Team Select Filter

JHawkInc
JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
Now we have this spiffy new Team Select screen, easier to see dozens of characters and scroll through them, saved teams are an awesome new feature, etc.

Part of this includes new filter options, that were previously introduced when the Roster screen was updated. The Filter option lets us pick items to reduce the number of shown characters, from star-level, to power color, whether or not they have a support, and whether or not the characters are powered up (ooo, neat, I'm just noticing that one for the first time). The Level option allows us to change the sort method from Level order, to Alphabetical (both A->Z and Z->A options).

X-Men vs Apocalypse got me thinking.... what if we could also Filter by Team Affiliation? I enjoy playing this event with X-Men only teams, and being able to filter by X-Men would speed up that process. And it would be a great tool for anyone who likes to play thematic teams like that.

Conveniently for this event, you can Filter by powered up characters to a similar result, but that only includes the X-Men chosen to be boosted, and technically includes the featured characters even if they aren't X-Men.

But I digress.

tl;dr Team Select Screen, if we could Filter by Team Affiliations, that would be neat.

PS It might also be useful to expand Affiliations if such a feature is implemented. Like being able to filter by space-faring or cosmic characters, so you could easily build a team from the Guardians and Carol Danvers and Nova and Silver Surfer that might logically fit together well for Honor Among Thieves. Or filter by NYC based heroes for Venom Bomb, so we can run our Spider-People alongside characters that would be involved due to location, like Doctor Strange, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Misty Knight, Daredevil, etc.

Comments

• Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2020
    I think the new team select is a fantastic upgrade over the previous version.

I would also like to see the ability to put a custom tag on certain characters.  It would need to be separate from "favorite" because that's already used for shards, but something similar.  Something we could mark on certain characters so that if all we want to see is that selection, we can choose the filter.

Also if the filters would be remembered at the start of each team select instead of resetting, that would be nice.
  • benr69
    benr69 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I second that custom tag. Teams are great when all 3 slots are open but when you have to play with a required character saved teams aren’t useful. There are certain characters I use to complement required characters & would like some way to tag them. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Now we have this spiffy new Team Select screen, easier to see dozens of characters and scroll through them, saved teams are an awesome new feature, etc.

Part of this includes new filter options, that were previously introduced when the Roster screen was updated. The Filter option lets us pick items to reduce the number of shown characters, from star-level, to power color, whether or not they have a support, and whether or not the characters are powered up (ooo, neat, I'm just noticing that one for the first time). The Level option allows us to change the sort method from Level order, to Alphabetical (both A->Z and Z->A options).

X-Men vs Apocalypse got me thinking.... what if we could also Filter by Team Affiliation? I enjoy playing this event with X-Men only teams, and being able to filter by X-Men would speed up that process. And it would be a great tool for anyone who likes to play thematic teams like that.

Conveniently for this event, you can Filter by powered up characters to a similar result, but that only includes the X-Men chosen to be boosted, and technically includes the featured characters even if they aren't X-Men.

But I digress.

tl;dr Team Select Screen, if we could Filter by Team Affiliations, that would be neat.

PS It might also be useful to expand Affiliations if such a feature is implemented. Like being able to filter by space-faring or cosmic characters, so you could easily build a team from the Guardians and Carol Danvers and Nova and Silver Surfer that might logically fit together well for Honor Among Thieves. Or filter by NYC based heroes for Venom Bomb, so we can run our Spider-People alongside characters that would be involved due to location, like Doctor Strange, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Misty Knight, Daredevil, etc.
    Holiday Quest Challenges, such as play 3 battles with members of the Champions on your team, got me thinking...wouldn't it be GREAT if we could Filter by Team Affiliation?!
  • Qazzy
    Qazzy Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    There are some further suggestions for filter and saved teams :
    1. Filter by affiliations and skill effects (like stun, airborne, invisible, create/strengthen tiles), this may help players find certain characters in hundreds of slots.
    2. Saved team editor not only adjust the name but the members, and can save with only 1 or 2 in the team, the unselected ones in saved team can filled by random character just like team-ups, or the essential one.
    3. If 2. is too complicated, at least apply saved teams to fights that need essential ones, just replace the middle one, that will be helpful too.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Qazzy said:
    There are some further suggestions for filter and saved teams :
    1. Filter by affiliations and skill effects (like stun, airborne, invisible, create/strengthen tiles), this may help players find certain characters in hundreds of slots.
    2. Saved team editor not only adjust the name but the members, and can save with only 1 or 2 in the team, the unselected ones in saved team can filled by random character just like team-ups, or the essential one.
    3. If 2. is too complicated, at least apply saved teams to fights that need essential ones, just replace the middle one, that will be helpful too.
    @Qazzy

You can trick the system by saving a team with a "throwaway character" in the middle slot.  When you sell the throwaway character off your roster, the slot they occupied in the saved team will be blank, allowing you to select it on nodes with a required character.