Here Kitty, Kitty!

Nibby
Nibby Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
Hey folks.
Unfortunately I only received 2 Kittys out of 60 fan favorite pulls and wanted to ask for your expertise. 
My Kitty is now at 2/2/2 with 1000 shards left to invest. I'm especially keen on getting her to 5 yellow or purple covers. Am I right in assuming that 5 yellow covers will speed up my pve time? 
Right now I have about 300 CPs left and 
I'm planning on investing my cp in Kitty's next Hero for Hire. Can someone please tell me, when this will be? That would help me evaluating how much of my CP I can use for the fan favorite store. What would you do? 
Thanks! :) 

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    The delta between 4 and 5 covers is more important for purple (ie overwriting CDs).  Plus, if your Emma isn't 280 yet, you have a guaranteed yellow coming anyway.

But if you are going to pull more, i would not buy a 5th cover for any color.  Having to save a cover would suck.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I’m generally with @Vhailorx. By way of comparison, my Kitty is level 456. Here is the damage boost on Yellow:
    2: 410
    3: 450
    4: 530
    5: 662

Each one caps at 5 tiles max. Bear in mind that the delta for you will be much less since your Kitty will be so much lower leveled.

Her Purple, on the other hand:
    2: 3-turn, 13915 damage
    3: 2-turn, 13915 damage
    4: 1-turn, 13915 damage
    5: 1-turn, 13915 damage, also can remove countdown tiles

If all you care about is speed, then Yellow is likely to help you more. So say you play SCL 6 or 7 and have no problem carving up enemy goons before their CD tiles go off.

But for higher SCLs, the faster repeater tile resolution and it being able to hit enemy CD tiles is clutch. I played SCL 10 long before I was a 5* player so 5 in Purple was way more important to me. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah... I agree with the above solutions -- my only hesitation would be "what SCL are you playing?"

I mean, if you have a chance to get 5 in purple, you can easily overwrite goon tiles without much worry.  This makes playing SCL 9 or 10 so much easier/safer. 

However, I do understand that capping one of your powers off like that before they are champed is a situation most of us never want... the idea of saving a cover down the road for a 5* is highly annoying (but I guess we should be thankful that it's an option still).
  • Nibby
    Nibby Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Thank you for answers! I've decided to go with 5 purple first. You convinced me that this will be my way into higher SCL.  :)

Does anyone know when Kitty's Hero for Hire is coming and which color will be offered?