New Boosts Suggestions!

Options
PiMacleod
PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
Boosts are still relevant.  We still use them for extra AP to start, or extra damage...  we still like them, and in some occasions will even spend the ISO (or HP!) on them, depending on what's required, and what's on the line.

I have a few suggestions for new boosts that I think people would enjoy using.

• Start with 1 randomly placed Strike tile (strength is equal to the highest level character on your team)
  • Start with 1 randomly placed Protect tile (strength is equal to the highest level character on your team)
  • Start with 1 randomly placed Attack tile (strength is equal to the highest level character on your team)
  • Start with 1 randomly placed Strike, Protect, and Attack tile (strength of each is equal to the highest level character on your team)
The "start with one" boosts could be bought with ISO, much like the normal AP and damage boost ones.  The start with 1 of each boost could be bought with HP, much like the boost all AP/damage boosts.

Two thoughts come to mind about these -- 1) It's possible that some might think it's too much of a gamble -- the enemy could match your tile, and it'd be gone forever!  This is true... and its also why I think they should be bought cheaply with ISO.  Also, these COULD be stackable, much like AP boosts!  Let's say you could stack up to 4 of each one.  That's 4 strikes, protects, or attacks... or 4 of each if you're doing the expensive one!  But this plays into my secondary/counter thought -- 2)  The last boost allows too many specials to start the fight with, potentially.  Well, if that's the case, let's scrap that last one, and make three DIFFERENT boosts that would be purchasable with HP...

• Start with 1 randomly placed fortified Strike tile (strength is equal to the highest level character on your team)
  • Start with 1 randomly placed fortified Protect tile (strength is equal to the highest level character on your team)
  • Start with 1 randomly placed fortified Attack tile (strength is equal to the highest level character on your team)
This could allow people to start with that extra tile, and have it withstand a match early game.  Having these instead of the "one of each" boost might be more useful in the end -- especially if you could stack them!

Having any/all of these boosts could do a few things to the PvP game.  Going against a Kitty, but your only go-to teams INCLUDE tile users?  Throw a couple of these boosts on to delay Kitty's purple a few turns longer!  Maybe this could buy you the time needed to take her out!  OR... maybe you're running a fortified team, using Shuri, Heimdall, etc.  Those last 3 boosts mentioned could jump start your engines, allowing you to get a leg up quickly.

Finally, a last idea for a boost...

• Charge 1 random basic tile at the start of the match
This could help jump-start charge-tile characters (5* Storm, Black Bolt, Lockjaw, etc).  Make it stackable, like up to 5, or even more!  Also, since it's easily lost to the other team's cascades, make it a cheap one, purchasable with ISO.
Tagged: