Killmonger As Featured 5

With Apocalypse moving out of LL today and into Classic purgatory, Killmonger is know the oldest 5 in LL. Mine is currently at 3/4/8 and hoping to champ him

I would like to hoard tokens (since I already have some covers for OMD and Heimdall) and hopefully get 500 shards through SCL10 progression to get the last cover. Hoping I won't have to set him as a bonus 5* to stop getting Kitty shards.

What are the odds that he will be featured twice between now and whenever the new Deadpool drops into Latest?

Comments

• _Vitto
    _Vitto Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    The current cycle of featured 5*s in PvE is latest-latest-latest-classic-classic, afair.
    Supposing an average of 4 days per PvE, it will take another 16 days for Killmonger to be featured.
    Ghostpool will enter latest roughly 16 days from today.

My guess is there will be probably another event with featured KM before DP enters tokens.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    He’s already been essential 4 times, and 4-5 seems to be the new normal. I think if they make Onslaught an essential on the 10/16 event, then that lends support that Heimdall will get a 5th event also. But the likelihood of a 6th?... Probably pretty small.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    DP will enter packs on 11/2.  Killmonger will be essential for one PVE from 10/15-10/26.  He would then be essential for one PVE from 11/2-11/12.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2020
    Onslaught - not Apocalypse - will probably leave LL tokens today. But regarding your question no one knows for sure. There was a threat I can't find anymore where people were discussing how often a five-star was featured before he left tokens. And you could see that there was no pattern for that. Sometimes a latest was skipped because he gave shards for a new release. Sometimes someone (Apocalypse) got skipped without reason. 

As Killmonger was just featured in Webbed Wonder and will not be the featured in D5adpool's  coming release event you could predict that he will be featured at least one more time. Now it's SamDaken, after that 2 classics, then the next LL cycle with KM, Heimdall and SamDaken. This could be intterupted by a Boss Event. Then it's two classics again. During that time KM will leave tokens and could be replaced by SamDaken in the following LL  cycle. 

My forecast is that he will be featured only one more time.
  • StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Ares76 said:
    Onslaught - not Apocalypse - 
    Thanks for catching my error. The store is already updated with Heimdall and Onslaught is out.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    My assumption is he will be featured at least once more, possibly twice, but the questions really becomes will he be in the rewards both times?

It looks like DP5 shards will replace a latest as SS is giving Gambit shards as placement, meaning he will be featured and in progression rewards for DP vs. MPQ which is DPs release event. (he'll be in Placement rewards then, which will take the place of another classic 5) So KM should be rewarded at least once more. A second time is a question of whether he will be replaced with a new 5 release instead.

I'm in a similar boat, he's at 2/5/5 with 140 shards, so I need 2 more sharded events to complete him.