Congrats, we have a new Bishop/HammerCap

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
That Polaris node with Blade and Lockjaw in Simulator 2 is the most annoying since Bishops heydays. As soon as there are strikes around it takes forever to end it. All that jumping in front and reacting four to five times each move makes me crazy.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Time to turn animations off.
  • qandols
    I have tried that but it makes the game dull in my opinion. By using Kitty and BRB I take minimal damage at least. The Apocalypse node is an other thing. I just had the AI crazy cascade and had enemy powers flung at me until I clicked RETREAT. I so hate Simulator...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    ...it makes the game dull in my opinion.
    I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately it's a necessary evil in PvE, especially when doing optimal clears. Though I do it to cut time spent even when sub-optimal. When I start a PvE sub I turn animations off. As soon as I'm finished I turn them back on and enjoy them in all other areas of the game.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was initially worried about that node, but 50% Thor/Apocalypse plowed through it pretty comfortably.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    qandols said:
    That Polaris node with Blade and Lockjaw in Simulator 2 is the most annoying since Bishops heydays. As soon as there are strikes around it takes forever to end it. All that jumping in front and reacting four to five times each move makes me crazy.

I used Chavez/Karnak (instead of my normal Juggs/Grocket) and didn't have much problem doing my initial 4 clears in CL8. One clear they got a couple of strikes out but I matched them. Lockjaw is no where near Bishop/HammerCap level of annoying.
    KGB
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2020
    Cardusa works too.

In my case I did a mistake - I choosen SCL 8 instead of 7 and my roter is to low for Simulator in such cases. If it wasnt for new character release it would be not a problem but it is so for my Alliance sake I did what I could. I got wrecked, my roster is resting. And I confirmed few things

1. You do not need boosted characters to win. They are helpfull but not required as I mostly was forced to use the others I have.
    2. It is almost necesary to have a much as possible character at usable level. Even the non-meta. I used like 20 champions: most promiment was Karnak, Spider-Woman (awesome black*), Quake (awesome yellow*), X-23 (I confirmed that 5/5/3 build is better than 5/3/5), Juggernaut and Teen Jean (lv 192 fully covered 5/3/5). I mention that because lastly someone said that rostering everyone is pointless: its HP wise to roster best ones and rotate others with shards. I just proved that sometimes it is not wise. I wouldnt be able to do clears without using broader roster of 4*.

*Quake Yellow passive is helpfull in today's 4e node when she blocks all damage from Sentry Team Up and Maria's blue and Cloak&Dagger AOE. Spider-Woman black was awesome too when paired with Anti-Venom as black tank. And - what a surprise - 5/3/5 build helped me win. Her's red splash dmg downed invisible Maria and C&G and stunned Domino for enough time to down her. I am glad I champed both of them recently.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you think this team is the new stunner Bros, then I am not sure you understood what made the stunner Bros powerful.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Yeah but today we got triple bags! Surely that makes the whole simulator worthwhile... Triple bags ftw!

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, my most-annoying-fight of the Simulator went to the Spider team.

Anti-venom/2099/Miles

O.  M.  G.

All that web spam, AP generation, and healing/damage.  Crazy effective against me.  I was using the standard Thorkoye stuff, and even tried Grittynaut... both options just got walloped so easily!

Thankfully, I only go for progression, so after clearing it twice, and the rest of the essential/challenge nodes once or twice, I had progression in the bag.  So yeah.  I was NOT gonna stress over that spider team for another win.  :tongue:
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    far and away that was the hardest node i hit as well. I did it 4x, but I don't at this point remember how. Apoc/Thor for some for sure, but i may have used Onslaught/X too.
  • qandols
    I made the mistake of bringing Gritty to the node. Polaris and Lockjaw was having a field day with my strikes.