Give players some control over teams in versus events

Akoni
Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
As I watched my points tick away during Versus battles, I had a thought. Which characters were selected to represent me in battle? Did those characters form a decent team with a variety of colors, or were all of the characters red/green? I know there is a formula for putting the teams together, but I do not know it. Nonetheless, it is possible for any formula to produce undesirable results. 

Then I had a thought: "It would be great if there was an option somewhere in the game where players could designate their preferred characters or teams." 

Character example
A highlightable icon could be included on the character page next to the "favorite" icon. This icon would increase the chances that the selected character is chosen for a versus battle. If a player only has Thor selected, for example, there would be a high chance that he is on the team each time. If Thor and Okoye are selected, there would be a decent chance that both would be on the same team often. Of course, if 10 different characters were highlighted, the chances of any of them making the team would be decent, but not necessarily in desired combinations. If no icons are highlighted, the system will select your team as it has done to date.

Team example (my preferred option)
An icon could be added to the specific Versus event screen between the individual/team scores on the upper left and the rewards icon on the upper right. This location has been empty for as long as I can remember. Once tapped, a roster pops up with all of your available characters with a drop down menu at the top that says "Team". This drop down menu will read "Team 1", "Team 2", "Team 3". (The number of teams is really up to the devs.) The player will tap on "Team 1", then proceed to tap on three characters to include them in Team 1. Tapping on a character again would remove them from Team 1. For clarity, each character's icon could be added to the menu under "Team 1". If any of the team slots are left blank, the system will select the remaining teammates as it has done to date. The player would do the same for the remaining teams.
Any team inputted has a higher chance of being selected as your team for a battle. If a team is left blank, the system will select your team as it has done to date. I recon that there would still be some random teams thrown in there from time to time, but this would ensure that the teams you enjoy and have spend so much time (ahem...money) building are there to represent you more often.