CotT: Mr. Fantastic vs. Doctor Doom.

Options
PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
My level 209 5/3/5 Mr. F got completely trounced by Doom on his first attempt. Doctor Doom plotted diabolically not once but TWICE, and sent Mr. F all the way back to remedial math class. On the second attempt Mr. F wised up and brought a little hairy friend along (Chewie), and with judicious timing did some serious damage to Doom with blue. Doom managed to convince some demons to join the fight, but it was too little, too late.

I am sad that Imaginaut hasn't gotten a boost, as it's a neat power both thematically and animation wise. We don't get many powers with such a variety of random effects. Sadly, that two turn wait on the repeater is kind of a deal breaker. If it was one turn I think it would be more useful. 

I decided to be a wild man and open the token, and it earned me a blue Spider-man 2099! That's great news, as he has traditionally been my oldest 4-star with the fewest covers. It brought him up to 4/4/4, so he's golden no matter what cover comes down the pipeline next. 

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This one is always close as Mr. F basically starts the fight with match damage and little else going for him 1 v 1. Doom hit me with a cunning plan quite early but I managed to get Imaginaut out. My plan thereafter was to let Doom have black but that didn't really work out and Imaginaut spent a couple of goes doing useless things until it finally spat out some specials for me. It was coming down to the wire but I stunned Doom and with us both on less than 300 health I managed to finish him off just as he came out of stun. Close one! He will probably claim it was a Doombot...