best strategy for kraven/carnage/sabretooth

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
Now that the stunner Bros are no more?  This team is pretty absurd at level 600+, so I feel like tips are always welcome.
(Note, I would like to target advice for deep 4* -- baby champ 5* rosters; just so everyone has a frame of reference).
*Polaris should be useful in this now when people have her covered.  but she might be overwhelmed for clear 3+ in cl10.
*IH/vulture should also be viable if you can keep the black ap flowing. But carnage really does suppress ih's green.
*Invisibility will work if you can suppress red and drop carnage first, but it will be risky and take a long time. And survivng long enough to get invis is not trivial against this team.
*Supports that generate ap at the beginning of a match are especially useful (e.g. purple to get invis quickly). 
Personally, I used thorkoye + dd for 2 clears and HE/cousin/gamora for #3. But it took more tries that I would like. 

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    Gamora, Coulson, Hawkeye 

edit: for supports use Sharon Carter, wang, quantum relm.  Boost red/Blue/ All.  Very good possibility of getting a boost of purple to auto match blue and start stun lock 
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Got 3rd clear using Thorkoye Iceman (all baby champs).  Went in with +4 blue AP, stunned carnage on the second turn and didn't let him wake up.  Without him adding attack tiles, Kraven didn't go bonkers and slaughter me (which he may have done on other attempts).
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    @Vhailorx

I did my clears with 5* Marvel, BRB, and a 2/2/2 base level Polaris. 3rd time I backed out until I had a decent board.  No boosts, only went for 20 greens as there will soon be enough specials to proc. Protect tiles seem to take precedence of occurring on new tiles. Just took 2 Kraven hits before I used Polaris stun on him. Then l let Marvel do her thing. 

I also beat the 4th try with iHulk Vulture for fun. Good luck
    *Supports* Ranks 4, 3, 5 of Carol’s Communicator, Lucky the Pizza Dog, and Atlantis. Supports are extremely beneficial to this node and other CN’s. YMMV. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    wiping with all those teams. this node is stupid hard.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glockoma said:
    @Vhailorx

I did my clears with 5* Marvel, BRB, and a 2/2/2 base level Polaris. 3rd time I backed out until I had a decent board.  No boosts, only went for 20 greens as there will soon be enough specials to proc. Protect tiles seem to take precedence of occurring on new tiles. Just took 2 Kraven hits before I used Polaris stun on him. Then l let Marvel do her thing. 

I also beat the 4th try with iHulk Vulture for fun. Good luck
    *Supports* Ranks 4, 3, 5 of Carol’s Communicator, Lucky the Pizza Dog, and Atlantis. Supports are extremely beneficial to this node and other CN’s. YMMV. 
    I was wondering if this team would work (I skipped 5* marvel, so it's not available to me).  This team can easily put out enough damage to drop a baby champ 5* in 2-3 turns, so I wasn't sure if this engine could get started fast enough.
    I tried it with 4* thanos but didn't have much success on clear 3 in limited testing.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    1 st clear I did Medusa daredevil apocalypse 
    2 nd carnag5 okoye medusa 
    3rd HE colson gamora 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    wiping with all those teams. this node is stupid hard.
    You misspelled 'broken'.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Let's look at some numbers at Level 650:
    Turn 1: Carnage creates 3 attack tiles with strength 2253 and 3 friendly attack tiles with strength 1287. A (non-yellow) match-3 does at least 3*1127 damage. Total damage: 3*1127+3*2253 = 10140 
    Turn 2: Carnage creates 3 attack tiles with strength 2253 and 3 friendly attack tiles with strength 1287. A (non-yellow) match-3 does at least 3*1127 damage. Total damage: 3*1127+6*2253 = 16899
    Turn 3 and onward: Carnage creates 3 attack tiles with strength 2253 and 3 friendly attack tiles with strength 1287. Kraven triggers and deals 23335 damage. A (non-yellow) match-3 does at least 3*1127 damage. Total damage: 3*1127+9*2253+23335 = 46993
    So you are looking at around 46k damage per turn from passives starting at turn 3. Ugh.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    abenness said:
    Got 3rd clear using Thorkoye Iceman (all baby champs).  Went in with +4 blue AP, stunned carnage on the second turn and didn't let him wake up.  Without him adding attack tiles, Kraven didn't go bonkers and slaughter me (which he may have done on other attempts).
    I used this team with those AP boosts and it worked, but I ran into something really weird.  I took out Carnage first after getting him stunlocked.  When Kraven and Sabertooth were both stunned, Iceman's passive yellow kicked in for some reason.  The damage he took from it was also enough to kill him off, as he tanks a lot of colors in this match for me. It was a race to try and kill Sabertooth and Kraven off before their stuns wore off.  I got there, but it was close.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    abenness said:
    I used this team with those AP boosts and it worked, but I ran into something really weird.  I took out Carnage first after getting him stunlocked.  When Kraven and Sabertooth were both stunned, Iceman's passive yellow kicked in for some reason.  The damage he took from it was also enough to kill him off, as he tanks a lot of colors in this match for me. It was a race to try and kill Sabertooth and Kraven off before their stuns wore off.  I got there, but it was close.
    Was Iceman's yellow kicking in from the attack tile damage?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    Polaris/BRB/Th4nos winfinite may work; I'll give it a shot and check back in.

*edit* - I was able to do clears 1 and 2 with it, but not 3 even with +4 to blue. The trick is to get Kraven stunned asap, but it becomes challenging to flood the board with Protect tiles rather than attacks or strikes with Carnage operating. Once BRB goes down the engine is broken, and all 3 of those characters are very dangerous at those levels. If Sabretooth catches one of Polaris' strikes in a match, you're basically done.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    HE/Coulson/Gamora, for 3 wins.

Sure, it's hard, Sure, I wiped a few times.... but those wipes were basically bad boards that offered NO blue OR red tiles for me to match on round 1.  I was using blue and red boosts (red for HE arrows, blue for Gamora stun).  Wong on HE.  Milano on Gamora.  ...and I just realized I got NOTHING on Coulson!  wow, I need to fix that.  :tongue:

But yeah, it's doable, with the boosts, supports, and a board that offers blue/red matches from the get-go.  Lets just say that I'm really glad they gave me 10 Health Packs yesterday.  :smiley:

EDIT:  I ended up putting Quantum Realm on Coulson -- I mean, a chance to start with more purple?  Which means, if that chance of starting with purple AP occurs, then I can match red, blue, OR purple to get going!  Nice.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I used Profe$$or X/Onslaught/Rescue with +2 blue/purple for clear 3. Lucked into some early cascades, and that was all she wrote. You have to be a little more deliberate with this team, and target match-ns even if they don't seem like the best play. Professor X's purple can be used with the blue effect to clear a line that has blue in it, which can make all the difference for deliberate cascade play. The other colors will randomly put that color someplace, which is less predictable.

So far, I've yet to find a solution for clear 4.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2020
    Ok I ended up going back to BRB/Polaris (2/4/2)/Th4nos and stacking +2 to blue/purple, +2 to green/black, and +2 to all, and I was able to get the engine started. I stunned Kraven as soon as I could, then tried my best to keep Protect tiles churning out.