Balance of Nothing

Borstock
Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
I was looking forward to the Balance of Power PvP, thinking it would be an opportunity to use some different teams, at least early on. Everybody being equal means new viable combos, right?
Well, I guess I was being naive, because every player is running the same old, same old teams (minus Bishop/Worthy, but plus Polaris). And since we're all about instantaneous massive dmg now, bring lesser characters at your own risk.
This PvP used to be fun and unique. I used to run Spider-squads in this one.

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have used multiple teams with good success. One being Killmonger/Karnak/Chavez.

Of course I’ve been taking Ls on defense, but who cares the “reward” is Talos.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll give you Killmonger, but Chavez and Karnak aren't the types I'm talking about.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    BoP has always been a slaughterhouse. You either enjoy it or you don't. Me? I'm more of a Combined Arms guy and I have no problem beating up some seed teams on BoP for a couple tokens and then ignoring it for the rest of its duration.
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I love BoP and Combined Arms.  Such a nice deviation from normal PVP. 

That being said, this BoP serves one purpose - to confirm The Age of Polaris is upon us!   
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think BoP should be run once per month or once every two months. I'm having a good time in this event beating down 5* players.  :D
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I think BoP should be run once per month or once every two months. I'm having a good time in this event beating down 5* players.  :D
    Exactly what I believe , these 2 events , it doesn’t matter if you’ve played 2 years or 7 years , you can beat down those players who run all over you in every other PvAI. I second this vote 
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Rosraf said:

That being said, this BoP serves one purpose - to confirm The Age of Polaris is upon us!   

That was my experience too. I did my climb last night and would get delighted seeing Gritty  teams knowing it'd be an easy win for Polaris (with backup from Sabertooth). The Queen is dead, long live the Queen.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, so far I’ve only seen one BRB/Kitty/Polaris team in there. I hulkoye-apocalypsed them in short order, and went right on with my day. Are people struggling with Polaris opponents?
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    My MMR must be low cause I see Polaris rather rarely. Lucky me.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Most of us have Polaris with bad coverage. That combined with her low health in general, make me view her as more of a liability. Not sure if this is how other players view it...
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    krakenoon said:
    Most of us have Polaris with bad coverage. That combined with her low health in general, make me view her as more of a liability. Not sure if this is how other players view it...
    For BoP, the health isn't an issue, since they are all put to the same level.  I've been using my 2/2/2 Polaris, and she still packs a mighty punch with and/or against SAP tile users.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    krakenoon said:

As a play-for-wins player a team of Polaris / BRB / 4* Thanos made my BoP playing very quick & fun, even with Polaris being under-covered. It didn't always work but when it did it worked really well. And I don't care about defense so I'm happy to be an easy target for everyone else. I find them to be on par with Thorkoye in that they make PVP tolerable.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i WANT to use more teams, but got frustrated when I couldn't find my toons.
    apoc was beside freaking 1* juggs.
    so I went with gritty and Polaris the whole event because I didn't want to tap 20 times to find a specific character. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited September 2020
    Based on what I see, this is how characters are ordered in BoP:

1. 13 cover / champed 5* in alphabetical order
    2. 13 cover / champed 4* in alphabetical order
    3. 13 cover / champed 3* in alphabetical order
    4. 13 cover / champed 2* in alphabetical order
    5. 13 cover 1* in alphabetical order
    6. 12 cover 5* in alphabetical order
    X. 1 cover 5* in alphabetical order

• Rosraf
    Wow, so far I’ve only seen one BRB/Kitty/Polaris team in there. I hulkoye-apocalypsed them in short order, and went right on with my day. Are people struggling with Polaris opponents?
    Polaris isn’t even in the token pool yet. So the fact that she is showing up regularly speaks volumes.  And yeah, she’s all offense.  She’s only a threat on defense with bad luck/bad boards.   My Polaris is undercovered and still shredding special tile teams. 
  • HoundofShadow
    I see a lot of Polaris. Her teammate that I saw, based on my memory, includes:

5*
    Carnage, Kitty, BRB, Apocalypse

4*
    Juggernaut, R4G, Medusa, Carnage, Thanos, Sabretooth

• himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I've been trying to be creative and use lesser characters like Mysterio or Emma Frost but yeah it's really boring when you have to fight nothing but all those meta teams. Polaris isn't the most fun to fight with, honestly. 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Even winning without Polaris is pointless because now you have a bullseye on your back.
  • Rosraf
    MrPlow said:
    Even winning without Polaris is pointless because now you have a bullseye on your back.
    I don’t hesitate to hit Polaris teams.  It takes pretty bad luck for her to become a problem on defense (IHulk worries me more).  Frankly, there isn’t a team I definitely skip in this BoP.  The overpowered combos on offense can take down just about anyone quickly. 
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Rosraf said:
    MrPlow said:
    I don’t hesitate to hit Polaris teams.  It takes pretty bad luck for her to become a problem on defense (IHulk worries me more).  Frankly, there isn’t a team I definitely skip in this BoP.  The overpowered combos on offense can take down just about anyone quickly. 
    I can beat 5* Carnage + Medusa + Polaris but gosh it's so annoying to fight with all the effects happening every turn + healing. I more likely to skip this team because of how annoying it is 😞