How good do you think 5 Deadpool will be ?

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
edited October 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
Looks like we'll be waiting several days for more info on 5 Deadpool.

How good of a 5 do you expect him to be ?

D3 obviously has a crush on Deadpool for some reason. He has his own PVE event, the daily, now the Nighly Games coming. His 3 and 4 star varieties were considered by most to be very useful. I expect the 5 Deadpool to be pretty decent as well, just hope he isn't stupid broken personally. 

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    we have gotten some good 5* around anniversary.  We got Thor DD.  And we have had some ok ones Carbage last year.

I think DP could go either way.  They could make him stupid strong or they could make him more like an anniversary trophy where he is good enough to champ but that is it.  

Since he is someone I have wanted in the 5* tier I hope he is strong.  With health at 57k I hope he has some true healing can hit hard since he is a ghost rider as well.  It would be interesting if he got synergy with other GR too.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    I’m prepared to be disappointed. I remember the hype around Carol. People thought she’d be amazing because her 4* was amazing. Thought she’d usher in a new meta. We were so so wrong. 

The big End Game 5* ended up being Rescue. Huge dud there. 

Cable... huge fan favorite. Was an Anniversary character. Lower mid tier at best. 

Samurai Daken... another MPQ original! Thought he’d be the 5* version of Peggy (The OG MPQ variant). Then we got his numbers. 

I get he’s a 5*, fan favorite/popular character, MPQ original being released for anniversary. But history shows none of that means anything. I’m hoping he’s at least Apocalypse level strong, not holding my breath. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    wymtime said:

Since he is someone I have wanted in the 5* tier I hope he is strong.  With health at 57k I hope he has some true healing can hit hard since he is a ghost rider as well.  It would be interesting if he got synergy with other GR too.
    I'm hoping Penance Fare (his Black) is a duplicate of 4* Riders Black with the addition that all the health that's removed from the opponent heals Deadpool. Especially since his 3/4* versions have similar quirky heal mechanics.
    KGB

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Using current data, both Deadpools have 

1) true heal
    2) CD tiles

and both Ghost Riders have
    1) repeater tiles
    2) deals more damage to opponent dealing damage

Penance Fare is likely to be a variation of Ghost Rider's Penance Stare with some true healing.

Abyssal Blades somehow reminds me of Moonsilver Blades. It's going to be some random attacks and it might have some repeater based effects as well.

Wade and Measured sounds like some ap manipulation or board tiles colour conversion, and hopefully a stun thrown in.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Using current data, both Deadpools have 

1) true heal
    2) CD tiles

and both Ghost Riders have
    1) repeater tiles
    2) deals more damage to opponent dealing damage

Penance Fare is likely to be a variation of Ghost Rider's Penance Stare with some true healing.

Abyssal Blades somehow reminds me of Moonsilver Blades. It's going to be some random attacks and it might have some repeater based effects as well.

Wade and Measured sounds like some ap manipulation or board tiles colour conversion, and hopefully a stun thrown in.
    Maybe wade and measured is he drops a taco truck on the opponent.  The name of this power reminds me of a Knights Tale.  “You have been weighed, you have been measured, you have been found wanting!”
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds good. 

Penance Fare could be Deadpool running towards the opponents and stuffing their mouths with Spicy Tacos, and then he drops the Taco Truck on them with Wade and Measured while they are on the floor, burning from the inside out.
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I think the heal will be on red, like with 4* Deadpool. I base this of course on nothing.