My Polaris is champed!

So besides sharing my joy I'm here for one reason. What do you think gang? Is the extra turn of stun on Level 4 of Blue worth dropping one of her passives down a level? Currently I am using the setup 4/5/4 or 4/4/5 because I really appreciate that extra turn of stun, but the damage is so nice too... Where do you all land on this one? Appreciate your feedback on this!

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    The stun is good but I like the passive damage more, it really starts to ramp up in a special tile making team (I use her with Kitty & BRB). Also in that team Polaris & Bill compete for blue so it isn't 100% I would use her stun anyway, more situational if it is needed to put a kibosh on someone.
    Really though, any combination you use is a winner.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm a 4/5/4 player myself.  That extra turn of stun, ESPECIALLY if you're trying to set up the win-finite combo, can really turn the tide.

The extra damage IS nice though.  I get it.  I just prefer the extra turn to ...ignore someone, like iHulk, Okoye, ProfX, etc.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polaris is the first character I have ever consistently changed her makeup depending on the opponents.  This all depends on whether I need the stun or not for a node.  I will take the extra 30 seconds or so to make the change and find it can make a huge difference in the match.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me, that extra turn of stun is worth WAY more than any extra damage.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 189 Tile Toppler
    Thanks guys, appreciate it. 

PiMacleod said:
    I'm a 4/5/4 player myself.  That extra turn of stun, ESPECIALLY if you're trying to set up the win-finite combo, can really turn the tide.

The extra damage IS nice though.  I get it.  I just prefer the extra turn to ...ignore someone, like iHulk, Okoye, ProfX, etc.
    This is my favourite of the set ups as well dude. If I go in with a blue ap boost and a BRB I can take the problem enemy off of the board essentially on turn 2-3, and then the others get locked down quickly as well. My 1st solid combo was Karnak/Chavez, if you use some ap boost and crit boost you get what I like to call You Have 4 Turns, Use Them Well. Then I got Maria Hill and Skrull, both fun and useful but not ZA BEST! I'm juuust about done with my Gr4cketnaut combo, the Ultimate Wave Killer. Polaris is my first really meta winfinite tho so I'm quite enjoying it.

DAZ0273 said:
    The stun is good but I like the passive damage more, it really starts to ramp up in a special tile making team (I use her with Kitty & BRB). Also in that team Polaris & Bill compete for blue so it isn't 100% I would use her stun anyway, more situational if it is needed to put a kibosh on someone.
    Really though, any combination you use is a winner.
    Polaris is the first character I have ever consistently changed her makeup depending on the opponents.  This all depends on whether I need the stun or not for a node.  I will take the extra 30 seconds or so to make the change and find it can make a huge difference in the match.
    I'm with you guys here too though, she's just really rather powerful in any form. IMHO, Karnak and Polaris are both better than any 5* this year. Spirit of Vengepool is pretty darn solid but he doesn't combo quite as well in my limited experience playing him. Really appreciate the Devs for giving us early 4* players stellar characters to shoot for and ways to achieve that goal.

I often will retool my build on some characters depending on the team I'm using and what I'm specifically speccing against, particularly since I'm still in the early 4s. It's really nice when a character is really versatile too, since most of the best build most of their strength off of a main passive or active power and the supporting abilities have an obvious level setup, be it a 5/3 or 4/4 split for the remainder. Polaris is the same, but all 3 skills are so good and have such synergy that you can mix it up more often without feeling you're giving yourself a handicap just to test your mettle, tho that's fun too haha.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    4/5/4 if you are 5* (PVE CL9/CL10) Player.
    3/5/5 if you aren't.

I am in the latter and am loving every battle I bring my Polaris to (which is most of them, tbh).
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is really cool that early 4* players have these very good characters (us older ones are not moaning either!) to use - takes me back to 2017  when the 4* meta was so so good with a run of great 4* releases. Enjoy your Polaris @NemoAbernnigan however she gets specced!
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    So besides sharing my joy I'm here for one reason. What do you think gang? Is the extra turn of stun on Level 4 of Blue worth dropping one of her passives down a level? Currently I am using the setup 4/5/4 or 4/4/5 because I really appreciate that extra turn of stun, but the damage is so nice too... Where do you all land on this one? Appreciate your feedback on this!
    Extra stun all day long. Apologies for hitting you a load of times in Daredevil btw, I was late-climbing and ran out of other targets very abruptly 😬. 

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 189 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2020
    Rod5 said:
    Extra stun all day long. Apologies for hitting you a load of times in Daredevil btw, I was late-climbing and ran out of other targets very abruptly 😬. 

Haha no problem my friend. They say hate the player not the game but I hate neither : p
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is Polaris a good character to have?
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    That stun 4 turn is essential. Once you’ve got the BRB blue generator going you’ve got stunlock in 10 to 15 turns. 
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Personally, I have had no issues running her @ 3/5/5 but that is in a winfinite (Storm variant). The extra turn of stun is nice, but I almost always find myself saying if I need 1 more turn of stunning, I’m doing something wrong. Most commonly it’s either an issue of damage spread (switching targets at the right time) or ap management (color denial). Definitely stop at 4 blue though.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5 if I'm playing winfinite. That extra turn doesn't help since I'll be filled with blue ap. 

Even when she is paired with R4G, opponents are down pretty quickly.

• PiMacleod
    3/5/5 if I'm playing winfinite. That extra turn doesn't help since I'll be filled with blue ap. 

Even when she is paired with R4G, opponents are down pretty quickly.

That's my PvE go-to.  Kitty/R4G/Polaris.  some nodes are down in 2 matches or less!
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    The biggest struggle now is to remember not to match Rocket's tiles in the essential nodes. It's an easy mistake on auto-pilot.
  • HoundofShadow
    Don't you find Kitty slowing down your match? I find Polaris/R4G/Juggernaut faster.

As for essential nodes, I'm replacing Juggernaut with Polaris. Matches are much faster. 
  • PiMacleod
    Don't you find Kitty slowing down your match? I find Polaris/R4G/Juggernaut faster.

As for essential nodes, I'm replacing Juggernaut with Polaris. Matches are much faster. 
    Not really.  There have been games where strike tiles are out of reach.  For those games, just standard Gritty play still works.  So, either Polaris is putting out work with boosted Gritty stuff, or Kitty is throwing down mad damage because Polaris can't touch the tiles.  It works rather well.  And like I stated, sometimes I win in 2 turns!

As far as essentials go, during the EASY nodes, I'm using Th5nos and Th5r (for obvious health-lowering reasons).  That way, when its time for essentials, Thor is nice and tenderized, and becomes Apoc's BFF.  So, it doesnt matter who the essential is... I'm gathering yellow and red for Apoc to use them and punch peeps as quick as possible.
  • HoundofShadow
    I forgot that you are playing SCL 10. That explains the huge difference in thinking.  :|