Day 3, 4th node of Shield Training Is the Most Hardest One

Options
marvel075
marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
Safe to say this shield training is the hardest one overall, but day 3, 4th node got me stumped out of all of them.

So first i have a lvl 390 3/5/1 Daredevil, (which is already horrible), and for my first run i used my lvl 286 venom (only for the fact that he made enemy protect tiles, to help guardian's red power do more damage). ABSOLUTELY GOT DESTROYED

2nd run i used polaris, i actually got thing out, but polaris was the only one left standing and yeah she got milly rocked around the block.

3rd run WAS A SUCCESS, no one died and i used legion, suppressed blue, black, and red AP with his purple, used his yellow ALOT, and just kept stunning starlord, while withering down thing. The battle only lasted 10 minutes too.
Tagged:

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here's how I did it.  First try.  But I gotta admit... champed 5*s really make these easier.  Kudos to getting it done with a 4*!

https://youtu.be/3mayCs2Gmzs
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4* PX again getting it done first try. Everybody was dead at the end (including my unchamped undercovered Daredevil) except for the nutty invisible professor. Took out Thing first (got one nuke off with The Dude before he went down), Mordo 2nd (competes for Purple and can hit an AoE), then Star-Lord 3rd. Chewie support was on Prof to generate Attack tiles for him to strengthen with every match, and I had Sharon Carter on Daredevil so I could load up on Purple before his untimely demise. Not a single enemy was dead when only the Professor was left, then at the end, every single enemy was dead with only the Professor left.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I keep forgetting to try Legion on this. I wiped with Valkyrie before resorting to Cetacean Ops.
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    Since my legion is realy sad used IHulk got it i 1 try. Thing, Mordo and star lord for last
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I ended up doing it with Profe$$or X/Daredevil (5/2/2 lvl 300) and the loaner. I reversed my usual strategy of targeting Thing first and used Red Gaurdian's red on somebody else to get some enemy protects on the board. Once that condition was met, his red was ignoring them and doing just under 70k damage. I used Professor X to keep people healed, and between Daredevil's stun and RG's stun I was eventually able to win. I washed a LOT of times before I settled on that strategy.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have DD champed and I brought a champed Apoc, so my experience isn't a fair comparison to the OP.... That said, within the realm of my own experience, I found this one easy. Red Guardian's stun was useful and his colors didn't overlap with DD. That meant I had a very easy time making use of almost any board RNG dished out. Even bringing two champed 5's, it's very helpful when the 4* can pitch in.
  • jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Valkyrie's Bounty Hunter fueled my red and The Best Defense clogged up the yellows with strikes, but to make it better, the opponent's team up was a Bird Strike which boosted RG's Man of Action. Once the yellows were all full Alexei started reigning down blows. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Friends and frenemies, I train for this moment every single day of a two week period. And then it is at the end of that period when it happens, my whale points have maxed out again. The opponents are the same and my chosen character is the same, Kitty, but the battles are different. Last time Thing hit me with a Yancy Street Gang and one-shotted my Kitty immediately but I still barely prevailed. Today, however, I had a good start and was able to get a few match fives early on, one of which was of team-up tiles. Red Guardian helped me get tiles out there and I stunned Thing. I was able to finally kill him off but then that jerk Mordo nuked my Kitty. And then he took out my Daredevil. Rude. But by this time I was able to make a couple more team-up matches and then my friends showed up to finish the fight.

TLDR: Whales for days.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    iHulk and a Champed Daredevil are a pretty nice team.  Daredevil gives you strikes when he's healing up from iHulk's self-team damage, and iHulk just comes right back after getting stomped by Mordo's abilities.  Being able to stun Star Lord with Red Guardian was a big help in not letting them fire off too many abilities.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just went with 3* DP again. +4 boost in purple (which coincidentally helped with the daily quest, so yay) and then just target purple and whale them.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dogface said:
    I just went with 3* DP again. +4 boost in purple (which coincidentally helped with the daily quest, so yay) and then just target purple and whale them.

Same here after I tried and failed once.
    BTW, if you have a Quantum Realm support it's worth putting on Deadpool for the chance to start the battle with 5 purple which along with the boosted AP really speeds up Whales.
    KGB
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KGB said:
    Dogface said:

Same here after I tried and failed once.
    BTW, if you have a Quantum Realm support it's worth putting on Deadpool for the chance to start the battle with 5 purple which along with the boosted AP really speeds up Whales.
    KGB
    That's a good tip. Mine is equiped by Ghost ( I usually put supports with synergy perks on the appropriate character, even though I barely use Ghost). So it may be wise to equip it on DP and switch when Ghost is essential.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    With a 1/0/0 Daredevil, I have to use Legion . Granted it took 40 minutes and you have to deny Starlord AOE purple , but it’s worked every event .
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Options
    With a 1/0/0 Daredevil, I have to use Legion . Granted it took 40 minutes and you have to deny Starlord AOE purple , but it’s worked every event .

Legion is the ideal fallback in that he can defeat all 3 single handedly if you have unlimited time.  So he is probably the best suggestion for anyone with only a few covers in the essential 5* in every event.
    For this event, where I have a champed DD, legion was also a great partner.  I was able to put out a tyrannix tile on green fast, and then focused on denying purple, red, and blue in that order.  Mordo did eventually get enough blue, but by then I was able to keep him stunned until another tyrannix tile ended that threat.
    I got extremely close a couple of times with switch too, but the lack of ap suppression got me in the end.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've got a champed DD, so that was nice, and did this node with my 4/2/4 Archangel (of all the possible characters...)

Chased Blue and Purple in order to be able to cycle stuns (using Alexei's blue since that also throws out attack tiles). Archangel's Green and Black both got used frequently in order to keep enemy AP down.

Started with Star-Lord first, then Thing, then finished with Mordo. No enemy passives were triggered. Alexei did take one Yancy Street Special, but was still standing at the end.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First time I’ve had to whale this one. My DD isn’t champed and at 3/5/1 was basically useless. I’m not hip to the Legion tricks either, so I just took the easy way out.
  • Orglmeister
    Orglmeister Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hammer Cap did the Trick. Gather red and Blue, wait until the enemy fires his Falcon Support and then stun Thing. Hit Mordo with guardians red für 60k+ until he is gone. Stun and kill the remaining two. My DD is 4/0/1 lvl 255. of course you have to deny them AP as much as possible. 
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Invisibility. Nuff Said. 
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Umm...
    I just used vulture.

My 5* Daredevil only has a few covers and no iso...

Then the loaner red guardian who uses blue to stun...

Vulture has a cheap black I can activate every turn he comes back, which allows guardian to proc protect tiles while vulture feeds blue...

The combination actually made it easy and all three were still healthy at the end.

This was after several failed attempts to use other characters that usually work.