New character: 4* Red Guardian

MrPlow
MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
edited November 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
His preview is up for the Introducing event.  You can preview his powers by clicking his shards.  So that's two 4* in a row.

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep.  Just came to the forums to say the same stuff.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like he is doing Protect Tile Stuff; I wonder if he always was, or if this is a reaction to the BRB/polaris meta?
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    He looks ok to me. I like this design. Definetly wait for more info.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like a 5,5,3 and pair with BRB.  I’m not sure I like the stun himself mechanic with his blue.  He can also work well with Polaris.  
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    Looks like a 5,5,3 and pair with BRB.  I’m not sure I like the stun himself mechanic with his blue.  He can also work well with Polaris.  
    Totally understand, regarding the stun thing.  But I like the mentality it's supposed to reflect...

I imagine its supposed to be that stereotypical collar and elbow lockup, so both of them are engaged but can't do much else.  The attack tiles are the applied pressure/pain that he's causing during it. 

It's things like that that I appreciate about MPQ.  Now to find those characters that do stuff when your guys get stunned... like 5* Black Widow....  hmmm....
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    wymtime said:
    Totally understand, regarding the stun thing.  But I like the mentality it's supposed to reflect...

I imagine its supposed to be that stereotypical collar and elbow lockup, so both of them are engaged but can't do much else.  The attack tiles are the applied pressure/pain that he's causing during it. 

It's things like that that I appreciate about MPQ.  Now to find those characters that do stuff when your guys get stunned... like 5* Black Widow....  hmmm....
    The real question will 5* BW trigger.  Her black will stun the enemy for 1 turn.  The issue is the target character is stunned my Red Guardian.  Will she add one or break the game.  If BW does add an extra turn on the stun it would be better.

for his blue I think it would be better with just a 3 turn stun at level 5 instead of needing to have special tiles out.  He has multiple powers that are situationally better.  

I like your your thought process on taking him to the ground and the power is themed
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if she'll trigger; doesn't she need to have an ally start the turn stunned to do something? with a 1-turn stun, he may not start a turn stunned. Also it being self-stun makes me wonder; what happens with IM40?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seeing the costume that is gonna be in Black Widow Vs the original Red Guardian costume in the cover used makes me very nostalgic for the latter. Obviously we have to have the movie costume but it makes me a little sad.
  • marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    he looks mad basic for a 4 star tbh, i can already see his shield training being trash.

• jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Captain Russia gets released during this election...
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Isn’t there already a MPQ topic on him from the devs ?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because he posted 4 hours earlier than the dev.