Marvel Puzzle Quest R215 Release Notes (11/9/20)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R215 Release Notes.

“Apocalyptic silence”

– Family is everything…Protect them at all costs with Red Guardian (Alexei Shostakov), now in select events!

– The ALL-NEW Daily Quests feature is here! Complete challenging tasks each day for bonus rewards!

– (STEAM ONLY) Spidey Starter Pack now available. 3x Spider-Man Classic Covers, 600 Hero Points, and 3,200 Iso-8!

– Kick off the Reality Stone Season strong on 11/12.

Additional Details:

• New Feature! Quests
    • 8 Daily Quests will be available each day:
      • The first Quest is always “Complete 6 Daily Quests”.
      • Some Quests you will see each day (“Complete Story or Versus missions”).
      • The remaining Quests are based on gameplay (collect Yellow AP, Train powers, etc.).
    • Daily Quests are available at S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 6.
    • All Daily Quests have requirements and rewards based on S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank.
    • Daily Quests reset at 11AM UTC/6AM ET (at the same time that Deadpool’s Daily Quest starts).
  • When starting a Versus battle after breaking a shield, selected team-ups and boosts are now equipped correctly.
  • Several 1-star character powers have had their power animations updated.
  • Medusa’s “The Resolute Queen” passive will only play one banner per color of AP gained when multiple enemy tiles are matched in a turn, up to a maximum of three banners per turn.
  • Made various minor UI improvements to the game.

Comments

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ugh....now I have to turn on animations again to see the new 1-star animations.....kidding of course. Thank you for all the hard work you guys put in!
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    KGB said:
    LakeStone said:

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R215 Release Notes.

“Apocalyptic silence”

5* Dev confirmed ;)
    KGB

Thank you. I spilled my water.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Apocalyptic Silence?

One of the Horsemen? Or someone from Age of Apocalypse? Or maybe another Marvel "apocalypse" setting, like the Old Man Logan timeline, or Marvel Zombies?

That's where I start thinking with this clue, but skimming lists of prominent characters, I don't find anything that jumps out at me.

5* Dev seems like the most concrete guess so far.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Apocalyptic Silence?

One of the Horsemen? Or someone from Age of Apocalypse? Or maybe another Marvel "apocalypse" setting, like the Old Man Logan timeline, or Marvel Zombies?

That's where I start thinking with this clue, but skimming lists of prominent characters, I don't find anything that jumps out at me.

5* Dev seems like the most concrete guess so far.

That's an interesting thought - in the Age of Apocalypse, Magneto killed (silenced) Apocalypse. maybe him? he's long overdue in 5star (and was also a horseman in that movie all X-men fans are trying to forget...)
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's also something new in the options called "Tile physics", its a neat little visual effect. It's on Steam, not sure if it's there on mobile.
  • lvsmr2
    lvsmr2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Not on Android as yet
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tile Physics is there in iOS. It’s fun, but feels a bit like the animation curves could use some adjusting - it’s pretty abrupt and mechanical feeling on the phone.
  • itsuka7
    itsuka7 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tile Physics is there in iOS. It’s fun, but feels a bit like the animation curves could use some adjusting - it’s pretty abrupt and mechanical feeling on the phone.
    Is it faster, or just cosmetic?
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    itsuka7 said:
    Is it faster, or just cosmetic?
    Seems cosmetic. The tiles 'bounce' when dropping.
  • StormDragonE55
    StormDragonE55 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If you're going to update and add features, you really should update across the platforms at the same time.  It's really annoying to see two other platforms talking and showing screen shots and 75% of the players I interact with don't have it because you haven't sent the update to android.
  • bluspiritseeker
    bluspiritseeker Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm still waiting this lovely update to hit Android. I'd love to do something with any of the new material, being spoken of. Oh wait...  :( 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, it feels like its sped up or something, looks a bit off at the moment.
  • Dirtytactics22
    Dirtytactics22 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Anyone know if we can expect an alliance event this Thursday (12th) as we have had one this week for the past 3 months.

Also, I hope the next 5* is magneto as that would be great, hoping for some synergy with onslaught and prof x 
  • JHawkInc
    Options
    Never expect anything when it comes to alliance events.

First, it's not been as consistent as you're thinking. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "this week", but the August boss was the 6th event of the month, September/October the 5th event, and the 12th this week is the 4th event this month. Two of the past three were at the start of the third week, the other at the end of the third week (so we haven't had boss events "at the same time" each month even for those three). And if by "this week" you mean the third week of the month, the event that starts this Thursday isn't part of the third week this month in the first place.

Boss events are one of those things that only appear to have a pattern. The reality is that we never know exactly when they're coming. Theoretically we should be getting a 5-star release on the 19th, and it would be nice to get a boss the week after (when that new 5 has a special CP store, so those LTs could go in the boss event, and so we have a relaxed boss event over the US Thanksgiving holiday). But they could just as likely shift things up to get the release (and/or a boss) done before the holiday so they don't conflict in any way. It's a complete crapshoot.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    Yeah, it feels like its sped up or something, looks a bit off at the moment.
    I'm guessing that there is just a linear translation with a canned "bounce" that doesn't have any easing on the transitions to give it life. Feels like programmer art. I do like it though, it just needs to be dialed in some.
  • Dirtytactics22
    Dirtytactics22 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    JHawkInc said:

First, it's not been as consistent as you're thinking. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "this week", but the August boss was the 6th event of the month, September/October the 5th event, and the 12th this week is the 4th event this month. Two of the past three were at the start of the third week, the other at the end of the third week (so we haven't had boss events "at the same time" each month even for those three). And if by "this week" you mean the third week of the month, the event that starts this Thursday isn't part of the third week this month in the first place.

We have had a boss event the week after the 5* release for the past 3 releases at least. I know that the 5* wont be for another week, I'm just hoping that we get a boss event this week (keeping the boss event every 4 weeks) rather than in 2 weeks time. Either way, a preview of whats coming up would be great. 
  • JHawkInc
    Options
    And the two before that *weren't* the week after a 5-star release. The one before that was. The three before that weren't.

My point is that you're noticing a short-term pattern, and that when you look at long-term patterns, you can see that overall they're not consistent, and that short-term patterns are more likely to be a coincidence than a reliable pattern we can use to predict future events.

I agree it would be nice to have boss events more regularly. I doubly agree that a preview of upcoming events would be great. But to the base question "Can we expect a boss event?" The answer is always no. It's not a very satisfying answer, but it's the truth, unfortunately. Sometimes they come consistently, but then sometimes they just outright disappear for a month or two without explanation. It is what it is, I guess.