2020 Anniversary. Quite bad isn't it?

Options
2»

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In my opinion, shards work better to cover 4* characters, while bonus heroes was better for 5*s.
    This is something I don’t have a great perspective on since I didn’t really struggle to cover them before either. The effect it has had on 4*s is not a hill I’m willing to die on. The feeders change feels detrimental from a farming perspective and overall everything feels slower. I don’t have metrics to support that though.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In my opinion, shards work better to cover 4* characters, while bonus heroes was better for 5*s.
    I guess it depends on how lucky you were with bonus heoes. Under bonus heroes I can count on one hand the number of times I ever got a bonus 5 star. Plus I never would set my bonus 5 star as one of my 5's stuck with a 5/1/5 type build since I would likely get another of the wrong color. So I couldn't target the 5's I really wanted to.

Under shards I've already been able to finish six classic 5 stars, with pulling shards and scl 10 pve shards, and things got even faster when they introduced bonus shards on top of shards. In my experience shards are way more generous than bonus heroes were. I've gotten so much more in the short time that shards have been around than I did under all of the years that bonus heroes were a thing.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’d still be in 4* land without the new shard system . I’m thankful for the change , the past year has been a huge roster growth for me . I can compete in PvAI and CL 10