Apocalypse’s stun immunity is bugged

PapaBurger
PapaBurger Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
I had just downed the enemy Polaris and then fired my Polaris’s stun on Apocalypse, but he was “immune” even though he has no active mutant ally. As a result, he was able to fire “survival of the fittest” on me. 

I was able to stun Apocalypse on a later turn. It seems like his stun immunity doesn’t go away until the turn after his last mutant ally is downed, but that is not what his power’s description states. 

Comments

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    The game’s been like this for a while and the same affects other characters too, it looks at the condition at the beginning of the round only. I had the same q as you a while back, agree the wording doesn’t match how it works, but now that you know you can plan around it.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think helix is right and it's an order of operations issue.  Many of those 'When contingency X, Y ability procs' powers are checked once at the start of each turn, rather than updating dynamically, and apoc's stun immunity appears to be one of them.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, that was... let's say surprising.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    He is immune until the next turn. I thought this was brought up in another post a little ways back.
  • PapaBurger
    He is immune until the next turn. I thought this was brought up in another post a little ways back.
    That could be. I’m not very active on here. 

I’ve noticed it before, but I was never quite as sure of myself regarding what was going on as on this 2020 event. Facing Apocalypse with a stunner is fairly rare, but it’s happening a lot in this event. 

So previous rare occasions I would think, “shouldn’t that stun have worked?” This time it was, “That definitely should have worked!” 

• PapaBurger
    helix72 said:
    The game’s been like this for a while and the same affects other characters too, it looks at the condition at the beginning of the round only. I had the same q as you a while back, agree the wording doesn’t match how it works, but now that you know you can plan around it.
    Yeah, plan to get walloped by Apocalypse