Up til 3 am for Challenge of the Courts? Why?

Options
Endbringer
Endbringer Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
If I am to be able to do all of my fights in Challenge of the Courts, my next fight is at 2:10 am and then the other node is at 2:37 am and the last node at 3:04 am. That's crazy! I have to wake up early in the morning. Why in the world should I have to stay up that late if I'm to stand a chance at ranking decently in this event. Why in the world are the nodes set to reset hours apart????????? For what reason? This needs to change. No events should be designed this way.

Comments

• Endbringer
    Options
    Not to mention staying up that late to finish, with the chance of losing an object or fight and potentially getting placed in a bracket which only offers some dang runes. (Which is likely from just a single loss). Just runes. Smh. A several day event for this. 
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Endbringer - that sucks! Remember, your health is more important than a measly prize. If you feel finishing an event would jeopardise your day tomorrow, always and I mean always, walk away from the event.

I hope you get a nice day!
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Many events that end at a convenient time for North America do not end at a convenient time for the numerous players around the world in other time zones. 

The solution is to revise the node system, rather than arbitrarily deciding what time zones to disadvantage. 
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Only once did I fully play CotC because of the ending time. Now I just play till progression and enjoy the free time. The recharge system of TCT is awesome and I can't wait until it will be implemented in all events.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    The Terror in the Shadows even (whose acronym we sadly cannot use here) used to have its last refresh come at 2am EST.  Back in the days when how quickly you finished your fights controlled your rankings (no ties!) this was a common problem.  The Boss-Health PvE events also used to have that problem when health got low for the 3am refresh.

It sucked then and it sucks now.  Sorry you felt obligated to wake up and do it, I never did.
  • Endbringer
    Options
    I just wonder if it's possible to segregate people from different time zones into their own brackets and have the last fight round be set for a decent time for each time zone's bracket.. Also, I'm looking into the future and thinking to myself "If I am to stay caught up with all of the vanguards from this new set, by the time the next new set comes out (with the good chance of pulling duplicate rare vanguards), I need all of the jewels I can get." This includes me paying for numerous exclusive bundles with the VIP bonus from almost every set drop, and not using my jewels to go for exclusive masterpieces or mythics from the basic set. It's still required that a person get almost every jewel to ensure they complete a vanguard collection before the next set arrives. 4 CotC 1st place victories that could equal 120 jewels could go out the window on a duplicate vanguard time and time again (which is just evil) and it requires a lot of effort to complete the set of them before the next release, especially if you plan on heading into the next set with a fair amount of jewels to pull a few vanguards when it drops.