Hellcat vs. Black Widow

Options
qandols
qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
Now I do not think I have the staying power to try this more than a few times. An adversary that cascades into black and purple and poor lil' kitty has to spend the match either stunned or chasing an invisible enemy who also negates the little damage you had a chance to cause. If anyone wins this let me know.

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tried 3 times, last time with +2 all and +100% match damage. Still got wiped, very frustrating
  • Ed5566
    Ed5566 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    A real pain that one. Took 2+ yellow/red/purple. Deny purple was key. Saved enough purple and red to deal with Widow invisibility tiles. Not fun for my 280 hellcat
  • qandols
    Options
    Hell cat is a typical support character and not very good on her own. It is very difficult to chase red and purple enough to down BW if you are stunned all the time, heh.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    My Hellcat is champed (281) and I lost outright the first time (stunned to death after she went invisible).
    Spent a health pack and on my 2nd go around she went invisible even faster! So I retreated and went in again with half health (7K or so) and the board had lots of red and very little purple. I used red 3x and won easily without Widow ever firing a power!
    I'd say it's do-able for under covered Hellcats but you'll have to retreat until you get a favorable board (low purple). You should not fire your Red until you have enough to fire it twice. The reason is because you can use your own Purple to bring her invisibility tiles to the bottom and then destroy the row (via your Red). Hence you always need to keep enough Red in reserve in case she gets her Purple off.
    KGB
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This one was stupid hard, even though i tried denying her purple, there would be some cascade and she’d go invisible then stun me. 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just recently champed Hellcat (just a few days ago), so I was looking forward to this one. 5/4/4 level 271 Hellcat. I managed it on my first try but it was a long, slow, dangerous battle. I had a pretty lucky board, and managed to go purple->red to take her invisibility tiles out not once but twice. We both had no trouble getting the colors we needed, so it was a interesting crash for me. I also managed to bury a couple of strike tiles in corners and kept pumping them up with yellow, so that helped me out a bunch as well (she managed to heal herself twice). 
  • qandols
    Options
    Yeah, you need loads of luck and nerves of steel for this one. I got neither so I'll pass on this one to save me from tossing the game out the window  :D
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a lovely little tricky Crash! 4* Widow might be a support character but she has all the tools for 1 v 1 whereas Hellcat needs time to build and in certain order.
    First time - I did not deny black - Widow had me stunned, a lot.
    Second time - I came in prepared - + 2 R/Y and P/B to get a head start. Deny black. Chase purple and red. Once you have these filled, let Widow chase purple whilst you chase yellow and continue to deny black. When Widow puts out her invisibility tiles, fire purple, then red, then yellow. Repeat chasing purple & red and denying black. Hellcat ended up with 4k health from a baby champ starting place but it got the job done - it was particularly nice to finish her off by pulling her invisible tiles to the bottom row where they matched themselves!
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After a few tries, I had a lucky board. I tried to deny black and purple, with the added benefit of purple being a useful color for me. I managed to not get stunned and not having BW going invisible on me. 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Thanks to my alliance for reminding me about those easily forgettable support things.  Was resigned to this being my first missed crash in many moons.  

Added L200 Chewie to my L74 1/1/0 Hellcat.  Took 2 tries, got a nice cascade early on the 2nd attempt so was doing +2500 attack tile damage per turn quickly.  Then deny purple and black to survive a few more turns. 

Got a Killmonger for my efforts 
  • qandols
    Options
    I finally tried again. Used +2 red/yellow and +2 blue/purple and 50% matchboost. Was stunned once, but had otherwise an extremely lucky board and could pump several red and purple attacks on widow and down she went. LT was a Killmonger cover, taking him to 4/2/3.