CotT: Taskmaster vs. Cap'n

Options
qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
I gave my level 275 TM the most damaging tasks I could think of; Red - Buncha Fiddle-faddle and Black - Moon Silver Blades. Blue I set to Speed Shot, one might get lucky with a match five. Gave him extra Black/green AP and Red/Yellow. After a couple of moves I had enough black/red and let it loose on the poor cap. He did not take it well. I got a 4* champ level from the LT, I usually do.

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My level 132 4/1/4 Taskmaster was greatly helped by his very own Taskmaster's Sword, which is one of the highest leveled supports I have (even though it's only rank 3). Just for the fun of it I decided to roll a die to determine which abilities to set for each color of Tasky's toolkit - it ended up being a pretty good mix, with Moving Target, Speedshot, and Nightstalker. I got Nightstalker out early, expecting it to keep down Cap's red, only to remember... yellow is his strongest color. Oh well, it stuck around the whole match, and, sure enough, Cap never got the 700 yellow needed to cast his ability. Taskmaster's sword did the majority of the work to be honest, as I never got enough red to cast Moving Target, and Speedshot never triggered. Cap popped me with his red once, but it did a lot less damage than I expected, and then he considerately matched his own countdown the same turn.

Saving the LT for now, as I put a pretty sizable dent in my hoard in my excitement to champ Polaris.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Tasky picked up some covers during Anniversary to make it to a reasonable 5/3/4 build and whatever level it was I took him up to (maybe 185 - not sure). My power set was exactly the same as qandols above. So he was well prepared for his annual bout with Cap this year but what made it even sweeter was the very first board had a match 5! With speed shot on the board, Cap was looking nervous and sure enough, I soon hit him with a doubly whammy of Moonsilver blades and swift arrows, leaving him open for a quick faddle delevered in size: Bunch'a! See you next year Cap - it will be even worse then!!! :D