Fastest clear for PVE events?

SaltnPeppa
SaltnPeppa Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
Anyone ever fully clear (drain) every node on the pve events in under 15 mins?  I'm looking for a fast team that I can do while on the john without making me tense so I can do my business.

Comments

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Depends which CL....
  • SaltnPeppa
    Rod5 said:
    Depends which CL....
    How about CL 7?
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    15 minutes is possible with a good-sized 5* Thanos/champed 5E/Grocket.

Okoye/3* Thanos and Medusa or iHulk would probably do the trick too.

Outside of 5*s, Gamora/R4G/Thano3 might do OK but I don’t think 15 mins is likely doable otherwise. Happy to be corrected though.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    In SCL 7 you're looking at 40-60 clears, depending on whether you are looking to get first 4 or go to green checks.

With the amount of time it takes just to get through node selection, node confirmation, team selection, boost/team up selection, possible story dialogue, starting passive powers, final cascade, victory banner, point awarding, claiming rewards, and possible bonus rewards if applicable...  And then after all that there's the actual time it takes you to beat the enemy team... I can't imagine anyone gets that done in under 25 minutes.

As others have said your best chance would be high leveled 5* Thanos and 4* Rocket and some combo of the 5E, Gamora, or maybe Polaris one you can get some champ levels built up... But I still don't think you can get through all the unavoidable delays that many times in 15 minutes or less.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 7 can be done in 20 minutes for non-wave nodes heavy pves in the initial clear. Some 5* players clock it under 20 minutes. Main critieria to clock under 20 minutes are goons heavy and non-wave nodes heavy pves.

Here's the breakdown:
    3 x easy nodes x 4 clears: ~3-4 minutes
    3 x hard nodes x 4 clears:  6-7 minutes
    3 x essential nodes x 4 clears: 8 minutes
    1 x 5* node x 4 clears: ~ 3-4 minutes

For goons heavy nodes, you can easily shave off 1-2 minutes from hard, essential and 5* nodes.

You either Thanos or Juggernaut your way. The other thing is you can't take 1-3 seconds for each move. You need to know which tile to move before your turn begins. 

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not surprised, yet still admire that you just pulled the 20 minutes stat for SCL 7 out of... somewhere... @HoundofShadow  :)

...Just out of curiosity, do you know what that time is for SCL 10?  Plain curiosity and nothing else.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I play competitively and I have a clock app on another device. So, it's not something created out of thin air. 5* players definitely clock all initial clears under 20 mins in SCL 7 for non-wave heavy nodes. Tile movers and wave nodes add another 5-8 minutes for me, depending on the events.

For SCL 10, initial clear seems to be ~20-25 mins for 550s roster. The rockett shared his timing before in this thread:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/930941/#Comment_930941

I'm not sure how things are for the latest changes. I assume it should be under 30 mins with the latest change to 2 grinds.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards

For SCL 10, initial clear seems to be ~20-25 mins for 550s roster. The rockett shared his timing before in this thread:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/930941/#Comment_930941

I'm not sure how things are for the latest changes. I assume it should be under 30 mins with the latest change to 2 grinds.
    Dang!  That includes the challenge node?!

Wow.  Yeah, I've got baby champs (highest is 460 Goblin)... I'll stick with progression.  :)
  • Sendikelm
    Sendikelm Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I'm playing SCL9 and my PB is 16m for 1. sub in Venom Bomb (with R&G4 boosted). More recent example: 19.5m (the same sub with Apoc boosted). Similarly easy is 3. sub in Ultimate ISO-8 (19m usually for me).
    And as a competitive player I am super slow. A lot of players is faster than me in SCL9. They usually need 15-20m only for most of subs.
  • SaltnPeppa
    Thanks everyone for the comments!   Devs, please do more quality of life updates.  I want to be able to use the toilet and play in 15 mins or less without tensing my sphincter.  Thanks.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Which CL is it you want to do in under 15? If you mean 10, good luck without 550's. If you mean 7, it's quite doable with 4* roster in the 290-300 range for your meta characters so you might be able to get there with targeted sharding and a bit of spending depending on where your roster is now.
    KGB
  • SaltnPeppa
    KGB said:
    Which CL is it you want to do in under 15? If you mean 10, good luck without 550's. If you mean 7, it's quite doable with 4* roster in the 290-300 range for your meta characters so you might be able to get there with targeted sharding and a bit of spending depending on where your roster is now.
    KGB
    My rosters are only 4*.   I normally use whoever is powered up and America Chavez and Karnak, at level 286 and 275 respectively.

But based on what you wrote, I'll need to take them to level 300 so I can clear CL 7 in under 15 mins.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even at 300 you likely won't be able to do it in under 15 minutes. The reason is it takes till turn 4 to get Karnaks crits and massive damage boost. That means several turns of waiting and matching.
    Juggs/Grocket/Guardian are vastly more efficient because they 1 match all the trivial nodes and most of the non-essentials can be done in turn 4-5 as well which is just where America/Karnak are getting started. The essentials take a few more turns since you don't have Guardian to boost Grockets strikes.
    KGB
  • SaltnPeppa
    edited September 2020
    KGB said:
    Even at 300 you likely won't be able to do it in under 15 minutes. The reason is it takes till turn 4 to get Karnaks crits and massive damage boost. That means several turns of waiting and matching.
    Juggs/Grocket/Guardian are vastly more efficient because they 1 match all the trivial nodes and most of the non-essentials can be done in turn 4-5 as well which is just where America/Karnak are getting started. The essentials take a few more turns since you don't have Guardian to boost Grockets strikes.
    KGB

Who's Guardian?  The only Guardian I know is the guy from Alpha Flight, which we don't have in the game.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    @SaltnPeppa
    Guardian of the Galaxy. Grocket’s strike tiles get a significant boost when there is another member of “the Guardians” on the team.
  • SaltnPeppa
    Thanks everyone!  Cut things down a bit :smile:
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    KGB

Who's Guardian?  The only Guardian I know is the guy from Alpha Flight, which we don't have in the game.

Guardian (of the Galaxy)
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Theghouse said:
    In SCL 7 you're looking at 40-60 clears, depending on whether you are looking to get first 4 or go to green checks.

With the amount of time it takes just to get through node selection, node confirmation, team selection, boost/team up selection, possible story dialogue, starting passive powers, final cascade, victory banner, point awarding, claiming rewards, and possible bonus rewards if applicable...  And then after all that there's the actual time it takes you to beat the enemy team... I can't imagine anyone gets that done in under 25 minutes.

As others have said your best chance would be high leveled 5* Thanos and 4* Rocket and some combo of the 5E, Gamora, or maybe Polaris one you can get some champ levels built up... But I still don't think you can get through all the unavoidable delays that many times in 15 minutes or less.

It really does depend on team and boosted 5 for super fast clears.  In Infinite Pursuit, I used boosted Onslaught (456 unboosted), Prof X (468) and Immortal Hulk (450).  I was doing initial clears in CL8 in at least 21 minutes (took a screenshot.)  Only two people finished faster than me on that occasion (and I largely suspect, based on the first places zero champed 5s and the second places three champed 5s - none of which were Thanos - that some shenanigans were afoot.)

Webbed Wonder took me longer as I had to switch to Okoye/iHulk.  I realized too late that I should have thrown 3Thanos in there.
  • Dirtytactics22
    Dirtytactics22 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    pheregas said:
    It really does depend on team and boosted 5 for super fast clears.  In Infinite Pursuit, I used boosted Onslaught (456 unboosted), Prof X (468) and Immortal Hulk (450).  I was doing initial clears in CL8 in at least 21 minutes (took a screenshot.)  Only two people finished faster than me on that occasion (and I largely suspect, based on the first places zero champed 5s and the second places three champed 5s - none of which were Thanos - that some shenanigans were afoot.)

Webbed Wonder took me longer as I had to switch to Okoye/iHulk.  I realized too late that I should have thrown 3Thanos in there.
    Definitely no shenanigans, I regularly play cl8 and can finish most events in around 18-20 minutes placing t2 using rocket, juggernaut and either a guardian or Polaris. I use rocket and Polaris for the essential nodes.
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I think Scorpion purple may rewrote the books on clearing wave nodes. If Okoye passive can boost his three strikes enough to kill 2 characters (wave node hit points are often low), then Scorpion purple becomes self feeding.  Just keep firing until its over.