The order in which supports are cast...

Smokincookz
Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
Seems to have a consistent correlation with “at the beginning of your turn” (BOYT?) effects.

If I cast multiple different supports, both with an effect at BOYT, it seems they trigger in the order that they were cast in. No idea if “end of your turn” effects are the same. 

I love this, it is so far a consistent feature, and helps/hinders immensely, depending on tactics. It is only good IF you are aware of it-  you can be disadvantaged by it too, which is very unfair if you are unaware of this rule.

For example, the way I noticed this, was by casting Cabal Coffers first, and Black Market second. This is not nearly as good as Black Market triggering first, then Cabal Coffers. You want the BM to convert gems to black, and then CC after, to gain increased mana with more black gems! I thought the order they trigger in would be random, but this is preferable, IMHO. Again, IF you are aware of it...

Is it a recent change? I have not noticed this until recently. If so, why was it not announced? This is something every player should be aware of- if not, many are not playing to their full potential. This is a complex game, and I believe a more detailed rulebook is needed.

I did not know this until today, nor have I checked with any other gem converters or other BOYT effects, other than the two mentioned above. I have Mortal Combat in the deck too, but I usually destroy Greg well before it can give me 15 loyalty. However, I expect it would behave the same, triggering in the order it was cast.

For creature based BOYT effects, I’d expect it to be similar. First, second, third, if they have an effect at BOYT. However, I have not observed this for a consistent pattern, yet...

Also, just now updating to newest version, so we’ll see if this is retained. I expect so!

Comments

• Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    It would be nice to have these confirmed as intentional, as it does greatly affect gameplay for the better, and adds a lot of potential for synergy, I think. But, for the THIRD time, the player needs to be made aware to take advantage, otherwise they may cast in an improper order and lose benefits.

I also do not think the BOYT effects should be in a random order. Please. It would be nice to finally have a consistent feature, but is still subject to RNG. If you cheat things out, or don’t bother to arrange your hand, you are at the mercy of RNG for the order in which they are played. This is a good balance though, for those who want to cast vs summon. It rewards a strategic gameplay style in particular, which I think we need, given the trend with Kalemne.

If this is not intentional, please, Oktagon, at least consider what both sides want most. I prefer it this way, but not all may agree. So far, it does seem to be working consistently! I only made this post to make the players aware of a huge “hidden” rule in the order of operations.

I think it is important we are all on a level field, as far as gameplay rules go. Keeping it hidden for personal gain only would not be cool. I’d rather risk a feature I like than keep it hidden from everyone. I also expect someone else would notice it eventually, if they have not already.

Maybe I’ve been living under a rock, and this is noted somewhere already? 
    Feel free to test it out with whatever “at beginning of your turn” supports you have!
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's really obvious with Song and Magic Mirror. Depending on the order you cast them, you either get 2 cards to keep... or 2 cards to discard.
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Same with Thassa and killer instinct.  If you have only one creature at the end if the turn, you can't miss it.
    Hint: cast Thassa first:-)