predictions we're spot on so far. Maybe you've cracked the code... maybe.
  • Nibby
    Nibby Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    If this is true and Kitty will be featured soon - any predictions which colour will be featured in her Hero for hire?
    If I remember correctly, it was red last time.