I'm Out

Options
Theophilus
Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
edited November 2020 in MtGPQ General Discussion

After playing for over 2.5 years, I'm done. I just can't do it anymore. It's not fun.

Recent changes have made the daily grind take far too long to complete. The rewards for doing so are terrible. I'm not paying for VIP (though I have spent a little money on the game), so the only way I accumulate resources is by earning them. two and half weeks into the new changes are enough for me to know that it's not worth grinding any more. Life is too short to waste so much of it on a game.

I know this isn't an airport. I only announce my departure in hopes that it will improve the current state of the game. Surely I am not alone. Maybe someday I'll come back to see if things have improved, but I hope not. 

Edit: I do hope things improve, but I hope I don't come back.

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    :salute:
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My weekday playing has dwindled to almost nothing since 4.5. I like the new set, but the weekday events aren’t fun. Coalition events are what are keeping me around for now. 
  • spellsmasher
    spellsmasher Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    This week itself is really tough, it is like they combind all of the events I dislike most and put them in one week. RaW the most unfair to newer players event. Expedition is getting better, not good but better. Not sure what the purpose of role reversal is, but it is not fun. And size the day is an event I flat out refuse to play. It is not fun and too limiting. Oath 1 & 2 even though they are just standard pve, has some ridiculous requirements. If the events don't improve, I may be one of those who leaves as well. But I am still having a bit of fun trying to collect gold and building decks.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sad to see you go Theo, but I completely understand you. Thank you for playing with us at retirement1. Always welcome should you decide to return at some point.
  • Theophilus
    Options
    The problem comes in when you need to participate in unenjoyable events to scrape together enough resources for your next pack. 
    That's it. Right there. 
    @ArielSira Thanks for letting me hang with y'all for a while. I enjoyed the group.
  • Wolfteeth
    Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You mean, you don’t want to play Nodes of Power this week and get all the lamest rewards ever?? This game is so stingy with the rewards. It’s such an FU to their players.  I teeter back and forth.  This is the worst the game has ever been so i don’t blame people for leaving 
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Haha I Join NoP because there are prizes for earning 0 points (It’s a handful of runes, but costs me one click, so why not?)
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I miss the time when I was so broke in runes ! Now I’m a millionaire 

edit: now I’m a multi-millionaire ! Can’t wait for the moment when I become billionaire.
  • Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hi, Out; I'm Dad.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yer his dad? :o
    I found it interesting that I think the rewards for ToZ have more jewels/crystals than ZE, even if the card packs aren't current. Kinda makes you think... :p
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I can recommend a few other games, if you're looking for enjoyable strategy-style substitutes shoot me a message. :)

I quit VIP, now I get a recurring notification advertising rejoining VIP.  It's disgusting how greedy Oktagon has become, but it's nice having free time again.

It feels like years of my free time have consumed by this game...and for what?
  • arevala
    arevala Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Players just cannot say after last rotation things have changed in a bad way. D3 didnt gave us a single chance to make a fair adaptation to new environment. Instead they just replaced weekly events with worse rewards and so long time needed that people just give up after 3 matches. Gradually they are taking the game to a VIP one, to a pay to win game. And win in this game is no about matches, it's about getting card. Rates for mythics have been always a lie, but after Zendokar Rising they could give even beyond ridiculous. And sorry for those who don't mind spending money for having uncommon, but the most players play hard weekly to gain the resources for that. Sad, but after more of 4 years this game has became a pay to win, and it's sad because it hasn't been like that (gradually now it is).
    The message: we can be rewarded fairly and you can earn money anyway, having a free to play community doesn't make your business weak. Players come and go, but community make the business work or pass by 
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I can recommend a few other games, if you're looking for enjoyable strategy-style substitutes shoot me a message. :)

I quit VIP, now I get a recurring notification advertising rejoining VIP.  It's disgusting how greedy Oktagon has become, but it's nice having free time again.

It feels like years of my free time have consumed by this game...and for what?

I'm (still) paying VIP and I'm getting the same ads in the mailbox. It's not you, it's them 😉
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I quit VIP and stopped playing when they made the VIP changes. It's so nice to have so much time for actually enjoyable things again. :) I still log in, but even that is still as buggy as it`s always been. Today loading the game has been completely impossible, for example.
  • OmniTron
    OmniTron Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support , check out the messages in this thread. It might give you an idea of where and how to improve your game...

• Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options

I know this isn't an airport. I only announce my departure in hopes that it will improve the current state of the game. Surely I am not alone. Maybe someday I'll come back to see if things have improved, but I hope not. 
    The more people write what they think (or why they leave), the better. Maybe finally the devs will realize where this is all going.
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This week itself is really tough, it is like they combind all of the events I dislike most and put them in one week. RaW the most unfair to newer players event. Expedition is getting better, not good but better. Not sure what the purpose of role reversal is, but it is not fun. And size the day is an event I flat out refuse to play. It is not fun and too limiting. Oath 1 & 2 even though they are just standard pve, has some ridiculous requirements. If the events don't improve, I may be one of those who leaves as well. But I am still having a bit of fun trying to collect gold and building decks.
    I think this continues on. For the past two or three weeks, most of the events were rubbish - personally, I enjoyed only Seize the Day. I remember having the same feeling after some of the previous set releases. It does feel like it's on purpose - there's a new set, you want to get the cards, but you have no way to earn any bigger currency.

As a result, the game got sooo boring. Again, on paper it looks good - "yeees, we'll force people to spend real money" and the accountants are happy. However, the game got boring and some people will quit or significanlty reduce their engagement with the it - but hey, I guess the accountants don't care.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sorry to see you go, Theo even though it’s been coming for awhile. I know you have great things in real life and I hope you keep in touch! 
  • Theophilus
    Options
    I stayed away for about 3 months, but now I'm back playing again. The break was good and well timed considering my grad school work. Nowadays I'm hanging with the good folks of retirement1 and trying to better regulate my game time. I do miss my tinykitty fam, though.