Kaervek/Jirina interaction lag [Investigating]

Gunmix25
Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
Pre update, when Jirina Kudrow was cast and Kaervek, The Spiteful was in play, the first 2 tokens would be animated as they are killed off by Kaervek the rest would stack in mere seconds.. i.e. 40 tokens from Daxos' experience. Now what happens is every single token resolves and dies in 3 to 4 second intervals... the animation is ridiculously long and arduous to sit through. Nothing in the game that I know of resolves in this manner. Due to the mechanics of Jirina this will prove to be extremely problematic for gameplay and not ideal for time. I request that the prior effect be reapplied the process. As it is... animation is super buggy.

Comments

• Gunmix25
    Even with animations turned off. This is still occurring and vastly slowing the game down. I have screen shots but am unable to make a video unless someone can advise me on how to do so. The annoying flash animation is a bug in my book. 
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    The way the ball of light comes from Kaervek and gives the illusion of coming closer, before exploding with the particles up close... it is giving me motion sickness and I have to look away.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards

Thank you for the feedback, this issue will be investigated!

In order to help us, please provide the following information (you can PM me the answer if you prefer, or send it to Customer Support in-game):

• Is it related to trigger, mechanic, text, or other?

• Which Event/Battle?

• BattleLog screenshot;

• All cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

Thank you,

Marcela.

• Gunmix25

Thank you for the feedback, this issue will be investigated!

In order to help us, please provide the following information (you can PM me the answer if you prefer, or send it to Customer Support in-game):

• Is it related to trigger, mechanic, text, or other?

• Which Event/Battle?

• BattleLog screenshot;

• All cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

Thank you,

Marcela.

The issue has gotten worse with the latest maintenance update. I sent you a detailed message via PM. 
  • Gunmix25
    For those not in the know:

A refresher of the problem. The issue surrounds the interaction between Kaervek, Jirina and Black Market. 

The Planeswalker is Daxos

the deck I use:

Jirina Kudro
    Black Market
    Kaervek, The Spiteful
    Castle Locthwain
    Atheros, God of Passage
    Unholy Hunger
    Mythos of Nethroi
    Pharika's Libation
    Soul Shatter
    Kelsien, The Plague

The issue is in regards to the cards in bold. 

When Kaervek and Black Market are on the battlefield and I have activated Daxos' third loyalty (which allows for Jirina to drop more tokens upon being cast). When I cast Jirina, the card would then show two animations of tokens being created and then promptly killed off by Kaervek's ability. This would also trigger Black Market to increase in shields with each death. But what happens after the first two animations is frustrating. I will do my best to explain it.

the animations for spawning tokens stops (as it should) but what happens now is that as each token that would be created and then die is now animated by some weird slow building light flash that sources from Kaervek and spreads across the screen ending in a flash and then Black Market will increase its shield, then this would repeat. This animation would take about 3 seconds to resolve for each token created by Jirina, killed by Kaervek and then populate Black Market's shield by one.  That was what was occuring at the time of my post in Bugs forums regarding the matter.

After the update yesterday Nov. 17th, the issue had gotten worse. The effect for each token now takes 6 seconds to resolve. A flash will source from jirina and spreads across the screen ending in a flash and then a flash will source from Kaervek and spreads across the screen ending in a flash and then Black Market will increase its shield

visually I will see this: the below is a play by play description of the combo in action

1. Kaervek is on the battlefield
    2. Black market is on the battle field
    3. Daxos activates his 3rd loyalty ( or may have already activated it a few turns prior. point is that he has experience for jirina to use now)
    4. jirina kudro is cast
    5. jirina lands on the battlefield
    6. Kaervek triggers and applies negative modifier to jirina
    7. jirina triggers her experience ability and begins to spawn token soldiers.
    8. 1st token spawns and lands on the battlefield
    9. Kaervek triggers and applies negative modifier to token soldier
    10. token soldier dies
    11. Black market triggers and increases shield by 1 (this entire spawn, negative modifier being applied and black market increasing its shield takes about 2 to 3 seconds at best to resolve)
    12. jirina triggers and creates the next sequential token based on the number of experience Daxos possessed at the time of casting.
    13. 2nd token spawns and lands on the battlefield
    14. Kaervek triggers and applies negative modifier to token soldier
    15. token soldier dies
    16. Black market triggers and increases shield by 1 (this entire spawn, negative modifier being applied and black market increasing its shield takes about 2 to 3 seconds at best to resolve)
    17. jirina triggers and creates the next sequential token based on the number of experience Daxos possessed at the time of casting.
    18. a spot of light appears over Jirina on the battlefield and spreads out at an angle over half of the battlefield resulting in a flash that whites out the screen for about 1/2 of a second. this takes 2-1/2 seconds to resolve. (I assume this is the spawning action? As I do not see an image of a token soldier when this occurs)
    19. a spot of light appears over Kaervek on the battlefield and spreads out at an angle over half of the battlefield resulting in a flash that whites out the screen for about 1/2 of a second. this takes 2-1/2 seconds to resolve.  (I assume this is the negative modifier being applied and said death of token action? As I do not see an image of a token soldier when this occurs or the negative modifier being applied)
    20. black market then triggers and increases its shield by 1. steps 18, 19 and 20 take about 6 seconds to resolve.
    21. jirina triggers and creates the next sequential token based on the number of experience Daxos possessed at the time of casting.
    22. repeat steps 18, 19, 20 & 21 until all of the tokens have been spawned, killed and black market has been increased sequentially with each token's death. repeated cancels of the timer is needed to finish out resolving a singular Jirina cast and token stack interaction with Kaervek and Black market.
    this can take 6 minutes to resolve if I have a high enough experience upon casting jirina. but it does trigger the timer every single time because it is so slow.

Prior the release of Zendikar and the most recent maintenance update, the effect went as follows and I absolutely loved it! it was clean, fast and efficient. This is what I would love to see the devs return to. Heck I even encouraged other players to use the combo because the resolvement was so fast.... no way in heck now.

but here is how it went prior release and maintenance:

2. Black market is on the battle field
    3. Daxos activates his 3rd loyalty ( or may have already activated it a few turns prior. point is that he has experience for jirina to use now)
    4. jirina kudro is cast
    5. jirina lands on the battlefield
    6. Kaervek triggers and applies negative modifier to jirina
    7. jirina triggers her experience ability and begins to spawn token soldiers.
    8. 1st token spawns and lands on the battlefield
    9. Kaervek triggers and applies negative modifier to token soldier
    10. token soldier dies
    11. Black market triggers and increases shield by 1 (this entire spawn, negative modifier being applied and black market increasing its shield takes about 2 to 3 seconds at best to resolve)
    12. jirina triggers and creates the next sequential token based on the number of experience Daxos possessed at the time of casting.
    13. 2nd token spawns and lands on the battlefield
    14. Kaervek triggers and applies negative modifier to token soldier
    15. token soldier dies
    16. Black market triggers and increases shield by 1 (this entire spawn, negative modifier being applied and black market increasing its shield takes about 2 to 3 seconds at best to resolve)
    17. no more animations occur and Black market starts rapidly increasing its shield count on the battlefield until it reaches the number of tokens that jirina would have created and Kaervek would have killed. this step can take a few seconds, but to give you an idea, its about 10 tokens per count of 10 shields per second. Which means jirina and kaervek triggers are spawning and killing 10 tokens per second after the first two token animations occur and Black market is merely recording the action with it's own trigger. I believe this was intentionally and ingeniously designed by one of your devs but the code was altered after the release of Zendikar and worsened by the maintenance update.
    The remaining cards in the deck don't appear to have any bearings on the combo as I have had only Black market on the field and this still occurs.

For the record, if black market is not on the battlefield, this occurs:

2. Daxos activates his 3rd loyalty ( or may have already activated it a few turns prior. point is that he has experience for jirina to use now)
    3. jirina kudro is cast
    4. jirina lands on the battlefield
    5. Kaervek triggers and applies negative modifier to jirina
    6. jirina triggers her experience ability and begins to spawn token soldiers.
    7. soldier token spawns and lands on the battlefield
    8. Kaervek triggers and applies negative modifier to token soldier
    9. token soldier dies
    10. jirina triggers and creates the next sequential token based on the number of experience Daxos possessed at the time of casting.
    11. next  token spawns and lands on the battlefield
    12. Kaervek triggers and applies negative modifier to token soldier
    13. token soldier dies
    14. repeat steps 10, 11, & 12 until the total of expected tokens have been spawned. (this takes about 2 to 3 seconds per spawning, there is a token spawning and landing on the battlefield animation with each spawn.
    as you can see it is time consuming. but I almost never went this route unless working to complete an X creatures you control are killed in a match objective. But more worth the effort having Black Market in play.