Hiya Devs - A quick plea about Anniversary!

Options
2»

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    Options
    As someone who doesn't sharget my 4*'s (other than the new ones to get them champed ASAP) I find that dilution has meant Devil Dino now levels faster than most of my 4* because I typically get 10-12 of him a year (3 from my resupply every 365 days and 8-10 from Anniversary).
    After anniversary this year I should have Devil Dino around L305 or so and the only 4* I have higher than that are the ones like Carol/Medusa/Peggy etc that were released during the latest 12 era when you could really get them covered and champed.
    I don't come close to getting 10-12 levels on 4*s now that there are 100 of them.
    KGB
  • shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    I second the ideas of more limited character availability or even making them no longer limited. 
    Another easy idea I would love to see for the anniversary (and maybe do it every anniversary) is for everyone to have their prologue unlocked again.  The rewards are not so good that this would be game breaking and I haven't revisited those levels in so many years.  I can only imagine what doing them with some of the newer characters would feel like.  I'm sure it would be a cake-walk but I bet it would be fun to do when you do not have time for an important shield hop and just want a match or two.  Since it would cost them nothing I would love for them to do this and then we would have until next anniversary to complete it if we want for fun or for the meager rewards, and those who do not care could just ignore it.  
    Either way, looking forward to the anniversary like every year.  Should be fun!
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    DAZ0273 said:
     I bet Devil and Kingpin have a beer every Friday talking about the old days.
    I'm sure Reed is there as well.

I thought Reed was sitting in the corner by himself brooding since he and Doom aren't currently on speaking terms.
    :p
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Dormammu said:
    DAZ0273 said:
     I bet Devil and Kingpin have a beer every Friday talking about the old days.
    I'm sure Reed is there as well.
    I have to admit that I only champed Reed after his changes and so don't really recall what he was like pre-nerf. I don't actually mind new Reed apart from his blue which seems more complex than I remember.
    His CoTT was ungodly hard.  You had to double match the imaginaut to get any kind of damage out put or something like that.
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    I remember when I championed my Devil Dino years ago and people were like "Why would you do that, he is terrible" to which I would reply "he's a meat shield, nobody is gonna attack me with him on my team, he has 20,000 health, he is UNBEATABLE!"

Oh poor, foolish, naïve me....
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Needs More Ham!!!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I could also do with some Ham. The question is: do I champ some Duck? The Dino got champed last year for Anniversary, so I guess I could make this a yearly thing with those Limited I get covered but I honestly just have never bothered using Howard. Does he play well with anybody?
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Howard can put out multiple invisibility tiles. That used to be his niche but now 4* widow and legion both do it too and I would argue that legion is significantly better.

I've used him quite a few times in the 1 on 1 side node in the basilica boss event. He works quite well against venom, for example. 

Overall his kit is ok. He has invisibility and a stun along with tick damage. His green removes green from the board which limits its value somewhat but the rest is ok. He's not meta so you're better off looking for fun teams to incorporate him into.