Kicking a commander from your alliance?

Seph1roth5
Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
I'm posting this for my friend/alliance leader.  We have 2 people in our alliance that don't play anymore, and he says it won't let him kick out a commander.

One is...his same account but under a different name, before he had it changed, the other is just someone that hasn't played for a long time.

Is there some other method to removing people?  

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    AFAIK there's no way to remove a commander from your alliance besides asking them to leave. It happened with my previous alliance, and the survivors all had to leave and form our own alliance.
  • MTP
    MTP Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    28 days.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    That is correct and only another commander can ask support to remove an inactive commander after 28 days . I’ve done this it was rapidly addressed 
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    They must have changed it as I know I booted a fellow inactive commander that had just hit fourteen days but that was well over three years ago. Thanks for the update!
  • MTP
    What makes it hard is you have no idea how many days they have been inactive, so when you email them,  they will either grant you your request and demote them or tell you its been an X amount of days.  Then you have to email them again.
  • NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    It shows how many days they have been inactive when you look at your alliance members list. I know it was 14 days when I had to do it back in 2018.
  • Helinutz
    Helinutz Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Contact support, if the commander is inactive they will confirm this and demote him to non commander. Once done you can kick as normal. Did this on the last alliance event, so know it works
  • MTP
    It does show how many days for regular members,  but for commanders it does not.  At least for me being a commander of my alliance on my android phone.  Not sure about other operating systems.
  • StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    The biggest issue is if the commander that you are looking to boot was the creator for the alliance. I ran into that as a commander with my old alliance. Contacted support and even though he hadn't played in months, we still opened the app on occasion and logged in without playing. Couldn't get him demoted without waiting even longer. Ended up leaving the alliance altogether.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    We had a founding commander go inactive and we had to just move the other 19 to a new alliance.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, this happened within our alliance once.  We had to do the whole "reach out to Customer Support" route, and it took a while, but eventually they demoted him, we kicked that person, and all was good.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    I'm posting this for my friend/alliance leader.  We have 2 people in our alliance that don't play anymore, and he says it won't let him kick out a commander.

One is...his same account but under a different name, before he had it changed, the other is just someone that hasn't played for a long time.

Seeing some varied responses here so just wanted to clarify a few things...

- Yes, please reach out to customer support if you want to inquire about removing a Commander.
    - There isn't necessarily a strict timeline as everything is a case-by-case basis but 30 days of inactivity is a good starter, however there could be various circumstances depending on the request.
    - Yes, there may have been times in the past before where we would request a new Alliance to be made but we do try to stay away from doing that as we know that is a lot of work for players to organize that.  However, it may be your best option to create a new one if you are trying to create a new Alliance quickly as CS may take a few days to assist.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    I made a support ticket using the in-game help screen to get 3 of my alliance's commanders removed (they're all several months idle) on the 27th.  Still haven't gotten a response. :(
  • LakeStone
    abmoraz said:
    I made a support ticket using the in-game help screen to get 3 of my alliance's commanders removed (they're all several months idle) on the 27th.  Still haven't gotten a response. :(
    Please DM me your ticket number and/or player name and I can follow-up with support.  Thanks!
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    LakeStone said:
    abmoraz said:
    Please DM me your ticket number and/or player name and I can follow-up with support.  Thanks!

Your post was at  1 December 2020 20:47.  I got a response from them asking for the same information that I entered in the original ticket at 23:43.  So ... karma?

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    LakeStone said:

- Yes, please reach out to customer support if you want to inquire about removing a Commander.
    - There isn't necessarily a strict timeline as everything is a case-by-case basis but 30 days of inactivity is a good starter, however there could be various circumstances depending on the request.
    - Yes, there may have been times in the past before where we would request a new Alliance to be made but we do try to stay away from doing that as we know that is a lot of work for players to organize that.  However, it may be your best option to create a new one if you are trying to create a new Alliance quickly as CS may take a few days to assist.
    @LakeStone, is there also a procedure for removing the founder of an alliance who has abandoned the game? That is my situation and we'd all like to remove him (and are confident he wouldn't care; he's been gone for at least several months).

• LakeStone
    Yepyep said:
    LakeStone said:

@LakeStone, is there also a procedure for removing the founder of an alliance who has abandoned the game? That is my situation and we'd all like to remove him (and are confident he wouldn't care; he's been gone for at least several months).

Please reach out to CS as this is something they can possibly do after reviewing the request.  Thanks!
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    LakeStone said:
    Yepyep said:
    LakeStone said:

Please reach out to CS as this is something they can possibly do after reviewing the request.  Thanks!
    Thanks — much appreciated. This is a vexing issue...