Are Polaris covers a mistake

Options
zonatahunt
zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
Title pretty much sums it up.  Shouldn’t Elsa Bloodstone be the alliance progression covers for the Ultron event?  

Comments

• Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    She was rewarded as placement in Webbed Wonder, so now she is due as personal progression in the next story event. Seems okay to me. 

Regarding alliance progression rewards in boss events I never saw a pattern there. And who does not want to have more Polaris covers anyway?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4-star characters cycle on a latest/classic cycle similar to the way 5-stars do, which is why you see new characters more often.

The newest three 4's are Polaris, Negasonic, and Elsa (Red Guardian has not actually entered tokens yet). Those three are going to show up more often than others.

As for why Polaris, specifically? Just happens to be the way it lines up. There's no reason it should be Elsa instead. Given that Elsa is rewarded for Webbed Wonder, she is the last character that should be in alliance progression for Ultron (because she's already in personal progression, as per the normal cycle of characters).
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a different topic. I already started a dupe Polaris so she doesn’t tank Blue over my Okoye. So the mistake would be applying the covers...
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only thing that sucks is that we won't get any shards for Elsa in the boss event.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I only thought this seemed off because Elsa was the Webbed Wonder placement award, which in turn usually means she’d be the progression reward in Ultron.  My mistake was assuming the alliance progression would be Elsa.  As for why I want Elsa, I would have champed her if the alliance covers were her’s, that’s all.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I only thought this seemed off because Elsa was the Webbed Wonder placement award, which in turn usually means she’d be the progression reward in Ultron.  My mistake was assuming the alliance progression would be Elsa.  As for why I want Elsa, I would have champed her if the alliance covers were her’s, that’s all.

I have her champed, and you’re not missing anything, I assure you.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You've got it mostly right.

Elsa IS the progression reward in Ultron. She's under personal progression. Alliance progression is the equivalent of placement rewards since alliance events don't have placement. So same format, Polaris is in alliance progression, that means she'll be in personal progression in the event after Ultron.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:

I have her champed, and you’re not missing anything, I assure you.

I might be slightly delayed in getting that easy LT from champing her, which might affect (minutely) my chances of finishing OMD before he leaves in 2 weeks.  otherwise, yeah, elsa is more or less exactly replacement level and adds just about nothing to a roster when she isn't essential.