Marvel Puzzle Quest R210 Release Notes (8/31/20)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R210 Release Notes.

“Ramblin’ Man”

Protect your squad at all costs with an ALL-NEW character coming soon! And team up with Polaris (Lorna Dane) in her featured events now!

Details:

• Wolverine (Old Man Logan)’s Still Sharp and Daken’s Chemical Reaction powers now deal damage once instead of twice.
  • When downing the target with Shuri’s Twin Blasters, the next enemy will no longer incorrectly be stunned
  • When receiving a Team-Up from completing a mission, an info button will now correctly appear
  • When selecting a character in the Roster screen and then selecting the back button, your position in the roster list is remembered (instead of scrolling back to the top of the list)
  • The correct audio will now play in the filter dropdown in the Roster screen.

Comments

• SolidusMox
    SolidusMox Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don't really use OML anyway. I would consider it, if he were good. Maybe they are doing this to make way for a dmg buff and hitting twice would be OP. Then again I will never have 12 Yellow so won't matter.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 957 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How many years have we asked if the Daken Chemical Reaction damage split was intended or a bug?

I think it appeared when 4* Iron Fist was added, since his green has the two step damage.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jackstar0 said:
    Kicking an old man when he's down doesn't seem right...
    To quote Doc ock, Insult to Injury 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2020
    Options
    So my guess from “ Protect your squad at all costs ...” means we are getting another Bishop / Worthy class defender . I know we’ve all been asking for another one . Think of a 5* Bishop , that’s like blood in the water for the whale sharks 
  • gemstony85Joey
    gemstony85Joey Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So....STILL no fix for the glitching colors at the start of gameplay??
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How many years have we asked if the Daken Chemical Reaction damage split was intended or a bug?

I think it appeared when 4* Iron Fist was added, since his green has the two step damage.
    In the thread for it (from early 2017, it's a bit messy because it was merged from multiple posts) they eventually said they were discussing it, but I don't think they ever came back to it. The 'by design' in the title may be a bit misleading because of later merges and edits.

It will probably take me a bit of time to get used to again, as I use Daken daily in the DDQ and the 2-step attack was often pretty handy for him.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,330 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So....STILL no fix for the glitching colors at the start of gameplay??
    Sporadic bugs that are hard to reproduce are also very hard to fix, unfortunately. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jp1 said:
    So, OML nerf?

Just...why? He is useless already.
    Only thing I can think of is that Daken's power hit twice for the same reason and they couldn't alter one without it affecting the other... And they didn't want to fix one and then re-fix the other.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eventually the grave dug for OML will be so deep, it'll come out on the other side of the world and future nerfs will technically be buffs.

I mean there hasn't been an OML Nerf in a while so we were totally due. If only there were other characters that could be nerfed but I cant think any right at the moment 
  • 1EvilMan
    1EvilMan Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Jeez, I think it's time to pull a star from poor old OML
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,330 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I realize it’s fun to complain, but a power that needs 12 yellow AP and another 7 black wasn’t anyone’s reason for running OML or not anyway.  Sure, it hurts if you have few other 5s (especially recent/meta ones) but you know you’re not competitive in that case anyway. 

Otherwise maybe you run him with Kitty for fun? In which case you weren’t going to save up that yellow anyway. 
    It certainly is weird to do now, but it’s not impacting anyone’s game.  (Seriously, why now?  He’s 5 years old!)
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
     (Seriously, why now?  He’s 5 years old!)
    Because he's going to be a fan fave during anniversary 🤣
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I realize it’s fun to complain, but a power that needs 12 yellow AP and another 7 black wasn’t anyone’s reason for running OML or not anyway.  Sure, it hurts if you have few other 5s (especially recent/meta ones) but you know you’re not competitive in that case anyway. 

Otherwise maybe you run him with Kitty for fun? In which case you weren’t going to save up that yellow anyway. 
    It certainly is weird to do now, but it’s not impacting anyone’s game.  (Seriously, why now?  He’s 5 years old!)
    Sure, but why not make him better instead of worse?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't know Twin Blasters is a bug and I have seen this happening a lot of time. There's nothing much in this RN. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I assume someone else is going to use this mechanic soon.

I really can't think of why after over a year you fix this... the character's actually went from bad to ok and now back to bad again with the "fix"  At least adjust the numbers now so the damage is somewhat the same.

And poor oml...

The character is already bad, he didn't deserve this lol.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm really curious what is going on, if anything, with all that rebalance feedback they solicited; was this nerf to OML/Daken really part of that?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm really curious what is going on, if anything, with all that rebalance feedback they solicited; was this nerf to OML/Daken really part of that?
    Ice said there's something coming up this week... maybe rebalances??? i'm not part of scuttlebutt he's talking about... though is that a clue about brb... hmmm...